Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What Is Wrong With The Canucks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#91 Live.&.Die.Nucks

Live.&.Die.Nucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

What's wrong is the rules have changed. We're built on speed and special teams. No power plays = no success.

#92 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Haha your joking right? The sedins are acctually genertaing chances, I personally think there struggles have been blown out a proportion.

Yeah they haven't had the finish but they have still been making plays, and even coming close.

Raymond however... :picard: Im not really sure what line he will look good on , he didn't look as bad as usual with the twins agianst Phoenix but I think that the sedins play making made him look better, ya he read off them well at times but didn't really do a whole lot like we are used to seeing burrows and others do.

I respectfully disagree to the bolded point. Henrik I believe was until the last game in his biggest pointless streak in over 10 yrs so I dont believe it was blown out of proportion.

#93 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Canucks can drop to 6th in the league by sunday. The 30th team will beat them on saturday, as usual, and the fans who pay big bucks will choke !!

#94 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Nothing is wrong "At the end of the day, it is what it is and it's a process". :P

Edited by Wh!stler R!der, 16 March 2012 - 12:19 PM.

This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#95 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,170 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

The Canucks current slump is testing the team's leadership group, Alain Vigenault said.

The Vancouver Canucks have lost four of five and their head coach manufactured some pressure for his core, suggesting it's up to the team's group of veterans to work through their struggles to lead the Canucks out of this funk.
"Our core group of players is being challenged," Vigneault said. "It's a different element when you're depended on to be leaders, to lead a group, to (make sure) your actions are the right ones to influence.
"If I'm a player in our dressing room, and I'm getting ready for a game, I want to win. I'm confident that's what this group wants. I'm confident knowing each and every player in this room that that's what they want. They want to win.
"Losing is no fun. And I don't think we've won a lot of games lately."
Vigneault then named names — those whose games are "not exactly where (they) need to be."
Vigneault rolled out Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa, Manny Malhotra and Roberto Luongo
. It should be noted here Malhotra is out indefinitely because of a personal issue.
"All of their games are a little bit off," Vigneault said. "It's a challenge for us right now. It's a good challenge. It's a challenge that should make this group stronger and better.
"I'm confident they are going to hit it head on and get back to what we're all about.
"It's not easy for them because their game isn't where we need it to be. It makes it more interesting as far as being able to influence and push buttons in the dressing room."
The Sedins got three points in Wednesday's 5-4 loss to Phoenix but struggled again defensively. They were lined with slumping forward Mason Raymond. That's not going to change, said Vigneault who suggested anyone can play with the Sedins.
So, it seems, he's going to continue to go with the "why not Raymond?" strategy.
"In theory, you would expect anybody to play with Hank and Danny to be able to play and play well. In theory," he said. "We'll see what happens."
But that theory is being tested. Alex Burrows had been struggling with the Sedins. In his first game with Jannik Hansen and Samme Pahlsson on Wednesday, the third line became the Canucks' best line.
"Can it work consistently? Hank, Danny and Burr had worked consistently," Vigneault said. "For whatever reason, the last couple of months, except for a couple of games, not much has been happening as far as them producing at the level they had us used to.
"You have to try other things. Usually, Hank and Danny, the guy they played with was good. Now, Burr goes somewhere else and that line gets going."
Vigneault also took his blueline to task for the number of odd-man rushes the team gave up against the Coyotes.
"I'd say 75 per cent of those were caused by bad reads by our defence," he said. "They're reads you have to make. Is the third-man high? Is he not high?
"What type of puck control do we have. Do we have good puck control? Am I supposed to be stepping in, or not? A lot of times (Wednesday) our guys decided to make decisions without the puck to either stay in or to go in for the outlet pass that were the wrong decisions.
"There were some other instances where the forwards were responsible for the odd-man rush, too."
Vigneault did not name his starter for Saturday. But he did say he doesn't believe Luongo needs games to play his way out of a slump.
"I think last year was the first step in us reducing his ice time which was a significant amount compared to what he was used to in the past," he said. "I thought he handled it real well.
"This year, for a stretch, we went with Schneids and when he came back he was fine."
jbotchford@theprovince.com
twitter.com/botchoncanucks
© Copyright © The Province

Coach AV is on it....

Posted Image

#96 Northern

Northern

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Haha your joking right? The sedins are acctually genertaing chances, I personally think there struggles have been blown out a proportion.

Yeah they haven't had the finish but they have still been making plays, and even coming close.

Raymond however... :picard: Im not really sure what line he will look good on , he didn't look as bad as usual with the twins agianst Phoenix but I think that the sedins play making made him look better, ya he read off them well at times but didn't really do a whole lot like we are used to seeing burrows and others do.

Unemployment line.....

#97 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,556 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I respectfully disagree to the bolded point. Henrik I believe was until the last game in his biggest pointless streak in over 10 yrs so I dont believe it was blown out of proportion.

Thanks for the Respect, I respectfully disagree also.

Obvisously he hasn't been getting points like they usually do, I think there struggles have been blown out of proportion because they are still making plays and generating chances and haven't Buried as much as usual.

If they had been just going out there and doing absolutely nothing to help, doing things like turning the puck over every shift and not getting any possession time and things like that then I would agree with all the criticism, But they still have been getting there chances just not getting the Breaks.

zackass.png

#98 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,556 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Unemployment line.....

The Trade Block..

Whoops I mean Trade Block *Line.

zackass.png

#99 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Canucks can drop to 6th in the league by sunday. The 30th team will beat them on saturday, as usual, and the fans who pay big bucks will choke !!

the cream rises and the curd drops.....

#100 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Listening to Sports talk last night and the only player in the core group that was owning up to their failures and pledged to be better was Roberto Luongo.

That shows Roberto has grown and is now much more ahead of the game than KB,Kes and the others.

#101 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Unless Colorado plays 4 games between now and Sunday then I don't think that is possible ... genius.

Edit: Sorry missed the league part. Why the hell does that matter?

Edited by Dogbyte, 16 March 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#102 camaro ss

camaro ss

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

What is wrong with this team it's AV. Like the other guy said above AV was the one who pushed to trade Hodgson. Hodgson should've been centering our second line and have Kesler Wing. Hodgson is a natural goal scorer and has more skill then Kesler something we were lacking in the Stanley Cup final last year . Hodgson was great in the shootout to. Gillis and AV made a big mistake messing with the team at the deadline. Why fix what isn't broken. AV i can't stand. He never pats any of the players on the bench when they are do something right. Or never talks to them. He also stands there watching the Sedin's get pushed around while doing nothing.

Matt Cooke, Michael Grabner and now Cody all gone because of AV.

I'm as big a Canuck fan as all of u on here but i'm still steamed that AV got his way at the Deadline.

This team has no passion this year and i think it all starts with gum chewer.

#103 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Unless Colorado plays 4 games between now and Sunday then I don't think that is possible ... genius.

Edit: Sorry missed the league part. Why the hell does that matter?

...... heh heh heh heh heh

#104 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

What is wrong with this team it's  AV. Like the other guy said above AV was the one who pushed to trade Hodgson. Hodgson should've been centering our second line and have Kesler Wing. Hodgson is a natural goal scorer and has more skill then Kesler something we were lacking in the Stanley Cup final last year . Hodgson was great in the shootout to. Gillis and AV made a big mistake messing with the team at the deadline. Why fix what isn't broken.  AV i can't stand. He never pats any of the players on the bench when they are do something right. Or never talks to them. He also stands there  watching the Sedin's  get pushed around while doing nothing.

Matt Cooke, Michael Grabner and now Cody all gone because of AV.

I'm  as big a Canuck fan as all of u on here but i'm still steamed that AV got his way at the Deadline.

This team has no passion this year and i think it all starts with gum chewer.

Can't say it any better than this !  It may even be a 1st round p/off exit for them, if the chemistry or lack thereof remains. There's that one little hope nonetheless, that the brand new canucks will acclimatize and gel with the team after say, 3-4 more games and fill in the gaps. "Dum Spiro Spero!"

Edited by taib mahmud, 16 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#105 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Can't say it any better than this !  It may even be a 1st round p/off exit for them, if the chemistry or lack thereof remains. There's that one little hope nonetheless, that the brand new canucks will acclimatize and gel with the team after say, 3-4 more games and fill in the gaps. "Dom Spiro Spero!"

I really think we got to give them a chance when they're ready to play. This team is good enough to at least be in one playoff round no matter how bad they are playing right now.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#106 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

wow that's really something to look forward to....

#107 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Luongo, that's what.

We're tired of the chokes, tired of the .88 save pct ...... tired, tired, tired.

This is a Stanley Cup winning team........we want the Cup!!!!!!
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

#108 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

You.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#109 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

You.

No, Lu.
Way to spoil a perfectly good thread,
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

#110 obienuck

obienuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

does anyone here remember when manny was interviewing and he said something
it hard with demonds and battles but i have to keep working and not bring my teammate down? It was an interview in dec or nov when he was playing his worst . Hope it not the demond that got him to take off! Go Canucks Go :towel:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.