Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Do Or Die With Luu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
159 replies to this topic

#151 originalcanucksdude

originalcanucksdude

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Fact is we lost the Boston series because our team fell apart. And now we are losing to LA because we can't score. 11 goals in the last 10 playoff games will never get you far.

Unless Lu or Schneids start scoring our goals too we are gonna be hard pressed to win any games.
Last season was a stepping stone to where we want to go.

#embracethehate

#152 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

dumbasses Kypreos and McLean going on about buying out Luongo's contract... these guys get way too much airtime, particularly when it comes to talking about the Canucks, a team they repeatedly show very little insight into - aloof, smug coverage that isn't really for the fanbase - I love Sportsnet, but these guys aren't worth tuning in to.

#153 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

dumbasses Kypreos and McLean going on about buying out Luongo's contract... these guys get way too much airtime, particularly when it comes to talking about the Canucks, a team they repeatedly show very little insight into - aloof, smug coverage that isn't really for the fanbase - I love Sportsnet, but these guys aren't worth tuning in to.

You can almost hear the glee in McLean's voice, he can barely contain himself that he probably won't have to "deal" with Canuck games and Burrows etc..for the rest of the playoffs.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#154 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

That logic goes both ways, AV looks bad either way if the outcome is a lose.

Well, he's going with Schneider.

If we lose today, AV is going to have some serious explaining to do. But Daniel Sedin is ready to go, so I don't think it will be an issue who starts in net.

I still think it should have been Luongo, but I'm not gonna pout about it. I support whatever decision is made by AV and afterall, it is all about the team, not just one man.

As long as we win, I will not complain.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#155 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#156 dadsbaggedinbaghdad

dadsbaggedinbaghdad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Make that the ONLY two things...
Posted Image

#157 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Regardless of which goalie you cheer for...this decision in a lot of ways is a sad day for Vancouver fans. lou has given his all in and for Vancouver. I believe he is not overly surprised by AV;s choice in game 4, Lou is a bright guy and realizes how much better Cory's stats are. I think this is just the exclamation mark behind the way this season has gone. Where it goes from here will be a huge topic for discussion.
A lot of pressure on Schneids as he is now the guy to carry the torch. The team will ride him to the end of this series.

#158 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,521 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

I think this decision is the end of the Gillis era to date.

Gillis made the mistake of contract and captaincy and his inadequate abilities are now being highlighted with Luo's departure.

#159 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I think this decision is the end of the Gillis era to date.

Gillis made the mistake of contract and captaincy and his inadequate abilities are now being highlighted with Luo's departure.

Uh no. That is all

#160 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

After going with CS for game three, it would be tough to put Luongo back in for game four. Gotta ride it out now.

Time will tell if it's the right decision or the wrong one.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.