Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

[Official] Luongo Or Scheider In Game 3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
134 replies to this topic

Poll: [Official] Luongo Or Scheider In Game 3?

Luongo or Schneider in Game 3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Luongo has officially s*** the bed allowing 7 goals in the first two games at home this season. I don't know if Luongo thinks this is Boston or not but I would be shocked if Schneider does not start Game 3.

Edited by Kassian Bashian, 13 April 2012 - 10:37 PM.

nN5BCfs.jpg

#2 Frank Caprice

Frank Caprice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

This post is idiotic. Roberto is the ONLY Canuck that has showed up for this series.

#3 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

if nothing else, schneids needs to play for a change in momentum, and hes really good in pressure filled road games...

Edited by sam13371337, 13 April 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Fire MG

#4 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

This post is idiotic. Roberto is the ONLY Canuck that has showed up for this series.

This game he made some nice saves but the goals that he lets in are horrible and belly floppish.

nN5BCfs.jpg

#5 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Roberto has played well, but i think starting Schneider is warranted in order to wake up this team (if we lose tonight)

It's a risky/gutsy move and thats what the playoffs are all about. We need a momentum changer.

I hate typing such negative stuff when there's still 2 minutes left and we're on the power play.. what has CDC done to me

#6 louielouie1

louielouie1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

You don't know what you're talking about. He's let in maybe 1 or 2 bad goal out of two games.

As the above post says, Schneider needs in for a momentum change. Could have been way more goals in the third tonight.

Posted Image

#7 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

The team needs a shake up!! That 4th goal Lu had plenty of time to get up and he layed there looking at the ref for what!? A penalty??? I'm a huge Lu supporter but wtf was that crap??? I'm so mad, if Schneider doesn't start I'm going to lose it!

#8 E-ROD

E-ROD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Oh Roberto, the scapegoat. Never mind the massacre that was game 1, if anything they should call up the wolves defense- maybe that's the wake up call we need....

#9 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,305 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Luongo - stop being morons.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

#10 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Put Schnieder in just to shake things up a bit.

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#11 Frank Caprice

Frank Caprice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

This game he made some nice saves but the goals that he lets in are horrible and belly floppish.

Oh you mean like when he had Bieksa, Ballard and Manny falling all over him? Or maybe when Edler handed the puck to Kopitar on LA's first goal. Or possibly when Hamhuis forgot which team he played for and gave Dustin Brown a breakaway.

Our defense was atrocious tonight. Bush-league. 100% bush league.

And now you want to take our best player out of the lineup. Maybe we should sit Hank too and put Aaron Volpatti in the lineup too?

#12 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Scoring two goals isn't enough. It's not fair to Luongo that we only expect him to let in one goal every night. The best goalies in the league average about 2 goals a game.

<---------- I Found Wellwood!!!

14diqh3.jpg
^Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig^

43BrJdy.png

#13 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

i cant blame lu but go with schneids for the sake of change just like boudreu suggested.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#14 RC_22

RC_22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Luongo should start
not his fault if the guys in front of him have no heart

#15 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I can't even believe you'd say Luongo shat the bed.. He's the one who has been keeping the Canucks in it. Too bad that the Canucks weren't able to score. These scores would be much out of range if not for his play. Defense and offense combined has been atrocious.

The only logical reason I can comprehend Schneider being in for next game is for a shake up. We've all seen the Canucks play better in front of Schneids (maybe since they don't want to rely on him as much), and maybe it'll give the whole Canucks squad a real wake up call.

#16 Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

You don't know frack all and if anything Luongo is the ONLY CANUCK that deserves a slot in the lineup for game 3

Another goalie blew a 2 goal lead tonight and had 7 pumped past him

#17 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,921 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Scoring two goals isn't enough. It's not fair to Luongo that we only expect him to let in one goal every night. The best goalies in the league average about 2 goals a game.

Quick can do it so can he.

nN5BCfs.jpg

#18 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Christ, can you Luongo haters stop?

Our team blew it. Stop looking to blame 1 man.

IT IS NOT A QUICK FIX.

Luongo has been our best Canuck. But going with Schneider might not be a bad idea. Wake this god damn team up.

Edited by Newsflash, 13 April 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#19 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

I don't trust Luongo on the road. I'd start Schneider. And to ppl saying Luongo is the only one that has shown up, he has been decent but not outstanding. It just says how much other players have sucked overall.

#20 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Schneider for a wake up call for the rest of the team. Hopefully they will tidy up defensively with Schneider in net.

#21 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Luongo has officially s*** the bed allowing 7 goals in the first to games at home this season. I don't know if Luongo thinks this is Boston or not but I would be shocked in Schneider did not start Game 3.

I hope you break all of your fingers and no one lets you have a straw to blow into to type with. Pretty pathetic that the Schneider option is winning too. Moron "fans" this team has.

#22 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

It has to be Schneider,doesn't it?

2lnqqu.jpg

#23 nuckswin

nuckswin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

It should be schneids. I agree Luongo is the only one keeping us in the game (although as a superstar goalie I'd expect him to bail us out, e.g. the brown breakaway), so that decision has nothing to do with him. But if anything, shake the team up by starting schneids. The way we are playing we could be out in 5 or 6, so give him a chance at least.

Edited by nuckswin, 13 April 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#24 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

It's not fair to sit Luongo coz he's the only player that played a full 60mins in each game so far, but start Schneider in game 3, win or lose go back to luongo in game 4... if that doesn't wake the team up.. we don't deserve to be in the playoff anyways.

#25 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Lu has been our best player by far. But we need something to wake this team up, that'd be the only reason to put Schneids in.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#26 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Schneider. It's not Lu, but we need something different.

#27 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Everyone knows Schneider will get the call for Game 3. Our fate now rests in the hands of a man who isn't in the cards for next season. That situation seems flawed in itself.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#28 stuffradio

stuffradio

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I voted Schneids. Not because Luongo was horrible, but because momentum needs to change.

#29 nuwen

nuwen

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

He may have let 7 goals in, but who are the players that left him in these situations? Who are the ones that take the stupid penalties? Who are the D men that don't take their man? Who is the idiot that expects luongo to make 5 saves in the span of 3 seconds?

You must be new to hockey.

Also, I vote schneids, not because of Luongos performance, but because of the team infront of hims performance.

Edited by nuwen, 13 April 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#30 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Quick can do it so can he.

I am saying we can't expect Luongo to let in just one goal a night. You're saying Quick can do it.

Quick let in two goals in both games. Quick can't do it either.

Even world class goalies still average about 2 goals a game. Having a GAA of around one for an entire series is hard.

We need to score more than 2 goals. Yes it would help if Luongo could allow less than 4 but it isn't all on him.

<---------- I Found Wellwood!!!

14diqh3.jpg
^Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig^

43BrJdy.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.