The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Vancouver Fans Deserve The Cup?

Canucks44219

Yah, neither do I. Lot of drunk people though...who love their team and got disappointed. You'd think a few could get something going if they really wanted...

How many riot starting pukes did we have anyway?? I heard that one guy who got two years. Lot of Canuck jerseys in there though. *sigh*

After reading up on it a little, Calgary's Red Mile was HEAVILY enforced by police. They even had a helicopter to keep things orderly.

Edmonton's celebrations during their cup run ( the "blue mile/copper kilometre") were extremely violent, causing police to clamp down on security.

Vancouver also had triple the amount of people in the Red Mile on the day of the riots. And the vast majority of them left when they saw the riot starting.

There were a lot of Canucks jerseys there. But that's what happens when you have a lot of drunk people downtown with a pack mentality and a riot starting. I'm not justifying what they did, but I hate how we get labelled as the bad fanbase because of a few assholes.

People seem to forget about the people who cleaned up the day afterwards too, more people than participated in the riot.

Wow, you really like hockey don't you? That would make you pretty young as you've obviously got your priorities mixed up. Lou love all you want. the bottom line is he is paid 5.6 mil a year to do a job. If he dosn't do it, he should be critisized. It's what happens in the REAL WORLD.

Well, bless your heart for saying my recent 37th birthday makes me "pretty young."

But get a grip if you think anyone who doesn't agree with whatever tumbles out of your mouth or keyboard means they don't know hockey as well as you do.

I'm wondering though, where do you work? Because if you think it's normal to be boo'ed at work whenever you make a mistake it must be a serious sh*t hole. You should file a complaint, because here in the REAL world that would be considered a hostile work environment and there are laws against that.

Do Vancouver fans deserve the cup?

The oldest player is Sami Salo and he was born in 74,playing his first season in Vancouver in 2002.

Some fans were Vancouver fans from the beginning or near the beginning of the franchise in 1970.

Some Canuck fans have watched and waited decades.

Some fans want to see a cup win ,dreamt about it for decades upon decades.

Do all fans deserve it? Sure.If you are a fan you want it and you deserve it.

Tampa fans or fans in Carolina.Did they deserve it?

There is no set of rules for those that 'deserve' the cup.

'

Those that are fans will enjoy it and they will have 'deserved' it.Sure.

It kinda seems like you are justifying it. Pack mentality, police, layout, blah blah blah. The Canuck fanbase has a lot of idiots. I am finding it increasingly difficult to get away from these idiots on a daily basis. All while, I am thinking...."if you only knew how good you have it."

Come on princess, we all know that different jobs come with different forms of criticism. The players certainly know it.

It would be great to be booed knowing that you couldn't ever get fired and that your contract was guaranteed no matter how awful you perform.

true fans "deserve" the cup, we all desperately want the Canucks to win it, because they're the team we cheer for. A Stanley Cup winning city doesn't "deserve" anything, true fans that never jump off the bandwagon and beat the drum of their team as loud as they can (while not being obnoxious) "deserve" to see their deserving team win it all. The players deserve it, true fans just want them to have it

Definitely no point in rubbing it into someones face. I watch most the games too and I live in England atm, but I will be home for 2nd round baby!!! and I just ordered a vintage hat that will be waiting for me at my parents house when I get back!! hahaha But I guess everybody perceives what they deserve out of being a fan in a different way. I feel that the fact that I'm watching most the games during the year from England and staying up till 3am waiting for puck drop still doesn't mean that I deserve the cup. I just view it as a team a really like watching, makes me feel like I'm still connected to home in a way when I'm gone. I do respect your opinion though because I have many friends that hold a similar view as yourself when it comes to what they deserve from being a Canucks fan.

This team and every player on it deserves to win the Cup. They've put in the effort over the years, they put their bodies on the line and they just need one outstanding performance to get them there.

This team's "fans"? No, not really. Some of em deserve a part of the glory, some deserve to share in the happiness and celebration, but not all. The fair-weather fans who jump on and off the bandwagon, the ones who kick the team when it's down, the ones who have an undeserved sense of self-entitlement standing on their soapboxes preaching to the world about how they deserve more from this team... no, they deserve no part in this team's success. Oh, you pay for your tickets, and you pay for your jerseys, and you pay for banners and mugs and flags, you must deserve a good performance! NO! Absolutely not! You deserve a night of entertainment put on by two teams competing! You deserve the memorabilia you paid for and do with it as you please! If you buy UFC tickets to see Georges St. Pierre fight and he loses, you do not get your money back! Quit your crying that "I paid to see a good on-ice product and they didn't deliver." No. You did not pay for the on-ice product. You paid for a seat in an arena with 18,000+ other people! You rented a seat for a few hours and you get to watch a show! Don't like it? Watch from home, it's free! Enough with your entitled self-important crap! You people, and you know who you are, find crap to piss and moan about during a 7 game win streak. Get over yourselves.

If a fan cannot support the team when it's down and needs the support most, they deserve no part of the team's success when it is at it's best.

Jeesus....

Archived