The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Get Out Of There, Go To Tampa Bay Or Somewhere ~ Don Cherry

DaMacNamedDre

Don't kid yourself, if Luongo won us the president's trophy it would have been in the 07 year. Our overall team won us the president's trophy, mainly our offensive depth. You can't say it was mainly Luongo when there is no proof Schneider couldn't have done it.

But the stats of our goalies are inflated by our team remember? Luongo is going to do better in other teams like Tampa with no defense? Maybe he can perform like in Florida, but he didn't win a Vezina there either.

I hope he gets out and wins the Stanley Cup!

Him, Ballard, Schroeder for Vinny and 1st round pick.

Thats what I want or we keep him and he pulls a Timmy! Rask plays in 2010 but they lose and go back to Timmy who has his best playoff run! ...

Don't kid yourself, if Luongo won us the president's trophy it would have been in the 07 year. Our overall team won us the president's trophy, mainly our offensive depth. You can't say it was mainly Luongo when there is no proof Schneider couldn't have done it.

I hope he gets out and wins the Stanley Cup!

Him, Ballard, Schroeder for Vinny and 1st round pick.

Thats what I want or we keep him and he pulls a Timmy! Rask plays in 2010 but they lose and go back to Timmy who has his best playoff run! ...

forget the salary hit, loyalty, nationality, previous feats... in the end all that matters is whether the Canucks have a better chance at winning the cup with Schneider or Luongo?

Luongo has bad October's (every season) and has meltdowns here and there but when he's on form, he is awesome.

Schneider rarely has a bad game and the team plays better with him in net and is 5 years+ younger.

Point B does not follow point A by any stretch of reason.

The so-called Canuck "fans" and the media have treated Luongo brutally these past few years. If he feels unappreciated or if he feels done with the city and the unfair scrutiny he receives game-in and game-out whether he wins or loses, then he should leave. I have always been a Luongo fan and will always be one, but regardless of the money he is making, he is getting a raw deal and should head somewhere where he will be appreciated. If he feels he is being made a back-up to Schneider, he should go like Cherry says. Luongo has carried this team for years.

By the way, I will be the first to laugh and say, "I told you so," when Schneider buckles under the intense media scrutiny and vitriol from Vancouver's fair-weather fans (which 95%--at least on these boards--seem to be). No goalie in Vancouver has ever got a free ride, and once Luongo is gone, the spotlight will be on Schneider.

Archived