Canucks over SharksI

St Louis over Coyotes

Chicago over LA

Nashville over Detroit

Canucks over Chicago (obviously lol)

Nashville over St. Louis

Canucks over Nashville

Nucks vs Pens

Don't think we'll be able to beat the Preds in the playoffs. I've said it before: Pekka Rinne is going to be a monster, Weber and Sutter are going to be beasts and Radulov is going to be sick!

we faced Rinne, Weber, Suter last year and that seemed to be a rather easy series.

Nashville has gotten better...Radulov, Gill, Gaustad, Kostitsyn. However, Canucks have gotten better as well...Booth, Pahlssson, Gragnani, Kassian, + our over team's deep playoff experience.

I acknowledge that Nashville has gotten a lot more well rounded from last year and are a much more threatening contender, however, Canucks still are the favorite IMO in a Nash vs Van match up. There bottom 6 forwards looks very solid defensively and even though our offence is having a tough time now, I think the Sedins and Kesler will eventually find their own groove in the playoffs.

I think some of you guys are underestimating the Panthers- I know Boston would probably beat them, but that team is a serious darkhorse...Remember 96'? Who did they have that "put them over the top"? Mediocre team that went all the way. If Boston underestimates the Panthers, I could see an upset.

I think some of you guys are underestimating the Panthers- I know Boston would probably beat them, but that team is a serious darkhorse...Remember 96'? Who did they have that "put them over the top"? Mediocre team that went all the way. If Boston underestimates the Panthers, I could see an upset.

What people seem to forget us that neither the Sedins or Kesler are as good this year as they were last year. We the Nashvile series was a tough one, and Kesler carried us through it. I don't think he'll be able to do that this year...

I wouldn't count the Sedins out already. They were going through a slump. Even though it was a lengthy slump, it seems H Sedin is playing like his old self again. I would expect that to rub off on daniel when he is back.

Kesler on the other hand is a cause for concern. Started the season late and that kind of dragged on all year, however, you never know what the playoffs will bring out in a player, especially a guy like Kesler who has argueably the most heart on the team. Also, on the bright side, even if Kesler doesn't produce offensively, he won't be a reliability as he can make up for it in his own end.

Also, don't overlook that Higgins and Hansen had somewhat of a breakout year therefore we have some secondary scoring from them. I am also looking forward to seeing Kassian and Booth who I believe can excel at the playoff level.

Anyways, with everything considered, if you look at both teams, I think canucks are the better team overall.

I'm not "counting out the Sedins". I'm just not counting on them to carry us.

Kesler is having another great year, defensively, but with Påhlsson in the lineup, it's essential to get him producing offensively.

Higgins, Lappiere and Hansen have been really good this year, but I'm a bit concerned about Booth; I mean, how many breakaways can a guy miss?

I'm not saying that the Canucks aren't an elite team, in my book we're one of the best teams in the world. But in my book, we were the best team in the world last year, and we didn't win...

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic so I won't feel so bad if we lose.

No, I get where you're coming from. We do need Kesler to be the main source of our secondary scoring and he hasn't really reassured fans yet during the season. On the bright side, canucks have still found there way to the top of the league without a monster Kes. I still think the playoffs will spark some of our players and I some notable mentions are Kes, Booth, Kas, and Hansen.

Have some faith. Nashville has many insecurities on their team as well. No teams perfect. Even though we can argue all we want, we will just have to wait. One things for sure though, that it will be a closer series than last year.

Cheers

Archived