The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Western Conference Clinched....if We Win Tonight!?

Understand

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nav-stn-conf

Tie-Breaking procedure

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

• The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

• The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

• The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

• The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Now am I looking at this wrong, or does vancouver(9 OT losses) have LESS over time losses than St.Luis (11 OT Losses). The Canucks have 50 wins, while St.Luis has 48 wins.

Vancouver can clinch with 1 win, even if St.Luis wins both remaining games, the 2 teams would be tied(111 Points), and Vancouver with more wins(51), Blues would only have 50 wins. This is assuming the Canucks can win one of there last 2 games.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nav-stn-conf

Tie-Breaking procedure

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

• The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

• The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

• The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

• The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Now am I looking at this wrong, or does vancouver(9 OT losses) have LESS over time losses than St.Luis (11 OT Losses). The Canucks have 50 wins, while St.Luis has 48 wins.

Vancouver can clinch with 1 win, even if St.Luis wins both remaining games, the 2 teams would be tied(111 Points), and Vancouver with more wins(51), Blues would only have 50 wins. This is assuming the Canucks can win one of there last 2 games.

Home ice is decided via the League standing so highest points followed by the tie-breakers. For example as it stands right now if Van met the Rangers (both 1st seeds), New York would have home-ice (NY has more ROW). Where as if Nashville (5th in west) and Boston (2nd in east) met Nashville would have home-ice because they have more points.

What really frustrates me is when the Canucks have the oppotunity to win they blow it just like last year with the stanley cup, how can they win a Stanley cup when they cant finish on the power play. Dont they get it, sadest game of the year for me. Its playoff time boys and it started yesterday not next week

Archived