The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

BobbyLuoo

Not a fan of his contract. We are definitely seeing the reason Florida moved him. He's a nice enough guy with some decent skills.... his lack of chemistry with basically everyone on the team is concerning though. Maybe our system is just not a great fit for his style or something.

Take Booth and Raymond off the roster, and you can probably use that cap space for Parise who would be better fit with Kesler, IMO.

Its just that him and Kesler don't exactly play off of each other. There both the same kind. They both need to be split and put with a playmaker. Now think about it

You have the Sedins on the top line

Kesler with another set up man on another

and Booth with a good (maybe not great) passer on the third.

This could be effective

Skillwise, Booth is no worse than J. Toews. Hockey IQ wise, they are two worlds apart. The problem is, Booth only knows how to shoot. He can't play the team game. You know, you can flip the puck to the net and let Kesler do the dirty work. They never work as a team. The Booth, Kesler, Raymond line was dreadful. You had three guys who didn't know how to pass play with each other. Result: first round exit.

i think booth and hodgson is more dangerous than booth and kesler... next year booth should play with Hodgs-- oh yeah... gills traded the brightest prospect we had for a 4th liner...

In all honesty i rather have hodgson back over kesler. the more team players we have the better the team will be. kesler is NOT a team player.

Who DID Booth have chemistry with?

Samuelsson could play with Kesler on second line and Sedins on the first line.

Booth cant pass. He isnt really a good shooter. He cant play defence. He doesnt have good hockey IQ.

I would take Samuelsson over Booth any day.

For every negative point we can identify in Booth's game, and there are many, the thing that gets me is how obvious all of his flaws are. Either he doesn't care, or is too dumb to get it. Perhaps an off season will help him understand the X's and O's of what we're doing. But, as everyone says up thread, I'd rather cut bait.

For every negative point we can identify in Booth's game, and there are many, the thing that gets me is how obvious all of his flaws are. Either he doesn't care, or is too dumb to get it. Perhaps an off season will help him understand the X's and O's of what we're doing. But, as everyone says up thread, I'd rather cut bait.

Archived