Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#301 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

No doubt he is the Canucks best remaining prospect. Schroeder is not really producing that well in Chiacgo despite being given top minutes all year.

I think Jensen will be a good Nhler

i think theyve tried to mold schroeder into a two way forward

which is why his numbers may not look the greatest
Posted Image

#302 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I dont buy it. I just don't think he is that good. I'd be very surprised to see him make the club next year.

#303 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Cody wanted out of Vancouver and now luongo does too.

MG comparing us to Columbus.

What a joke our market is becoming.

Uhh..no he doesnt. Schneids just summed up everything. "we (lu and him) could be back next season playing together again, we are good friends".

#304 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Yes just fire AV and be done with it.

Nope, MG and AV BOTH have 1 more year in their contract...so ya. They won tbe leaving til next year, if they dont get their contract extended. Its not like we lost 6 years in a row in the first round...this is the first year weve done this bad...5 games...you fire a coach when the team is doing BAD in the reg.season, like how they fired Ducks coach, because they lost EVERY SINGLE GAME...Now THATS a bad season...just like MG said, you wouldnt fire a coach who has won 2 Presidents Trophy, and got the team into the SCF last year...

#305 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I think you're right and I also believe this is a standard approach with the Nucks coaching with AV dictating this. AV is a defence first coach and errs on the side of caution with all players. WHile that works with Phoenix and other less talented teams, with the talent the Nucks have, it's like owning Arabian stallions and hitching them to a plough!

Teams that are offensive threats, have players that specialize in scoring goals. They need to be decent defensively but in otder to be effective in teh offensive department, they have to take some risk. It is up to the other 4 players on the ice to cover.

AV likes percentages not risk. Those who take risk get benched.

Perhaps this explains the anemic offence generated by this group in the playoffs over the last 2 years. IN the playoffs defence tightens up...if you are focusing on defence first against teams that play that system all year, where are you going to generate scoring chances?

Defensive systems are effective if the players in them are a fit. THe Nucks have too much offensive talent to rely on such a system.

#306 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

You are believing everything Gillis is saying or implying. Gillis has an agenda here.

It's amazing how ole smoke and mirrors can pass the buck. Looks like the entire season is Coho's fault. It's amazing how the flock is eating it up too. Could he at least admit he made a mistake in evaluating his character when he drafted him? Wasn't that something he was going to focus on with our draft picks? But no, nothing is ever MG's fault. This complete disaster is the fault of a kid that's been gone for 2+ months.
What happened to our "class" organization? What a joke.

#307 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

POPULAR

MG's comments about Cody did nothing to clear things up. What I got from it was he was cowed into trading Cody before he should have because of AV whining to him about the Cody camp asking for more ice time (which he deserved).

Yes Cody's dad, a Conservative politician who hangs around the likes of Mike Harris and Stephen Harper, is obviously a d%#k who thought his son was entitled to be the star he pictured in his head. But Gillis could have told him to shutup and worked this Summer to make it happen instead of right before a playoff run where offense was badly needed.

MG jumped the gun when the first of the "chosen six" of the players he was willing to trade Cody for, became available. No reason to think that at least one of these six would be up for offer in the off season.

And another thing that smells in all this is AVs stubbornness to simply appease the Cody camp even slightly. Just release a little steam out of the pot and increase his minutes by 2 or 3. Not only would this have at least kept the Cody camp appeased until the Summer where he could have been moved, but it would have HELPED Kesler to be more healthy for the playoffs. I still do not understand why AV could not have played Cody centering the third line more and the Kesler line less in the months before the playoffs, like a 2a and a 2b line, with the understanding with the players that minutes would be slanted more towards the second line at the start of the playoffs....Presidents Trophy be damned.

Kesler said in his interview that he re-injured himself sometime in February, and was playing through it for the rest of the season. Yet AV arrogantly goes before the media and scoffs at the idea of reducing Kesler's minutes (to increase Cody's) EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW OF KESLERS RE-INJURY! Kesler was playing huge minutes when his playing time should have been 'managed'.

I would have been fine with trading Cody in the Summer, if he was indeed overly influenced by a dotting dad and an overly aggressive agent (ie. Lindros). But MG held all the cards and it sounds like he buckled. Between the whining by Cody's dad, and the whining from AV, Mike Gillis just couldn't take it anymore. I thought he had a little more fortitude than that.

No, Cody wouldn't have won us the Cup singlehandedly. But if he could have helped us win any one of those first 3 games, which were very close, until Daniel got up to steam...there is a big big chance we would still be playing now.

#308 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

It's amazing how ole smoke and mirrors can pass the buck. Looks like the entire season is Coho's fault. It's amazing how the flock is eating it up too. Could he at least admit he made a mistake in evaluating his character when he drafted him? Wasn't that something he was going to focus on with our draft picks? But no, nothing is ever MG's fault. This complete disaster is the fault of a kid that's been gone for 2+ months.
What happened to our "class" organization? What a joke.

I think you need to go back and watch the press conference again as you clearly missed about 90% of it.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#309 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Why would AV or any of the current mangement be gone? Take a look at the teams in the West that have made it past round one. All of them are teams that were on the bottom or close to the bottom of peoples lists of who would likely make it out. Furthermore, AV is the winningest coach in Canucks history, lead the team to 2 straight Pres' trophies and to the Stanley Cup Final (Game 7). To assume he is gone would be stupid.
As for Luo, the same goes. He's waived his NTC, but given his previous stats the likelyhood of him leaving is still slim, unless management chooses to roll the dice with Schneider, even though it wouldn't be a HUGE risk.
And to assume BOTH would be gone is ridiculous. You're talking a massive revamp of our organization because we underestimated our first round opponent, greatly.
There is no logic in giving away BOTH of our most successful pieces in order to improve.

I don't think it's necessarilly stupid to believe it to be likely. Possibly wrong. Possibly presumptive, but not stupid. But then again, I don't think I'm stuipid, so maybe I'm biased.
I'm not the only one guessing that AV and/or Lou are gone. In fact, there are a lot of hockey experts talking about that exact idea.
The reasoning behind it is that when the chips were down and they faced elimination, AV went with Schneider. That move alone speeks volumes, as AV has always said that he will start the players that he thinks will give him the best chance to win. Furthermore, it's not very likely they will keep both goaltenders. It is possible, and as MG pointed out, it is the ideal scenerio, but if they are to bolster the offensive game of this team, which MG has stated is the most important aspect of the game, theyb are going to need to pick up at least a couple of real offensive players. That can't happen with Lou's contract being as it is. Lou has stated that he is willing to waive his NTC, which would open up huge possibilites in terms of cap room. How enticing would thaqt be to a GM that wants to build an offensive team? I imagine the answer is 'very'. This makes me, and many, many others, believe there is a good possibility that Lou will be shipped out. Especially given there is a great goaltender waiting in the wings, ready to step right into the #1 spot.
AV has been here for a long time. Most coaches shelf life at any given club is 4-5 years. After that, usually players start to tune out a coach. Not always, but usually. Furthermore, AV is a systems coach, as so many like to point out. It is a system that has not changed very much during his tenure here, and isn't likely to change much. Many teams have figured that system out. That has become apparent, given their seeming inability to score goals. AV is also a defense-first minded coach, which isn't necessarily conducive to the offensive style game that MG talked about wanting to develop with this club. So it looks like, to many, there is a good possibility that AV will be shipped out.
These are, in my biased opinion, not very "stupid" reasons to support my beliefs. They're actually pretty sound, logical explanations. Of course, I don't know what will happen. None of us do. But we are sure to find out in 10 day to two weeks, based on MG's comments.
Let's revisit this conversation then. If you're right, you can serve me a heaping dish of crow, which I will gladly eat. If I'm right, I'll let you forgo the serving of crow if you take the "stupid" comment back.

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#310 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I think you need to go back and watch the press conference again as you clearly missed about 90% of it.

You have to ask yourself why was Cody even mentioned by Gillis today? I realize he was asked a question about him but wouldn't be more healthy going forward to just say I did the trade because I liked Kassian and his future potential. Why bring up more baggage about a player that is gone? The answer to that question is to cover his butt!

#311 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

It's amazing how ole smoke and mirrors can pass the buck.  Looks like the entire season is Coho's fault.  It's amazing how the flock is eating it up too.  Could he at least admit he made a mistake in evaluating his character when he drafted him?  Wasn't that something he was going to focus on with our draft picks?  But no, nothing is ever MG's fault.  This complete disaster is the fault of a kid that's been gone for 2+ months.
What happened to our "class" organization?  What a joke.

HUH??? At what point does Gillis blame the season on Cody? He was asked a question about Cody and answered it. Nice try but try addressing what was actually said. Not what you just made up in your head.

#312 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

What I took from the interview is:

- Raymond will get another chance to prove he's a top 6 forward, if not then they will trade him in TD.
- Jensen might be NHL ready depending on what happens this Summer.
- AV is a great coach (probably trying to build him up for another coaching job elsewhere) I think he will still get fired.
- There were alot of behind the scenes drama with CH thats why he was traded.

Man this off-season is gonna be exciting. From Luongo willing to waive his NTC, the upcoming changes that will happen, I've already forgotten about the 1st round exit :D

#313 fuel

fuel

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://www.teamradio...ets-with-media/

For those looking for the link

#314 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

MG jumped the gun when the first of the "chosen six" of the players he was willing to trade Cody for, became available.  No reason to think that at least one of these six would be up for offer in the off season.

Completely unfounded speculation.

Sabres were battling to try to secure a playoff spot. They were willing to part with two excellent young prospects that were not currently ready for a core place on the team for a young player who was more developed, that they hoped would give them an extra push down the stretch. And although he helped scored some points, he was also very much a defensive liability.

Cody's stats were so good for us because he was sheltered. But Kesler's struggles made it clear it would be more difficult to shelter him down the stretch. If he was on the ice for 60+% of our goals against down the stretch, then it is completely reasonable to believe the teams with these six players that MG coveted would not be willing to part with one for him. Add in the fact that his demands were starting to be made public, if he actually demanded a trade and that went public, his value would diminish even further.

When it came to Hodgson, MG sold high. Part of me wonders if, due to Kesler's struggles and the lagging play of the team in February, he specifically targeted players that would be more able to help in the next two seasons, rather than this one. Perhaps he realized that the battered, beaten, and exhausted team he had wasn't going to be able to go as far as the one he had last year.

Edited by D-Money, 24 April 2012 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

#315 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I liked the fact that he has a lot of expectations on Jensen. Would love to hear that he's ready to play next season, a 3rd line with him and Hansen would be great.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schroeder spends one more year in the minors, but we may see Connauton, Sauve and even Sweatt.

I don't see a position for Schroeder with the Canucks....maybe as a callup but seriously, he is too small a player on a team that is trying to get bigger and grittier.

#316 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

MG's comments about Cody did nothing to clear things up. What I got from it was he was cowed into trading Cody before he should have because of AV whining to him about the Cody camp asking for more ice time (which he deserved).

Yes Cody's dad, a Conservative politician who hangs around the likes of Mike Harris and Stephen Harper, is obviously a d%#k who thought his son was entitled to be the star he pictured in his head. But Gillis could have told him to shutup and worked this Summer to make it happen instead of right before a playoff run where offense was badly needed.

MG jumped the gun when the first of the "chosen six" of the players he was willing to trade Cody for, became available. No reason to think that at least one of these six would be up for offer in the off season.

And another thing that smells in all this is AVs stubbornness to simply appease the Cody camp even slightly. Just release a little steam out of the pot and increase his minutes by 2 or 3. Not only would this have at least kept the Cody camp appeased until the Summer where he could have been moved, but it would have HELPED Kesler to be more healthy for the playoffs. I still do not understand why AV could not have played Cody centering the third line more and the Kesler line less in the months before the playoffs, like a 2a and a 2b line, with the understanding with the players that minutes would be slanted more towards the second line at the start of the playoffs....Presidents Trophy be damned.

Kesler said in his interview that he re-injured himself sometime in February, and was playing through it for the rest of the season. Yet AV arrogantly goes before the media and scoffs at the idea of reducing Kesler's minutes (to increase Cody's) EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW OF KESLERS RE-INJURY! Kesler was playing huge minutes when his playing time should have been 'managed'.

I would have been fine with trading Cody in the Summer, if he was indeed overly influenced by a dotting dad and an overly aggressive agent (ie. Lindros). But MG held all the cards and it sounds like he buckled. the whining frBetween the whining by Cody's dad, and from AV, Mike Gillis just couldn't take it anymore. I thought he had a little more fortitude than that.

No, Cody wouldn't have won us the Cup singlehandedly. But if he could have helped us win any one of those first 3 games, which were very close, until Daniel got up to steam...there is a big big chance we would still be playing now.

I listened to the interview and MG didn't say anything about AV whining or about Cody's family. Stop spreading BS just to make your view justified. Total BS.

#317 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

HUH??? At what point does Gillis blame the season on Cody? He was asked a question about Cody and answered it. Nice try but try addressing what was actually said. Not what you just made up in your head.

That's crap. He jumped all over the opportunity to throw CoHo under the bus. Obviously there were some issues, it was his chance to deflect blame. That's what scumbag agents do. Never, ever take any responsibility or admit a mistake.

#318 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,426 posts

Not one word from these experts about how they mismanaged the player. Made a bad call regarding his injury, called him out on it, put him in a training program that didn't help.

These guys never make a mistake, and then rather than admiting to any mistakes, they throw him under a bus. Now that's rich. It's all about what Cody did, nothin about what they did. Bunch of morons.

Must've been filed with all the 'Cody Hodgson is Injury Prone' talk that never happens here.

If Cody simply had been healthy, then wtf are we talking about?

Meanwhile, here's why we traded Hodgson:

Canuck top draft picks in the Bettman era:

McAllister: Bust
Holden: Bust
Ference: Bust
Allen: Never reached potential. Bust
Sedins: Traded a mint to be able to draft them. Took eons to reach potential.
Smith: Bust
Umberger: Not ever signed. Traded for a few crappy games from Rucinsky.
Koltsov: Bust
Kesler: So far one good season. Yay!
Schneider: Future tbd.
Bourdon: Dead
Grabner: Traded
White: Bust
Hodgson: Traded
Schroeder: Future tbd (likely bust)
McNally: Meh.
Jensen: Future tbd

Being a Canadian team, we're not allowed to acquire (and keep) young talent. If Jensen turns out to be good, he'll likely have to be traded as well. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#319 Dream Theater

Dream Theater

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Wow...how do we know if Kassian is a bust when Coach V wouldn't even let him play? His decisions during this playoffs along with his coaching staff were close to pathetic and it showed on the ice. Give Kass some time, because he was looking pretty good when he had confidence and was playing on the second line. Cody is gone, so get over it. I had to do the same thing with Grabs.
Posted Image

#320 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wow...how do we know if Kassian is a bust when Coach V wouldn't even let him play? His decisions during this playoffs along with his coaching staff were close to pathetic and it showed on the ice. Give Kass some time, because he was looking pretty good when he had confidence and was playing on the second line. Cody is gone, so get over it. I had to do the same thing with Grabs.

MG said that Kassian type players don't come along very often and when he was available, they were happy to trade for him. He said that just like Hodgson, the Canuck coaches will work with Kassian and develop him to reach his full potential. Obviously MG sees something that we haven't seen so far....let's hope that he is right. Either way if Hodgson didn't want to play here, it was better to move him before he became a distraction.
As far as Kassian's icetime, don't blame AV for not rushing Kassian. That was the plan according to MG....Kassian is a work in progress. He isn't as far along as Cody in his development so he is not playing Cody type minutes.

Edited by bluesman60, 24 April 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#321 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Reading some of the garbage on here, what amazes me is just how stupid and undeserving some Canucks fans are.

It strikes me some are happiest when they have something (in their distorted world) they can grumble about.

They look at the PT two years running and imply it's failure. Half I bet would dream of such a level of competence at their own jobs.

They are happier to take an unhappy daddy-whipped player's side than the guy who has brought them previously unmatched success...........even after the facts have come out they are still moaning.

Some of them are so thick they would rather take a role of the dice than stick with a successful partnership.

However why should that be a surprise to anyone. These people thrive on failure, perceived or otherwise. They thrive on being able to say I told you so.........unfortunately for them they have been running out of oxygen on that one for a few years now.

Does that cause them to shut their trap? No it makes them more desperate, more dense, more obtuse and happily more frustrated.

At the end of the day we shouldn't be too hard on these "glass half empty" whiners though because this drive to moan and whine is like an incurable disease. They can't help it and ultimately their ludicrous GMing gives us all a laugh.

Once more with feeling...............MG's NOT LISTENING! :picard:

I think MG is a great GM. I think he has moral ethics and that is probably rare in his position. I like his quiet ambition, his determination to do right by the players, the coach AND the fans.

He is not perfect (like the doom merchants on here) of course he doesn't always get it right but he has got a hell of a lot more right than wrong or the Canucks wouldn't be where they are.

I think he has been a bit unlucky in that he HAS improved the team this year but for whatever reason, things didn't work out. However unlike some on here, he's not negative about it. He admits changes will be made, we will get younger and bigger and the plan oF the road to the ultimate goal will be honed to achieve the success we all want.

Is it asking for too much to get behind him and support him..............after all it's a bloody hard job.
Kevin.jpg

#322 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

He should be renamed to "Mike Blaming Gillis."

Sounds to me like Gillis is putting the blame on everything else but himself to hang on to his job. Blame the players for somehow not being themselves after the Boston game. Blame LA for having a better coach. Blame Hodgson for wasting his time, which I don't buy.

#323 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

MG said that Kassian type players don't come along very often and when he was available, they were happy to trade for him. He said that just like Hodgson, the Canuck coaches will work with Kassian and develop him to reach his full potential. Obviously MG sees something that we haven't seen so far....let's hope that he is right. Either way if Hodgson didn't want to play here, it was better to move him before he became a distraction.

What do you mean "we"? Many of us have said he is raw, young, immature but I think most of us agree the potential is there.

Edited by Bodee, 24 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#324 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

"Cody wanted a out blah blah blah"
THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY HE WAS SHOCKED WHEN HE WAS TRADED.
Posted Image

#325 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I've been a hardcore fan for 20 years now and the Hodgson trade is the worst move I've seen this team make in that time. Even if Kassian eventually develops into a good player this was a terrible trade as our stanley cup window is quickly closing.

#326 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

"Cody wanted a out blah blah blah"
THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY HE WAS SHOCKED WHEN HE WAS TRADED.

What was he going to do, chuck his hands in the air and say yippee!.............please!
Are you really so naive as to think that a guy who has been a pain in the ass for 3 years of duplicity can't muster a fake shock face?
Kevin.jpg

#327 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Sedins aren't getting any younger, Kesler hasn't been producing, why in the world would you trade away our only proven playmaker that is a ROOOKIE ZZZZZZZ

What was he going to do, chuck his hands in the air and say yippee!.............please!
Are you really so naive as to think that a guy who has been a pain in the ass for 3 years of duplicity can't muster a fake shock face?

Pain in the ass for 3 year, to who!? It was the Canucks doctors that fracked up his back diagnossis, and it was AV's retardedness for not wanting to give him more minutes when he clearly earned it.

Edited by DreamHerO, 24 April 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#328 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

You have to ask yourself why was Cody even mentioned by Gillis today? I realize he was asked a question about him but wouldn't be more healthy going forward to just say I did the trade because I liked Kassian and his future potential. Why bring up more baggage about a player that is gone? The answer to that question is to cover his butt!

MG is a stand up guy and doesn't need to cover his butt. He acknowledged that the responsibilty for how the team performs rests squarely on his shoulders.....he is the GM. So obviously you didn't listen to the interview in it's entirety or you are blowing hot air?

#329 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,651 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Should have drafted Tyler Myers! :frantic:
Posted Image

#330 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

He should be renamed to "Mike Blaming Gillis."

Sounds to me like Gillis is putting the blame on everything else but himself to hang on to his job. Blame the players for somehow not being themselves after the Boston game. Blame LA for having a better coach. Blame Hodgson for wasting his time, which I don't buy.

+1
MG doesn't admit his mistakes. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.