The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Second Vancouver Hockey Team In The Nhl?

Strombone1

second hockey team  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like the Manchester Uniteds and the Manchester Citys or the LA Lakers and the LA Clippers out there... would you support a second Vancouver hockey team?

EDIT: in the NHL

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. Just feels like Vancouver can support two teams in the NHL and we might have better chances of bringing the damn cup home.

So now you want to limit it just to the NHL? If that's the case, then how could we all be Canucks?

Seriously though, I don't think the market could handle it. If a team moved here and it did poorly it would get no support at all. People would stay following their Canucks. Sure there are enough people in the area to fill an arena for an extra team, but are there enough corporate sponsors and such to make it work?

I think things are perfect in Vancouver (the whole Lower Mainland that is) for sports right now. For hockey you can choose from the NHL, AHL, WHL & BCHL. There's also the CFL, MLS, WLA and Single A baseball. Other than maybe the NLL, what more could you want?

Guest The Brown Burrows

You'd have to for awhile (15+ yrs)

Everything east of Surrey & Coquitlam is too small...

The would be in Surrey if we were to get one.

So now you want to limit it just to the NHL? If that's the case, then how could we all be Canucks?

Seriously though, I don't think the market could handle it. If a team moved here and it did poorly it would get no support at all. People would stay following their Canucks. Sure there are enough people in the area to fill an arena for an extra team, but are there enough corporate sponsors and such to make it work?

I think things are perfect in Vancouver (the whole Lower Mainland that is) for sports right now. For hockey you can choose from the NHL, AHL, WHL & BCHL. There's also the CFL, MLS, WLA and Single A baseball. Other than maybe the NLL, what more could you want?

Archived