196 replies to this topic

#151 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

How original, lets all bash on Christianity.

How narrow minded, other religions have God too.

Edited by Thanos, 24 April 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#152 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,343 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

You must be sensitive, I didn't take it as a bash on Christianity. Think they were just pointing out that he talks about god a lot.

Really? exaggerate much? I see only 2 vids on youtube talking about his faith yet that's considered a lot?

Is it his fault that CBC brings that up doing their interview? what is he supposed to say?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#153 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

POPULAR

I don't understand everyone in this thread. He is under performing based on his salary, and everyone looks past it. I've seen MANY quotes on how people are defending him. Let me put it this way.

I'm going through school as a Nurse. Now, for being paid like 2% of his annual salary, my job is arguably going to much harder than his (perhaps not physically). If I make mistakes, by God, my teachers drill new ***holes into me over and OVER until I get it right. There is NO excuse for failure for me, especially when lives may or may not be in my hands.

What I'm pissed about is his f***ing quote. Yeah, you're so poetic when you quote an old US president about how you can't point fingers at failure because we're not in his shoes. You're ****ing right I'm going to point fingers. That quote shows how he believes there's not much "accountability" for his actions. I have an incredible amount of accountability in my future job for being paid almost nothing compared to his salary. But it's OK, he can pull out a quote and shift blame from his underachieving season to how hard the game is.

Now you're thinking... well, you're just some guy on the internet pointing fingers. Well, that's quite true, but not without a point. David Booth is a very bad player this season. He doesn't pass, barely scores and barely has any points. He was almost an invisible player in the playoffs except for maybe 1 or 2 chances, which of course, that he has troubling finishing on. If I'm indirectly paying for his salary and the city of Vancouver as well, he is not above criticism and he should be damn well performing alot better. Then, to pull out the quote and then not thank the fans who's paying his damn salary on top of it... slap in the face. Really hope he steps it up next season or gets traded.

...did you quit the NHL to become a nurse? If not, the money issue is irrelevant as you can't rag on a guy for getting paid doing a job he is qualified to do.

On the other issue, he has every right to express himself just as much as you do.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#154 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Well, look at the reaction to the Booth quote. Or quotes where they say that only the opinions of their teammates and family matter to them. People get PO'd about both those things.

I dont understand what you mean with the reaction to what he said, because what he did was certainly not ignoring criticism.

And that other thing was just a poor choice of words that were stating the obvious (teammates are more important then fans... No kidding?)

Im talking about how athletes are admired when they are able to filter out all of the negativity and distractions, and I dont see how that compares.

#155 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that Booth is someone of amazing character.

The quote, combined with his inability to change his game nearly one iota over the last three months, are the 180degree opposite of a man of character. He's unwilling to stand up and be accounted for. He takes his $4mil, and tells the fans to stuff it if they don't like it. The guy is a wanker. A pious wanker. Good for AV for benching his sorry a** back in the reg season, and for coming in OT the other night with him buried on the 4th line.

#156 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

If that was a preview of how he plays in the playoffs, I'm a little worried.

I'l give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he was just slow to adjust to his new team. But if not, it looks like we have another Mason Raymond type player that costs almost twice as much.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#157 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

What he should have tweeted:

You mean to tell me I could still be playing had I not be traded to Van?

#158 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#159 Redacted

Redacted

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Too bad he is playing a GAME. Sorry you get criticized I bet those millions you make playing a GAME will make you feel better. Undeserving of the money that he is given, they all are.
People talk about pressure like it's something negative. Pressure means your actions have meaning, that people care about whether you succeed or fail. Pressure is everything.

#160 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

So here people are, bashing booth for his religious beliefs, lu is very religious but we dont take the piss out of him- or do people do that too? Why not have some respect? He doesnt seem like a bad guy, he's humble pleasant and always has a smile. People are so merciless at times.

Ill bet every one of those men on the ice was
trying their damndest. They know it wasnt
enough and they are all frustrated and
devastated. They need support, not snide comments regarding their personal beliefs.

Regarding the quote in the tweet- i perceive it as a thoughtful utterance meaning its better to have tried and failed than never tried at all. Not sure how some people took it as a veiled insult to the peanut gallery.

Edited by Cristalinastar, 24 April 2012 - 09:23 PM.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#161 SledgeHockeyRules

SledgeHockeyRules

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

This sounds like a quote Ron Mclean would use before a pivotal playoff game. He loves to quotes that both baffle & amaze you.

#162 toyotafan

toyotafan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Don't bash Christianity it's caused enough wars throughot history

#163 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

How narrow minded, other religions have God too.

Sure, but what does Booth believe?

#164 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

It's kinda funny to see how quickly people turn on players here; Booth was one of the most loved guys just a month ago, and now everyone wants him gone.

#165 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

He is more physical than Raymond I'd like to see him back..he had a few good shifts with the twin's that looked promising....I don't care if it's Allah,Jehova or Buddah,or whatever...play good tough hockey is all.

#166 xXx_seabass_xXx

xXx_seabass_xXx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

So here people are, bashing booth for his religious beliefs, lu is very religious but we dont take the piss out of him- or do people do that too? Why not have some respect? He doesnt seem like a bad guy, he's humble pleasant and always has a smile. People are so merciless at times.

devastated. They need support, not snide comments regarding their personal beliefs.

Regarding the quote in the tweet- i perceive it as a thoughtful utterance meaning its better to have tried and failed than never tried at all. Not sure how some people took it as a veiled insult to the peanut gallery.

How people think that tweet is a shot at the fans I'll never understand, I think you got it right, at least that's also what I get out of it.

Posted Image

Chile for 2014 World cup!! Canucks for the 2012 Stanley Cup!!

Let's Go Whitecaps! Credit to (>'-')> for the sig!

#167 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

It's kinda funny to see how quickly people turn on players here; Booth was one of the most loved guys just a month ago, and now everyone wants him gone.

It's CDC ... Most of these idiots can barely tie their own shoes, yet they feel they know better than NHL players, former NHL players, NHL general managers, NHL agents, NHL scouts, NHL coaches, etc.

#168 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

If that was a preview of how he plays in the playoffs, I'm a little worried.

I'l give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he was just slow to adjust to his new team. But if not, it looks like we have another Mason Raymond type player that costs almost twice as much.

I don't think MR dodges any criticism of his form and he at least has an excuse AND has cut it in the playoffs, more than once.

I'm not keen on what he is saying or its context but as long as his head gets straight when he's on the ice I really don't care.

Having said that there seems to be a worrying echo in that tweet to how he plays and imo he needs to get with the team ethic ON THE ICE as much as off it.
Kevin.jpg

#169 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

It's CDC ... Most of these idiots can barely tie their own shoes, yet they feel they know better than NHL players, former NHL players, NHL general managers, NHL agents, NHL scouts, NHL coaches, etc.

I would love to see that as a fixture "quote" on the first page of CDC.............nailed it!

Come on Deb, how about it? :emot-parrot:
Kevin.jpg

#170 spacekadet

spacekadet

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I thought Booth did well this year, considering his centre was useless. Work on that puck handling in the off season, he seems like a great team mate and role model. If he ups production I wouldn't mind seeing an A on his jersey.

I agree i think he did great this year. Its probably hard to go from first line of a medicore team whose fans dont give a sh*t to 2nd line of a great organization with superstar players and a fan base whos motto i "This is what we live for" I think he had a good year and will have an even better one next year. Besides it was his first playoff experience of his career. Haters gonn hate

Edited by spacekadet, 25 April 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#171 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

...did you quit the NHL to become a nurse? If not, the money issue is irrelevant as you can't rag on a guy for getting paid doing a job he is qualified to do.

On the other issue, he has every right to express himself just as much as you do.

Whos arguing that Booth should not be allowed to express himself?

#172 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

The entire quote:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Of course its a shot at the fans. Critic=fans. Those cold and timid souls who neither know victory or defeat=fans

#173 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

I don't understand everyone in this thread. He is under performing based on his salary, and everyone looks past it. I've seen MANY quotes on how people are defending him. Let me put it this way.

I'm going through school as a Nurse. Now, for being paid like 2% of his annual salary, my job is arguably going to much harder than his (perhaps not physically). If I make mistakes, by God, my teachers drill new ***holes into me over and OVER until I get it right. There is NO excuse for failure for me, especially when lives may or may not be in my hands.

What I'm pissed about is his f***ing quote. Yeah, you're so poetic when you quote an old US president about how you can't point fingers at failure because we're not in his shoes. You're ****ing right I'm going to point fingers. That quote shows how he believes there's not much "accountability" for his actions. I have an incredible amount of accountability in my future job for being paid almost nothing compared to his salary. But it's OK, he can pull out a quote and shift blame from his underachieving season to how hard the game is.

Now you're thinking... well, you're just some guy on the internet pointing fingers. Well, that's quite true, but not without a point. David Booth is a very bad player this season. He doesn't pass, barely scores and barely has any points. He was almost an invisible player in the playoffs except for maybe 1 or 2 chances, which of course, that he has troubling finishing on. If I'm indirectly paying for his salary and the city of Vancouver as well, he is not above criticism and he should be damn well performing alot better. Then, to pull out the quote and then not thank the fans who's paying his damn salary on top of it... slap in the face. Really hope he steps it up next season or gets traded.

And if you fail at becoming a nurse is it all of our right to criticize you for sucking? It is not like Booth was the only player who under-preformed and guess what you don't make it to the finals every year just because you did last year. There is a lot of work that goes into these runs and this guy poured his heart and soul into helping this team to the playoffs. Obviously just like at any job there will be repercussions but those decisions are not up to us so why should he concern himself over every fans petty little problem. His quote was perfectly ironic for this situation because now your all criticizing him for the quote now. The basis of the situation is that if Booth continues to not click with the team he will have to answer to AV and MG those are the only ones who can do anything so why rack our brains about a problem none of us can solve, let it play out people.

Edited by RO8!!, 25 April 2012 - 10:11 AM.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#174 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

The entire quote:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Of course its a shot at the fans. Critic=fans. Those cold and timid souls who neither know victory or defeat=fans

Those cold and timid souls who neither know victory or defeat=finger pointers

what are you a finger pointer or a fan?

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#175 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Does he also believe that it was God's plan for him to go out and shoot animals for the thrill of it? His preordained destiny or some sht like that? What a moron. You would think that a religious nut might have some sense of morals or consciousness to grasp the wrongness of killing animals just for pure sport. It takes a real idiot to find pleasure in something like that. Imagine going into the mountains and killing a beautiful animal like a mountain goat for fun? Its reprehensible. Animals have rights to live to. They are not put on earth for to be killed for our entertainment.

#176 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Does he also believe that it was God's plan for him to go out and shoot animals for the thrill of it? His preordained destiny or some sht like that? What a moron. You would think that a religious nut might have some sense of morals or consciousness to grasp the wrongness of killing animals just for pure sport. It takes a real idiot to find pleasure in something like that. Imagine going into the mountains and killing a beautiful animal like a mountain goat for fun? Its reprehensible. Animals have rights to live to. They are not put on earth for to be killed for our entertainment.

As a matter of fact yes....

Genesis 9:2-3
And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Are you a vegetarian or a hypocrite? I eat meat. Thus I have no problem with legal hunting. I see it as doing the dirty work yourself instead of buying it after somebody else does the dirty work.
Posted Image

#177 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Baggins has got it right; you're obviously a hypocrite.

Go back to saltspring, you filthy hippiecrit

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#178 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

This crap is exactly what Booth is talking about - it's easy to be armchair GM (like you are right now), but the real battle is fought on ice, not on CDC.

Booth is a damned idiot. He should pipe down and show up. His me, me, me, attention seeking, attitude permeates his whole demeanour as well as the way he plays.

The guy should keep his head down and start letting his performances do his talking........and start being a team player. The bam needs spoken to, whatever religion he is into obviously missed out the bit about humility.

Psalms 149: 4 For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.

Edited by Bodee, 15 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#179 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Just bring back the God thread if it hasn't been resurrected already and be done with it.

This thread is silly.

Edited by Azial, 15 January 2013 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#180 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Why is this back?

Idiotic thing to do by Booth. Still, grow up. This won't be the first or last time someone sh!ts in your cornflakes.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.