The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[G D T - G M : 5] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Los Angeles Kings - 22.04.12

iCanucksLover

I really think this long break is going to benefit The Canucks more than the kings for sure. A bit of rest for the team, lots of time for the kings to think about how they got dominated in the last game and fear us and home ice advantage with the team being t home for the time off instead of in lala lands is going to lead to a win. Goooooooo!

Kes needs to start scoring soon. Unlike Game 4, LA will try to shut down the Sedins and thus, we need the 2nd and 3rd lines to pick it up scoring-wise (especially the 2nd line).

I'm a little worried about Kes though.. he is just so invisible out there most of the time.

Bieska and Edler still need to step it up. Edler is getting better but still having troubles in his own zone... Can't expect Hamhuis and the rest of the D to bail them out every time they make a mistake.

Hope PP will be as dangerous as game 4. It will be a key to our success.

Please come out of this building with a win!

Here is my prediction:

Canucks are going to come out flying with confidence at the start of the game, putting a lot of pressure on quick and heavily outshooting the Kings due to the fact that they are nervous and the comeback of Daniel is in their heads.

HOWEVER, it is crucial we get the first goal out of the buzz that we generate. IF the Kings manage to get the first greasy goal, they're going to re-gain their confidence and it will be tough for the Canucks to tie it up.

In any case, it will be very important for the Canucks to get that first goal within the first 5 minutes of the game. That will just totally demoralize the Kings and Quick will be shaky throughout the rest of the game and if we can manage to take advantage of that and pepper Quick to finish the game with 5 goals....It's going to be veryyy interesting.

This long break gives the LA kings time to go to the roxy :P

It gives Daniel time to practice

It gives the kings time to see what the pens have done forcing game 6

The kings will worry, Mark my words, They will worry about danny, They will worry about our PP

and they will worry that maybe the Canucks and PENS werent the favorites for the final for no reason.

Archived