The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Canucks Troll Avs

Taelin

Just goes to show how good our team is, and how dynamic our players are. Higgins is playing a really great game on the Third line, and shining there, but also shines on the second line. Burrows has been shown to play well anywhere from the first to the third line too. Lapierre got some shifts with the first line and looked great. The list goes on.

We're really lucky to have such a great team of hardworking guys. Of course, tonight the credit goes to Lu! First star and well deserved! Although I thought Higgy deserved second, third isn't bad!

I am Hodgson fan, and I'm also a supporter of the trade, maybe i'm just biased towards gillis, even my nickname is based on MIke Gillis, but the frack good is he, if he's not generating offence, nor is he even hitting? That's 5 straight games with 1 hit per game. 2 shots tonight 1 hit??? The hell.....

Why are people who call a spade a spade considered "haters" dude? Yes he played well tonight, the problem with his game as all we 'haters' say is he can play like he did tonight, then implode another. He is erratic. Erratic in the playoffs doesn't work. You need solid, consistent in the playoffs.

I don't think people would complain if Lou played a tight game and didn't implode on a regular basis, or if he played as he did tonight, as he did in Chicago, on a CONSISTENT BASIS..

Derp...understand?

Before folks get all "dickwadish" on Kassian, can someone who is critical of his play share just how many minutes the kid played tonight? .. and with how many different line-mates?? .. he is just getting his feet wet here .. learning and available as a deterrent if we need someone to step up .. anyone notice SOB acting like a bully A-hole tonight like he has every other game this year? .. no .. not one azz-hat move by the Roxy Queen .. wonder why? .. go ahead and wonder .. we'll give you all the time you need .. -_-

Great comeback win boys!

But, as per usual, the biggest concern is officiating. 1 day after Keith was suspended for a high head hit on a Canuck (who was injured), 2 guys do the exact same hit on Canucks tonight, and zilch from the officials. One of them was a 2 min minor, the other wasn't called. As a result, Canucks lost another player. ANOTHER PLAYER. You kiddin me? When do the officials start doing their jobs to help protect players?

Also, McLeans comments which were 'protecting' O'Hallaran are a farce. I've posted the numbers about O'Hallaran, he's blatantly out for the Canucks. No doubt about it. He made one call re: face wash on Kassian, but made 2 other calls pulling out Canucks in scrums and penalizing them. PJ calling out Kassian tonight is way off base. The 'kid' has played 39 NHL games - is he supposed to be Todd Bertuzzi in 39 NHL games? Get a clue PJ.

Tanev is beast, Just beast.

Landeskog is rather hot.

Just watching the game now because I was at a different game.

Was watching the scrum in front of the 'nucks bench toward the end of the 3rd (about 1:45 left after the Hamhuis hit), I could see Kassian on the bench and then this hand creeps down onto his shoulder.. the hand was attached to AV. It was funny to see him 'holding Kassian back' or maybe reminding him that it isn't his place.

We have yet to see the chip on his shoulder and that mean streak that we heard about but it seems like AV has or is aware that he might jump in.

I wonder if maybe they have given him some restrictions for now about how he plays and when and how he uses that mean streak. Keeping in a secret for the playoffs. :bigblush:

PJ Stock has it right in that Kassian has to really grab this chance because he's been invisible. He's supposed to be big and tough and he hasn't stuck up for anyone in a scrum or a fight. He's really making Gillis look like a bozo with this trade and he better snap out of it. I want to see some moxy out of this kid because right now he looks like he feels entitled to this great chance, he's basically just floating around out there, i don't think i heard his name more than once tonight.

I know he's young but we don't have time to wait 2 or 3 years for him to grow up, Gillis obviously saw something in him to trade their number one so he better make hay and at least be more physical !

Archived