The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Situation And How It Will Play Out (In My Opinion)

TwinTelepathy

So here we are....the President's trophy winners on the brink of elimination not even a week after the playoffs even started. I predicted before the series that the canucks would pull this series off in 7 and I STILL do (even though I didnt know this particular situation was bound to happen..). Look guys, I believe that if the Blackhawks can force a game seven like they did last year, the Canucks most definitely can force a game seven and win the series at home. This is the team that went to the cup final a year ago and have been through an even more tiresome series (with chicago) and it looks like they are now in a similar situation. This is the canucks style of play. They are pressure players. The kings were VERY lucky to win tonight and if the canucks can bring their "A" game like they did tonight, they WILL get the bounces and the victories.

I think the nucks will pull a Philly and heres what I think will happen:

Game 4: The canucks will play the same type of game they did tonight and beat the Kings next game.

Game 5:

The series will come back to Vancouver and I think Daniel WILL be back in the lineup as there is a 4-day break in between Games 4 and 5, the canucks will win with their regular lines and Henrik and Burrows finally find their game.

In game 6 we come back to LA and we play our hearts out (once again) and Force a game 7.

In game 7, we win the series with the support of our fans with our original, championship calibur lineup.

Note* After the Flyers came back against the Bruins from a 3-0 series deficit in Round One, they went on all the way to the final... I believe the Canucks can do the same and actually WIN the cup; something in which the flyers failed to do.

This scenario may seem unacheivable, but it ain't over till its over.

* P.S. We need someone to step up for Henrik. Brown's hit was not acceptable. Bertuzzi and Ottawa's tough guys answered for both Zetterberg and Alfredsson..... if Henrik keeps getting pushed around, MG has FAILED to achieve his "toughness" that he promised Canucks fans throughtout the season (which is why I was up for getting Chris Neil) and as Mike Babcock said: "if someone doesn't stick up for you (the refs), you have to do it yourself". Alain should be saying this to his team.

Believe.

I don't know how anyone can actually predict that we will win the series at this point. Don't get me wrong, we still have a chance, but in this situation "believing" is more like "crossing your fingers and hoping against all hope for a miracle". All we can do is hope for victory and a big confidence boost in Game 4. One game at a time.

I don't know how anyone can actually predict that we will win the series at this point. Don't get me wrong, we still have a chance, but in this situation "believing" is more like "crossing your fingers and hoping against all hope for a miracle".

I don't know how anyone can actually predict that we will win the series at this point. Don't get me wrong, we still have a chance, but in this situation "believing" is more like "crossing your fingers and hoping against all hope for a miracle". All we can do is hope for victory and a big confidence boost in Game 4. One game at a time.

Yup, sure.

I'm in.

These other lilly livers have no stomach for adversity. They call out the players, coaches, management, league officials, media....but they give up after losing some battles.

History is replete with occasions of wars that were won under worse circumstances.

I've learned that there is no higher power that will grant wishes like a genie. Canucks are done. Vancouver Canucks are the NHL equivalent to the Chicago Cubs..we aren't ever, EVER going to win it all. Much as I would like it if both would, it isn't going to happen. My prediction?

Canucks completely implode in game 4, losing 6-1. Mike Gillis will make no significant offseason moves and AV will still have a job.

I've learned that there is no higher power that will grant wishes like a genie. Canucks are done. Vancouver Canucks are the NHL equivalent to the Chicago Cubs..we aren't ever, EVER going to win it all. Much as I would like it if both would, it isn't going to happen. My prediction?

Canucks completely implode in game 4, losing 6-1. Mike Gillis will make no significant offseason moves and AV will still have a job.

La will not pass second round... The only reason they are up 3-0 is because of our inability to score...

We had troubles scoring in the Boston series last year and let's face it, the team had a really rough start then it got a little better and pulled some wins just to go into a slouch mode for the past couple if months. The kassian trade really did not help us at all and actually hurt our already low scoring core.

Archived