The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I've Just Watched The Whole Game Again.

Bodee

I'm certain that the Canucks are thinking a lot of the same things right now, and working on ways to fix these mistakes and tighten their game up. I really think we'll see them do much better in LA, wouldn't be the first time this year that they did poorly on home ice and then turned up the heat when on the road. Best road team of the season. :)

Not to mention that we have been really against the wall a lot of times this year and never given up. The Canucks are all veteran players, they have the capacity to come into a game and grind it out and be patient, they just need to find that again. That might be what it takes to win this series.

I guess we'll see, tomorrow.

Go Canucks Go!

some adjustments I think we need to make for game 3

we need to replace lapierre with a bigger body for line 1, lapierre and burrows both play a similar role as more of a fast pass/support player, maybe higgins or booth to give it some size and scoring touch, would also help henrik a lot he is looking lost out there without a person to take the puck to the net or cycle with him

schneider needs to replace luongo, i think collectively we feel that luongo has played well enough that he isn't to blame for losing these two games. however, quick has still outplayed luongo both times and we really need somebody to steal the game for us and I think schnieder gives us the best chance in that regard.

i am confident we will win game 3, GO CANUCKS GO!!

We all know the problem is six more periods and it is over.

Real tough to have the breaks go your way for four more games.

Interesting to see what the boys are made of facing such adversity.

What did I see the second time?

1 We had more than enough play and chances to win the game.

2 Our physicality more than matched LA.

3 We need to concentrate on parking a man in front of the net..........at both ends.

4 Edler and Luongo were neither weak nor to blame for the defeat.

5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. We are faced in Quick, with a net minder who is trying to do a Tim Thomas on us. He is taking the piss with the distance he is venturing out of his goal area. We must find an angle by giving the shooter a lateral option instead of the low percentage shot. I think we should use Kassian more to stand in front of Quick. This would be an ideal way of using his size and his attitude.

6 It's good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best.

7 Kesler looks as if he is about ready to light up.

8 There are players in our team who look ready to break out. They are playing well but getting little reward. Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Pahlsson, Burrows, Sedin and to a lesser extent Higgins, Booth and Ebbett. Kassian needs a set role (like Volpatti) Use him to screen, and throw his weight about in front of Quick. This team isn't Boston and although they are physical they are NOT intimidating.

9 We need to guard against leaving the back door open against this team. As far as I can see that is their only real weapon, the counter attack. Deny them that and I think we will rip them a new one. On the same theme, when we are all over them, we are getting ourselves out of position in our determination to score and losing concentration. More control and adhesion in our system is required.

Lastly if I was LA I wouldn't feel too cocky. There were signs there that given a break or two we will be a hot handful in LA. Personally I can't wait for it. Get our PP sorted (at least so it doesn't leave us vulnerable to counterattack) and we will start to roll.

OP you forgot to mention the terrible passes that plagued us all game, being out of position, falling down and not just Raymond, and lack of intensity until the final minute of the game. If they don't play with as sense of urgency and play as a unit, we're going out in 4. We haven't played as a unit since the Detroit game. I'm not betting on them suddenly finding it.

watching the game at the rog last night, i noticed a lot of the same things. especially players like kes, hansen (and yes, even raymond to some extent) looking like they were finding their playoff legs and ready to take off at any moment. the boys look ready to take it up a notch to playoff intensity, they've just got to execute (especially on the PP ... )

also having ballard back in the lineup was a big plus IMO, and he should provide a huge boost once he shakes the cobwebs off his game that are the effects of being out for so long.

a couple bounces our way in LaLa Land and this series is right back up for grabs, the canucks are not too far off ... they can get it done

I agree, esspecially towards the end. If they had played all game like they started to do in the third we would propably have a 1-1 series and I think the players know that.

Just sit and down and figure out where everyone should be in the ice, in their lines, reducing the turn-overs and bump-ins. To people who think 0-2 is bad because of the dissapointment last year, GET OFF THE FORUMS, your negeative energy is why people think all Van fans can do is complain and start riots. Like the so called "slump" we had this season, which was really just a losing a couple games.

What did I see the second time?

1 We had more than enough play and chances to win the game.

2 Our physicality more than matched LA.

3 We need to concentrate on parking a man in front of the net..........at both ends.

4 Edler and Luongo were neither weak nor to blame for the defeat.

5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. We are faced in Quick, with a net minder who is trying to do a Tim Thomas on us. He is taking the piss with the distance he is venturing out of his goal area. We must find an angle by giving the shooter a lateral option instead of the low percentage shot. I think we should use Kassian more to stand in front of Quick. This would be an ideal way of using his size and his attitude.

6 It's good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best.

7 Kesler looks as if he is about ready to light up.

8 There are players in our team who look ready to break out. They are playing well but getting little reward. Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Pahlsson, Burrows, Sedin and to a lesser extent Higgins, Booth and Ebbett. Kassian needs a set role (like Volpatti) Use him to screen, and throw his weight about in front of Quick. This team isn't Boston and although they are physical they are NOT intimidating.

9 We need to guard against leaving the back door open against this team. As far as I can see that is their only real weapon, the counter attack. Deny them that and I think we will rip them a new one. On the same theme, when we are all over them, we are getting ourselves out of position in our determination to score and losing concentration. More control and adhesion in our system is required.

Lastly if I was LA I wouldn't feel too cocky. There were signs there that given a break or two we will be a hot handful in LA. Personally I can't wait for it. Get our PP sorted (at least so it doesn't leave us vulnerable to counterattack) and we will start to roll.

I was at the game buddy, the Canucks were terrible.

Sure, we may have been "better," whatever that means, but we still suck. The Kings are terrible too, they get the stupidest goals. They aren't good, we just suck. We beat ourselves, they don't beat us.

I don't understand how anyone could think we played "well" last night, we played even worse than in Game 1. We played terribly, everoyne in the building was shocked at how we had 45 shots. We played terribly, deserved to lose.

How come the canucks keep insisting on dumping the puck on each power play.

1. They are not fast enough to go and recover the puck

2. LA players already know what is coming so they stay inside their zone and wait till a canucks sends the puck in.

I always wondered about this play. It never works, unless the other team is changing the penalty killers.

I was at the game buddy, the Canucks were terrible.

Sure, we may have been "better," whatever that means, but we still suck. The Kings are terrible too, they get the stupidest goals. They aren't good, we just suck. We beat ourselves, they don't beat us.

I don't understand how anyone could think we played "well" last night, we played even worse than in Game 1. We played terribly, everoyne in the building was shocked at how we had 45 shots. We played terribly, deserved to lose.

OP you forgot to mention the terrible passes that plagued us all game, being out of position, falling down and not just Raymond, and lack of intensity until the final minute of the game. If they don't play with as sense of urgency and play as a unit, we're going out in 4. We haven't played as a unit since the Detroit game. I'm not betting on them suddenly finding it.

Can't see the crap that went on outside of your television.

Are you sure we were good? Are you really really sure?

You obviously didn't see the stupid positioning of everyone then. The team was clumped together for 90% of the game. Defenseman only had 1 option, and that option was taken away. The team looked lost out there, they don't know how to counter the King's forecheck either.

That's the point though. There was plenty of intensity in the first period............I was breathless with their effort. It reminded me in some ways of some of the Boston games. Great play great tempo, no return and then fall to a couple of goals against the run of play.

Do you play sport? do you realise how disheartening that is? And yet the Canucks kept rallying and that was part of what gave me hope. The other thing was most of the things that went against us were self inflicted and sortable.

One improvement is to get some greasy ones on Quick. He's able to get set on those outside shots. LA's D seems to be getting in the lane to block the shots...rather than holding off and looking for the perfect pass...bang some shots off the end boards and get the rebounds.

Archived