The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

Absolutely sad. I watched the game tonight between the Yotes and the Hawks and boy oh boy, did I just find the Raffi just about 10 months ago in the Blue and Green Jersey. He was skating hard, hitting the opponents and generating chances and most importantly scoring points. I respect GMMG in a lot of decisions he has made, but letting Raffi go for only 1.75 mil is a freaking mistake.

We talked about the grit? the sand paper and hard to play against? Raffi was a HUGE piece of last year's run and I can't see his replacement in the current Roster. Kasisan is too raw and too young and Bitz doesn't have the skill. Imagine we had Raffi last night, Kings won't be able to run all over us for the freaking entire 45 minutes. Sigh... Gilllis, he is only human.

Torres was exceptionally fast. Geez, U have No Memory. He was a former 5th overall pick in the draft. Slow guys without talent don't get picked 5th overall. Rumours in Edmonton said he was a head case, maybe Grant Fuhr disease. But the boy was an awsome physical talent.

No denying he is fast but he spends more time on the ice than a zamboni ! lol even Mayray is jealous ! Spending many years in Alberta you get to hear them hate on their own teams, oh and believe me they do lol. Some of my deluded dieheard Oilers buddies were constantly hounding him for his complete mental lapses of judgement. i heard it from many other fansas well. i cant deny his epic haert for the game but i was never a fan.

Nucks 4 life !

Ur memory aint great at all. Torres, as noted was a bit of a head case; but knock him off his feet? What planet are you on... Need more goals from the 4th? The year the Oilers went to the finals, Raffi was a 27 goal scorer & a physical beast. Its why we picked him up, to resurrect his career. NOBODY on our 4th can carry his bags as a player. Kassian is a long way from scoring 27 goals.

Higgins work rate endears him to everybody, but it was Torres's size & speed that broke all physical match ups alongside speedy Hansen & 220 lb Malhotra on our shutdown 3rd last year. LAST YEAR, and you claim to have a memory when you say Torres was knocked off his feet more than Raymond?

:picard:

My memory is fine bro, he is 4th line at best and we have many better for the job. We need scoring not garbage style Boston play !

At the beginning of the year, amongst moves like letting Torres go, MG was quoted as saying we would not deviate from our game of speed, talent & punishing people on the power play. "It took us to 1 game from winning the finals," and we should not rebuild our identity "based on one match up (Boston)." 2/3rds of the way through the year, clearly AV had been able to convince him that we did not have the same physical ability to compete, even as last year.

Considering Manny is out of form with the lingering effects of his injury; tell me Torres / Hodgson / Hansen would not have been a beast line? Hansen to steal the puck, CoHo to dominate puck control, Torres to knock people out and score goals. I've already commented, if we did not give up Torres, we would have had no dire need to get a guy like Kassian.

More people should remember Torres/Hansen/Manny coming out blazing in games one against Chicago AND Boston hitting everyone in sight! Scoring the game winner in game 2 late against Boston. Where was that intensity and onslaught in game 1 against LA?

OK, Bitz threw a misguided hit from behind. Kassian has ONE chance this year to to tell this market he is the physical beast we need; its game 2 & 3 while Bitz is suspended.

Kass has also been such a dissapointment to date, as much as most want us to cheer him blindly.

It can be said that the disappearance of Torres is one reason why the Canucks is actually less prepared this year than last year.

At the beginning of the year, amongst moves like letting Torres go, MG was quoted as saying we would not deviate from our game of speed, talent & punishing people on the power play. "It took us to 1 game from winning the finals," and we should not rebuild our identity "based on one match up (Boston)." 2/3rds of the way through the year, clearly AV had been able to convince him that we did not have the same physical ability to compete, even as last year.

Considering Manny is out of form with the lingering effects of his injury; tell me Torres / Hodgson / Hansen would not have been a beast line? Hansen to steal the puck, CoHo to dominate puck control, Torres to knock people out and score goals. I've already commented, if we did not give up Torres, we would have had no dire need to get a guy like Kassian.

It was made because we did not put up anywhere near the physical fight that we did in all game 1's last year. Last year EVERY opponent knew we were going to come out hitting & punish them. Richards knocking Burrows around was typical of LA dominating us physically yesterday.

We need to put the fight in the dog for game 2. Torres embodied this!

Was this thread made because he scored?

We had Lapierre last year, so he isn't a replacement. Its funny how you guys think a player that was playing on our roster last year, replaces another piece. Its like the people who think that Ehrhoff isn't a huge loss because we have Edler to replace him. I guess we don't need D. Sedin, because we have H. Sedin to replace him.

IF we had Raffi out last night, Richards would've been taken out of the game by one of Raffi's huge hits. The guy was a freaking monster when he was hitting last year. A big hit by Raffi on Richards would've made Richards a bit softer on the hits.

Actually we lost the cup because of "garbage style Boston play" not fancy deking and figure skating that Raymond tries to do every time he is on the ice. IF you want to win a cup in this life time, you need a bunch of hard nosed, SOB, take no prisoners kind of players not butterflies. Torres would be a 3rd liner here, if we had him. Heck, with the way our team has been playing, he would be on the 2nd line. I guess you are fine with cute passing plays that get intercepted and go to nowhere. Did you see what Richards did in the first game? You need to watch more hockey.

Archived