The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Vancouver Fans Deserve The Cup?

Canucks44219

Is watching really free on TV? You're paying for electricity, and they're earning money from your views. People buy tickets expecting a win, not a loss. If I told you we'd lose 5-0 and it was going to happen, would you still buy the ticket knowing we played poorly? With how expensive the tickets are, there's a good reason for fans to be unhappy.

And you don't think those elements are present in other situations? There are 4 major championships a year in USA and Canada, I certainly haven't heard of this happening 4 times a year by the losing city. I did hear there was one in Boston after the Patriots lost but that was hardly a riot, just a few out of control college students.

Honestly, I don't even know why we are arguing. As far as fanbases go, I think the Canucks are quickly climing the ranks as one of the worst. The incessant bitching and moaning, the conspiracy theorists, the bandwagoners, the knee-jerks...it's getting unbearable to me. I know it happens in other markets but does it happen to this degree when WE ARE COMPETING FOR FIRST OVERALL?? Maybe in new york or boston but I don't deem them championship worthy either.

I think money comes from tickets sold to people who pay to see a game, with no promise of anything more. It comes from people who pay too much for beer at the game because they want to drink. And some of it comes from the swag people choose to buy. Your choice is to buy or not. That's it.

You don't like the team, stop watching. Stop buying the stuff. That is your choice, but choosing to buy a shirt doesn't entitle you to anything more than a shirt with a great logo on it.

Just trying to see what people think here about this. I personally am a HUGE Canucks fan but live in Toronto and I only get to go to the games in TO. I get to see how horrible the Leafs fans are for example 2 years ago Giguerre was in net having a great game and in the 3rd period he lets in a weak goal from Raymond. The very next time Giguerre touches the puck he gets the bronx cheer. I think of it this way fans have the choice to support their team chanting "go leafs go" (or Canucks in my case) or they can turn their backs on the team.

For the past 2 years all I see is Vancouver fans trying to run Luongo out of this city. Booing him every chance they get. Schneider is in net and fans want to still blame Lu for goals that go in on Cory. Here we are just TWO GAMES till the playoffs and you treat your players this way against Anaheim. Who cares what happened last night in the game, who cares how many goals they scored, it certainly would have been an great show of faith to support Luongo at this time. We wouldnt have made it to the final last year without Luongo and we definitely wouldnt have made game 7 of the final. Remember folks Cory didnt win either. Are Canucks fans an 8-0 loss away from running him out of town?

My main point is the fans in Vancouver that I see that are basically without being rude just not fans of Vancouver. I'm sure its not all fans and not even close to it but there certainly are enough to make a huge impression. Here we are just TWO games and you knock your team like this. Is it the first place standing that bothers you all this much? Did we not win all 82 games so you are upset as fans? Is a player who brings us to game 7 of the final not good enough for you? Maybe Schneider and his 2 losses are better, maybe its not. Are you willing to jump ship and gamble and be back in a potential goalie graveyard again? Team Canada's goalie apparently not good enough? Fans feel the need to add another obstacle along the way by putting doubts in players minds.

Do Vancouver fans DESERVE a cup?

I am sure a lot of cities have huge public gatherings for championsip games. Just the stadiums themselves seat thousands among thousands. And how would I prove the policing situation? If a riot didn't erupt? Give me a break.

The cup isnt FOR the fans... Its for the players. They earn it by playing. How self-centered are you to think they do it for us? We're just along for the ride, to cheer. Although some of us, unfortunately spend too much time boo-ing even the tiniest of details when if they took a step back, would realize we have a top tier team that can duke it out with the best of them and come out on top. You cant be top of the West, or the league just by fluke. You HAVE to be doing something right in the long run. Luongo has been our backbone this season, and saved countless games where the D were sleeping, or we couldnt buy a goal to save our lives.

Whether we deserve the satisfaction of our team winning the cup or not...i don't know. But one thing i know for sure is that if they did win it, it sure would shut a lot of people up in this city and in the media, especially about Roberto. Either that or it would spoil these clueless fans even more. That being said, the team sure as hell deserves it and i hope they win it.

Yes, Vancouver fans deserve the Cup.

No, not the fair-weather fans we see daily after a game, or the ones you know in real life that jump onto the play-off bandwagon; the actual fans that enjoy seeing this team succeed, and when they don't, they don't find blame on the hated player of the month, they just move on with it or simply discuss it thoughtfully.

Those who have watched the Canucks during their entire tenure deserve to see the Canucks raise the Cup. Even those who just watch passionately, and support the team throughout it's struggle deserve the Cup. Just because some hooligans at the game yesterday jeered at Luongo, doesn't mean that they're indicative of the whole fan-base. The fair weather fans speak much louder than the die-hards. It's usually because they don't need to constantly whine all the time.

While there are many duds out there in this fan base, don't forget the die-hards out there who breath and live Canucks day by day.

Most people will think after what I'm about to say that I'm not a true fan at all but that's fine because there are a lot of ignorant and unrealistic people out there.

I enjoy watching the Canucks but it's entertainment! All this do we don't we deserve the cup as a city, fan, country etc is a load of BS!! The players want to win it for themselves because they can say they are the champs, they competed at the highest level and won the prize. Do players give a rats ass about winning it for the fans...probabaly not! They are happy that you come pay their salaries in order for them to have a reason to play a sport they love to compete in for a trophy.

Just because you support the Canucks, go to their games, buy their jerseys and everything, doesn't mean you deserve anything. Great, you bought a jersey, now that means you are entitled to your team winning it all!! I strictly see it as pure entertainment and I have been watching the Nucks for a long time. If they win, great, if Lu lets in 5 goals in a period I'm not booing him, stuff happens, it's sport and whether they win or lose the atmosphere in Rogers arena is still a great time and worth the money! So called huge fans, "I'm a huge fan, so I deserve a cup." I'm what you call a huge fan too but I don't think the team deserves the cup until they win it. As fans we don't deserve the cup for watching, we should just appreciate being entertained and watching a team go after what they feel they deserve. Whether the team deserves it or not will be determined by whether they get it done.

But honestly, it won't affect my summer whatsoever. It'll be fun hanging out with friends, going to the pub, chillin out at your buddies man room or whatever, but once it's done, life goes on.

Archived