Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kassian-Injured

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 DutchieBang

DutchieBang

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hopefully we won't have to see him on the ice very much anymore

:picard:
Posted Image

#32 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Weise, Ebbett and Bitz are all better than Kassian and deserve to be playing ahead of him anyway. Not a loss to the team at all imo. People who think he has some kind of switch he can hit for the playoffs and suddenly become a player he's never been are delusional. Stop comparing him to Lucic or Bertuzzi. The only reason Kassian is still in our lineup is so Gillis doesn't look like a fool for trading Hodgson for a guy that can't crack our roster. Let's hope he develops into an NHL'er down the road. Though this team is built to win now, not when Kassian (hopefully) gets better.

Oh you're as impatient as a 15 year old school girl who is waiting in line to see Burrows.

:bigblush:

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#33 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Not what I'm saying at all dude. Do you and your little posse actually read what I post? Clearly not...

I'm sorry guys, Some things you're right on, some thing you're wrong.. and this time you guys are wrong, just face it. But I mean, It's ok, it's no big deal. Just try to understand more next time...

Anyways, I'm out.. Have a good one everybody

Trooollll'd just like how everyone was right about Hodgson being a bust they're going to be right about Kassian being a bust. You know if you say that every player is bound to be a bust, you're going to be right sooner rather than later.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#34 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Oh you're as impatient as a 15 year old school girl who is waiting in line to see Burrows.

:bigblush:

Good to see you intelligently defend your viewpoint. I'm not sure what you're being so patient for. Kassian to be a good hockey player once our team is way past its peak?

#35 DutchieBang

DutchieBang

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Not what I'm saying at all dude. Do you and your little posse actually read what I post? Clearly not...

I'm sorry guys, Some things you're right on, some thing you're wrong.. and this time you guys are wrong, just face it. But I mean, It's ok, it's no big deal. Just try to understand more next time...

Anyways, I'm out.. Have a good one everybody

I don't think you and your little posse in your head read what you post.. your comments on this thread are less usefull than a bad case of diarrhea.. what a mess
Posted Image

#36 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

looked like he had shoulder trouble, might just explain the drop off in kassians ability to throw the monster hits lately if he has been playing through an injury. (re-injured on the collision to take him out of game) This could be a blessing in disguise to get him back to the shape he was in when he 1st arrived for the first round. pure speculation

Lappy has been on fire lately and from where ive been watching it was those first couple games with kassian in the line up that got lappy going into beast mode trying to "out hit" each other. Can't wait to see the nucks with a healthy kassian throwing hits and bitz in the same line up :towel:

#37 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Bitz in the lineup over Kassian. When Kassian is on his game he can be one of the best players on te ice, but the problem is consistency. I'm not bashing him because a lot of young players struggle with that and I think he will show a lot of improvement over the next few years, as Hodgson is doing. If Kassian can bring a good game on a consistent basis in the playoffs, then he should definitely stay in the lineup, but if not I would like to see some more of Bitz or Ebbett if we need more scoring.

I hope he gets well soon and I do like how he stands up for his teammates but I think there might be some more reliable options out there right now. He's still learning and at this point in time it may be better to go with someone more experience and consistent.

Edited by etsen3, 04 April 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#38 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Why do you enjoy bashing prospects/first year players so much? Does it make you feel important? Does it make you feel good? Seems like some people are so impatient, and so quick to judge on here with a negative response all the time.

JohnLennon said "Hope your ok Kass, get better soon bud. I hope there is no dislocation or a tear in the deltoid region, This would definitely affect his ability to hit or receive a hit on that side of his body.

Ps- If Hodgson took that hit he'd be unconscious, just saying..."

Nothing hypocritical about you is there ..........just saying

Edited by SimplyHockey, 04 April 2012 - 11:29 AM.

"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#39 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

From the above you appear to be the pot calling the kettle black. Why the comment about Hodgson from one who critizes another for bashing a prospect. Now who is the hypocrit?

From the above you appear to be the pot calling the kettle black. Why the comment about Hodgson from one who critizes another for bashing a prospect. Now who is the hypocrit?

It was a joke, being sarcastic, so much bashing around here just thought I'd get in on the fun. Yes the comment is uncharacteristic of me, and for the record I don't have anything against Cody. I think he's a great young player and would never wish an injury on him or anyone for that matter. I mean't no wrong. I mean't it in a joking way. Seems like some people are glad that one of our players is injured though, and make it seem like its a good thing. Anyhow thanks for calling me out..

Edited by JohnLennon, 04 April 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#40 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Good to see you intelligently defend your viewpoint. I'm not sure what you're being so patient for. Kassian to be a good hockey player once our team is way past its peak?

Because great teams like the Red Wings and Pitts Rags all have this metaphorical windows ? Because we only want to one cup and then go for a rebuild? *gasp* you might I don't want to suck after when we do win. That's fine if you do kind of expected it coming from CDC. 40 years and counting. I'd be anxious too if I didn't understand or no the word patience.

No wonder we rioted.

The idiocy on CDC....

#41 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Kassian is already a good player in developement , I sorry if you have a hard time seeing that. I suggest you take the time to actually watch the game like a "scout" when Kassian is on the ice and isolate on him. Like alot of young players he is still learning the game at the NHL level, plus adapting to the canuck's system of play.

(Take it for what it's worth) When I isolate(watch him and only him with and without the puck) on kassian, I see alot of flashes of good things to come; His under rated passing, his drive off the boards well protecting the puck which is very Bertuzzi like, his cycle along the boards, his speed for a big body, his back checking, his forechecking, his will to go to the net, mucking it up after the whistle, and more if you get my point or not.

Kassian is, on most plays, without the puck in good position defensively and very rarely a liability in that matter( a huge plus for a young player). It's my opinion that the reason we saw Kassian drop in his hitting, after his first few games, is because AV saw him getting a little over overzealous in his hitting and told him to wait for the playoffs they not not need him getting hurt they already know what he can do in that department.

If you watch Kassian closely you will see alot of good things he does do, they are subtle but there if you know what to watch for. With all that said Kassian can and is some times lazy on the ice, but in mostpart plays the way the team plays if the team looks lazy he follows suit and vise versa. So I disagee with your assumption and Kassian will be a big part of this team way before they are pass their peak and in his prime when they are on a new high peak.

Edited by Vancanwincup, 04 April 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#42 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Kassian does not seem to know what he is doing on the ice, he plays like a 15 years old kid...
What it takes to get Bitz back into the lineup?
Bitz is actually the type of guy we need on our team IMO.

#43 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hopefully it is'nt a serious injury to Kassian..Even though he has'nt been putting up points,I've been impressed with his skating,and accurate passing...You get used to having the big guy in the lineup.

Calling Kassian out at this stage of his career is too easy a shot.Probably the same impatient bandwagoners that last year were saying Cody Hodgson will be a career AHL'er.

#44 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hopefully it is'nt a serious injury to Kassian..Even though he has'nt been putting up points,I've been impressed with his skating,and accurate passing...You get used to having the big guy in the lineup.

Calling Kassian out at this stage of his career is too easy a shot.Probably the same impatient bandwagoners that last year were saying Cody Hodgson will be a career AHL'er.

NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#45 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hopefully we won't have to see you post much more.

I second that thought.

#46 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Although I wasn't happy with the trade for Kassian in the first place, I thought he was the key player on the line with Sedin and Raymond. Kassian created space for his linemates, enabling Sedin more time to think about what he needs to do, and for Raymond to have time and space to make a quality shot. He didn't get any points on those goals, but I have no doubt that he was a key contributor on those goals.

10055118.jpg

You don't understand anything, man. Leave your stupid comments in your pocket

#47 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Kassian does not seem to know what he is doing on the ice, he plays like a 15 years old kid...
What it takes to get Bitz back into the lineup?
Bitz is actually the type of guy we need on our team IMO.

I like Bitz too, but in no way is Kassian a step down from Bitz. It would be nice to have both in the line up though.
It's funny ironic how you use the user name "Understand" when you post statements like that one.

#48 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Kassian is already a good player in developement , I sorry if you have a hard time seeing that. I suggest you take the time to actually watch the game like a "scout" when Kassian is on the ice and isolate on him. Like alot of young players he is still learning the game at the NHL level, plus adapting to the canuck's system of play.

(Take it for what it's worth) When I isolate(watch him and only him with and without the puck) on kassian, I see alot of flashes of good things to come; His under rated passing, his drive off the boards well protecting the puck which is very Bertuzzi like, his cycle along the boards, his speed for a big body, his back checking, his forechecking, his will to go to the net, mucking it up after the whistle, and more if you get my point or not.

Kassian is, on most plays, without the puck in good position defensively and very rarely a liability in that matter( a huge plus for a young player). It's my opinion that the reason we saw Kassian drop in his hitting, after his first few games, is because AV saw him getting a little over overzealous in his hitting and told him to wait for the playoffs they not not need him getting hurt they already know what he can do in that department.

If you watch Kassian closely you will see alot of good things he does do, they are subtle but there if you know what to watch for. With all that said Kassian can and is some times lazy on the ice, but in mostpart plays the way the team plays if the team looks lazy he follows suit and vise versa. So I disagee with your assumption and Kassian will be a big part of this team way before they are pass their peak and in his prime when they are on a new high peak.

Well thought out. A lot of people here fail to remember this is his first year in the NHL and it wasn't even a full year. They also ignore the fact the Cody did almost next to nothing at the same age in his first stint but he undeniably showed potential in the way he handled the puck and you saw sparks of how good he would be. Same goes for Kassian. He is not close to being an impact player yet but every once in a while you see a flash of what he could be. When he turns his back to a player they can barely move him off the puck. However, he doesn't always make the right play with it in that situation and sometimes turns the puck right into the opposing players stick. With experience, he will learn more effective ways to use his body and how to position the puck better.

Simply, he's a kid that is trying to learn the highest level of hockey on a team that is first in the NHL. I mean when I was his age I was probably high as a kite sitting on someones couch dreaming about how great it would be if I could fly. He is learning and experience is crucial to learning the game and using your skill set. The hardest thing for rookies to learn is the difficulty level of consistency in order to succeed. He definitely has the skill set to be an impact player. Whether or not he learns the game well enough and how to handle different situations from experience is what remains to be seen.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.