Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Has Vigneault Finally Found His First Line With Daniel Out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Vigneault was exploring his first line options all game long he first tried Kassian which generated nothing then he tried Weise which somehow generated less then Kassian on the first line. Then questionably Vigneault gave lapierre a shift with sedin and raymond at the end of the game and they almost scored. Lapierre also backed up hamhuis on the same shift. Maybe this is what Sedin needs a guy similar to burrows who always steps up his game when he is called upon.

Raymond= Speedy

Sedin= Amazing in everything

Lapierre= Aggresive and fast

This could work dont kid your self when lappy was in MTL Carbo put lapierre on a line with koivu and dagostini and they were good together that was during the time frame of the Alex Tanguay injury.

We already made playoffs so what is there to lose? I hope vigneault gives this line a chance, unless you rather have a not ready Kassian or a dale weise on it. Maybe Lappy is a burrows in disguise just waiting for his moment to shine.

Bitz worked i dont see why lappy wouldnt.

What do u guys think?

#2 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,298 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line.

This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.
Posted Image

#3 bronski beat

bronski beat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

id like to see westerholm play with henrik TWIN POWER!

#4 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I agree, it's called balance
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#5 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Raymond-Henrik-Booth
Burrows-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

For next game.
Posted Image

#6 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

'finally' found his first line with daniel out? it's been less than two games... i do not think 40-33-21 is a permanent combination, the work lappy does on the 4th line is very important to this team and his skill set does not really translate to the no.1 line IMO ... one thing is for sure, AV has found some chemistry between Henrik and Mason, so you can bet we will see them paired up with a second winger, at least until daniel returns. I really love what I've seen from the two of them, looks like Henrik (like he does for so many players) allows Mason to realize his full offensive potential.

#7 dura_mater

dura_mater

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line.

This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.

Giant bonehead? He gave us the best depth on d with that trade. He also gave us two "elite" 3rd/4th line shutdown centers by acquring Pahlsson (Manny being the other). Also, you do realise CODY HODGSON PLAYS CENTER right?. If they weren't willing to try him on the wing when he was here why would they have now?

So let's look at MG's "bonehead" move. Acquired more depth on D in case of injuries - check. Acquired amazing depth at center for our 3rd 4th line - check. Gave up... a whining baby... seriously though he gave up a 3rd line center who would still be playing a 3rd line center role with Danny out. Explain to me how that is boneheaded. Please don't let your man crush on CoHo cloud your judgement, you're usually a very respected poster.
"BoKnows53"
My stinky team isn't on top of the Standings anymore Waah waaahh, fire everyone because I say so

- New Era Canucks Fans

#8 *Buzzsaw*

*Buzzsaw*

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

In my opinion Lapierre should stay on the 4th line. He does excellent work there, he is a physical presence, and provides a lot of the creativity and scoring touch.

I think Burrows should be back on the #1 line with Henrik, and Higgins should be back with Booth and Kesler. Those two do not have the 'go' without Higgins.

My preference:

Burrows Henrik Raymond

Booth Kesler Higgins

Hansen Pahlssen Kassian

Malhotra Lapierre Weiss

#9 prophetofgreed

prophetofgreed

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hodgson couldn't play wing. It was tried, and failed.

#10 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Kassian needs to try and harness the powers of the Bert and crash the net at all occasions, and play bigger than life! We lost a good depth scorer in Hodgson, so he needs to make up for that somehow...

#11 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Double the troll :emot-parrot:
Posted Image

#12 spacekadet

spacekadet

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

I like what we have going now for us and the AMEX line works amazing. I think we should give Booth a game on the first though just to see what he can add to it.

#13 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Giant bonehead? He gave us the best depth on d with that trade. He also gave us two "elite" 3rd/4th line shutdown centers by acquring Pahlsson (Manny being the other). Also, you do realise CODY HODGSON PLAYS CENTER right?. If they weren't willing to try him on the wing when he was here why would they have now?

So let's look at MG's "bonehead" move. Acquired more depth on D in case of injuries - check. Acquired amazing depth at center for our 3rd 4th line - check. Gave up... a whining baby... seriously though he gave up a 3rd line center who would still be playing a 3rd line center role with Danny out. Explain to me how that is boneheaded. Please don't let your man crush on CoHo cloud your judgement, you're usually a very respected poster.

he just cannot seem to move

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#14 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

he cannot seem to move on , can he .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#15 kesburlerows

kesburlerows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

im just happy raymond is playing better..
Posted Image

Thanks to K.Welly for the sig

1. Vancouver canucks

2a. Edmonton Oilers
2b. New Jersey Devils
2c. Buffalo Sabres
3. Tampa Bay Lightning

#16 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

Fully agree with you. We got 2 great checking lines and 2 great scoring lines. If the team plays according to par, we should be scheduled to make a deep run into the playoffs and I don't think anyone can take credit away from MG anymore.

Our checking line has been one of our most consistently reliable line in our defensive zone due to the addition of Pahlsson. This should help solidify our playoff team and I see it paying off big time very shortly.

#17 DarkGhost

DarkGhost

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line. This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.

Lol on what planet is kassian a great finisher? I'll have some of whatever you are smoking please!
Canucks 2010/2011 Playoff Run facebook page now up!

http://www.facebook....6645799?sk=wall

"Are you a forum? Cause there's a troll in my pants!"

#18 naslundfan921

naslundfan921

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

The way I see it there's no harm at this stage in keeping Kassian on the1st line with Raymond and Hank considering that at this point we are locked in that 2nd seed (I know we can still go for presidents trophy) but that in my mind is just an added bonus and not a necessity.

I think playing Kassian there is the best way to do it because I personally have liked the way the 2nd line and the 3rd line have been playing and would be hesitant to move any of those guys. Also I think Lappy is more suited in that banging agitator role on the 4th rather than the top line. I think if AV keeps Kassian with the top line he can develop some chemistry too and like I said at this point the games I don't wanna say don't matter but we can afford to test lines here and I wanna see what Kassian can do with a set line rather than moving up and down like he has

#19 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

Booth Sedin Kesler
Raymond Hodgson Burrows
...Oh...

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#20 OncebeforeIdie

OncebeforeIdie

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

In my opinion Lapierre should stay on the 4th line. He does excellent work there, he is a physical presence, and provides a lot of the creativity and scoring touch.

I think Burrows should be back on the #1 line with Henrik, and Higgins should be back with Booth and Kesler. Those two do not have the 'go' without Higgins.

My preference:

Burrows Henrik Raymond

Booth Kesler Higgins

Hansen Pahlssen Kassian

Malhotra Lapierre Weiss

I agree will leaving Kes, Booth, and Higgins together...so much so that I might consider making them the number one line while Daniel is out. This would give them a few extra minutes a game (or give Hank and Co. a few less...whatever way you like to look at it). I would also leave Burr with Pahlssen and Hansen. The forth is fine with Manny, Lappy, and Weiss...so by default...

Higgins Kesler Booth
Raymond Hank Kass
Hansen Pahlssen Burr
Manny Lappy Wiess

The AMEX line gets the ice time they deserve. Kass gets some playing time in the top six with players like Hank and Raymond under slightly less pressure to be great every shift and the 3rd and 4th lines get the time they need to really gel before the playoffs.

It is fine to do a bit of experimenting with the lines, but this close to playoffs, we should leave as many lines together as possible.

#21 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Sounds like a nickname Cody would have :bigblush:

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#22 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

whatever av will be messing around with the lines in the upcoming games so we shall see

#23 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

Lol on what planet is kassian a great finisher? I'll have some of whatever you are smoking please!

You are judging his finish in 10 games HAHAHA typical cdcthanks for the chuckle

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#24 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

I think it only makes sense that when one member of a line goes down, you keep 2/3 of that line together. Therefor, I think Burrows should still be up on the top line with Hank and Raymond. That line is proven to work anyways.

Raymond - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Malhotra - Pahlsson - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

#25 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

This post is ridiculous.
1) We didn't add defense, we traded Sulzer for MAG. And they are loving Sulzer in Buffalo right now
2) The Pahlsson trade had nothing to do with the Hodgson trade
3) It's really frustrating how quickly people on CDC have turned on Hodgson based on speculation and hearsay

I wasn't against the idea of a trade, however moving Hodgson at the deadline and not waiting until the summer made no sense to me. Reports came out that other GMs were upset that they didn't get to bid, we lost secondary scoring heading into the playoffs (our downfall last year), and Kassian doesn't seem ready to be a big contributor this year.

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#26 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I think we should cut Kassian a break.

I think it is a great option to have young Kass with Hank and MR when some grit is required. Let's not exhausted the youngster, or place too much responsibility on his shoulders. It's not fair and we are supposed to want what is best for our players.

Honestly I would rather have Higgins or Hansen on the 1st when grit is not so important. Leave Booth with Kes and hope for the chemistry we have all talked about.

I would also like to see an experiment of Manny on the 1st with Hank and MR just to see if it would help him get his confidence back.
Kevin.jpg

#27 DarkGhost

DarkGhost

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

You are judging his finish in 10 games HAHAHA typical cdcthanks for the chuckle

Uh u do realize u are doin the exact same thing right? Saying he is a great finisher when he has only played 10 games. Congrats on making yourself look like an idiot.

I'm not saying kassian won't be good...I'm saying so far he has done nothing to show anyone that he is a great finisher.

Idiots on here already think the kid is bertuzzi. He should still be in the minors and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Suggesting he should be anywhere near a top 6 role on this team is a joke.
Canucks 2010/2011 Playoff Run facebook page now up!

http://www.facebook....6645799?sk=wall

"Are you a forum? Cause there's a troll in my pants!"

#28 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

This post is ridiculous.
1) We didn't add defense, we traded Sulzer for MAG. And they are loving Sulzer in Buffalo right now
2) The Pahlsson trade had nothing to do with the Hodgson trade
3) It's really frustrating how quickly people on CDC have turned on Hodgson based on speculation and hearsay

I wasn't against the idea of a trade, however moving Hodgson at the deadline and not waiting until the summer made no sense to me. Reports came out that other GMs were upset that they didn't get to bid, we lost secondary scoring heading into the playoffs (our downfall last year), and Kassian doesn't seem ready to be a big contributor this year.

While I see what you are saying, I honestly think Cody would/will be found wanting when things get physical in the playoffs. For that reason alone it was worth trading him.

Also we are well covered at centre. Pahlsson is much better at what we needed from a 3rd line centre than Cody. Kassian is more able to play a physical/protection/hitting game than Cody.

I liked Cody too but honestly think we get much more from this deal (when push comes to kickass) than what we were able to muster via Cody and Sulzer.
Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.