Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

p0l3r

Elbow On Henrik Sedin.

48 posts in this topic

I havn't been online or on the forums for past few days. Was there a Shannahan video on the elbow henrik took from Dustin Brown? I think. Just wondering because I dont think he got a suspension.

Are you talking about the hit in Game 3?

If so, it was said by AV and Hank that they both felt it was a clean hit, which most people will say it in fact was.

Here's some video if you want to relive the moment though...

Grapes says it wasn't a clean hit - it was a cheap shot.

Henrik was being checked by another King and Brown came at him from behind - would have hit Henrik in the back if not for Henrik turning around at the last moment....

Brown was attempting to injure him - was trying to check/just hit him.

Are you talking about when Brown crushed Henrik and he had to leave the ice because he had the wind knocked out of him but then came back and played a monster shift?

It was a clean hit.

Do you mean Henrik's elbow on Brown?

I don't recall Brown ever elbowing Hank, though he did flatten him (clean hit).

Henrik was being checked by another King and Brown came at him from behind - would have hit Henrik in the back if not for Henrik turning around at the last moment....

It's hard to determine that. It looks more like he was coming at Hank's side. I agree that Hank was spared injury because he turned, a hit from the side would have been awkward as hell. A hit from behind would have been even worse.

hank.jpg

That still frame takes place while hank is in the process of turning. Had he not turned towards brown that would have been a check from behind. In no way Hank is able to protect himself.

I don't think there should have been any supplementary discipline, but I do think that Brown is lucky Hank turned into it and wasn't hurt.

Grapes says it wasn't a clean hit - it was a cheap shot.

Brown was attempting to injure him - was trying to check/just hit him.

... Are we all failing to remember Henrik's little cheapshot on Brown last night?

... Are we all failing to remember Henrik's little cheapshot on Brown last night?

Are you talking about the little smell my finger incident?

....Please

OH PLEASE. If this happened to one of the Cancuks you'd all be up in arms until next season.

Hard to tell if it's an elbow (most likely not), but the hit did come from Henrik's blind side, so there is room for argument.

The hit isn't much compared to some of the other crap that's happened across the league.

OH PLEASE. If this happened to one of the Cancuks you'd all be up in arms until next season.