The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Vancouver Fans Deserve The Cup?

Canucks44219

Save the sexism. Make your opinion stand on its own.

And how do you figure he can't get fired (bought out)? Or benched? Underperforming players are made to disappear all the time.

Plus there's the problem with the fact that its not just him to consider. According to TSN, Schnieder took "exception" to Lou's latest booing and his being cheered because he knew it wasn't fair. Can't think this kind of shortsightedness is helping us attract and keep great players when all we can offer is temperamental fans who only support you when you need it the least.

There are always going to be idiots too.

Most of the Canucks fans I know are relatively levelheaded.

But at the same time, there will be idiots in every market. You live in a Canucks saturated market, where most of the people are Canucks fans. If you go to another market it will be the same.

Let me ask you this. If Canucks fans are generally (for brevity's sake we'll use the term 'bad') bad, what makes them bad? Once they realize they're Canucks fans they instantly become bad? Bad fans naturally flock to the Canucks? The Pacific Northwest is just full of bad people and the Canucks happen to be their team? The media turns them into bad fans? (That one may actually have a bit of merit).

I don't think any of those are really valid ideas.

Bought out isn't fired, in fact it would be awesome financially.

You seem to be very confused about many things. I am not in favour of booing, but if people want to voice their displeasure then that is their right. Maybe you should ask the Canucks to add "no booing" to the disclaimer on tickets.

So far, nobody has left. If anyone seriously won't play in Vancouver because they are afraid of a boo, then we do not want them.

No but Canuck fans are certainly getting spoiled over the past couple years. Most fans, at least I think, would be pumped to be in our shoes, yet its all about controversy and critisism in my area. 1st in the league people!! To those ppl I say "you don't deserve to cheer for a cup team!"

Maybe you think getting paid to go away is a good thing, but players who devote their lives to playing might disagree. Especially since players who had their contracts bought out are rarely seen playing again.

You're right, people do have the right to voice their displeasure and boo if they want to. But that's the right of free speech people should have everywhere, not a special right regarding the specific people on this team that they somehow "earned" because the bought some game tickets or a t-shirt. And just as they have their right to voice their displeasure, I have the right to voice my opinion that it's stupid, shortsighted and overall bad for the team to boo our players, especially when one player is being booed and blamed for the failures of the entire team.

You continue to toss out such random desperate garbage. If a player gets bought out and is still good enough to play, he will get signed. If he isn't, he can go play hockey professionally in several different leagues. Safe to say you vote NDP?

I am booing your posts right now. Boooo. I hope you are ok.

Wow. Seriously, you had the nerve to question my age when you continue to resort to dismissive name calling and other types of insults? (And you want to talk about random? You're the one bringing up politics!) And now "booing" my post instead of responding to it intelligently? If that's your response to a difference of opinion it's not me being ok I'm worried about.

Do the fans deserve a cup?

Fans pay money, and the product we expect is the cup.

If fans are complaining, that means they don't like the product they see. That's not the fans fault, it's the team and management's fault. They are trying to sell their games.

You've pretty much summed up why Canucks fans suck - a delusional, misinformed sense of entitlement.

If the team is a product, then you are nothing more than a consumer. Only a moron chooses to buy a product over and over, year after year, continually whining about it, but never choosing to change.

Simple solution: Don't like it, don't "buy" it.

But that's the problem with your analogy - this team is good. In fact, if it was a product, it would be one of the best in the store (NHL), and you would be the guy complaining that it's not good enough.

Enjoy what you "pay" for, or shut the f**k up, go find a new team, and leave the rest of us to actually appreciate the luxury of having a competitive and entertaining hockey team.

Instead of starting a another new thread on this, I thought I'd post here.

This whole thing about the Canucks, and maybe more so their fans, being hated around the league got me thinking. CDC is the most active online community in the NHL. No other teams' forums even come close. I'm proud of this. The passion of our fan base is incredible.

But sometimes, a byproduct of this passion are CDC'rs who feel they need to defend our teams honour by heading on over other teams boards to start talking trash. I thought it got a little out of control during the playoffs last year. That stuff, while it can be fun, gives the wrong impression of our overall fan base.

This year, in the words of the immortal George Costanza, let's do the complete opposite of everything we've ever done. Let's stay classy and keep things civil throughout the playoffs, both on CDC and other teams boards. Let's show them why real Canuck fans deserve the cup!!

Go Canucks Go!

Do Vancouver fans deserve the cup?

The oldest player is Sami Salo and he was born in 74,playing his first season in Vancouver in 2002.

Some fans were Vancouver fans from the beginning or near the beginning of the franchise in 1970.

Some Canuck fans have watched and waited decades.

Some fans want to see a cup win ,dreamt about it for decades upon decades.

Do all fans deserve it? Sure.If you are a fan you want it and you deserve it.

Tampa fans or fans in Carolina.Did they deserve it?

There is no set of rules for those that 'deserve' the cup.

'

Those that are fans will enjoy it and they will have 'deserved' it.Sure.

Archived