The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Luongo is a true competitor with all the respect in the world for our franchise.

Yet tons of our fan base are happy to see him go, but were outraged when Coho, a guy who disrespected our franchise by whining and requesting a trade mid season, left.

What a joke.

We scored 4 goals in the 3 games Schneider was in net.

The Canucks have scored 16 goals in the last 12 playoff games.

Schneider or Luongo can't score.... so where is the problem?I think it's pretty clear.

Going to be an interesting off-season. Pretty nice of Luongo to open up the options.

now we have more than just Florida and Tampa to work with. He's willing to be traded anywhere.

Washington, Columbus, Tampa, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida.

But I think he'll end up in either Minnesota or Toronto.

Backstrom only has 1 more year left and he's finished. Luongo would be the perfect replacement.

Luongo would fetch us a Luke Schenn or a Kadri.

You wanna play the stats game now eh? Here, eat this:

Luongo has 339 NHL wins, Schneider has 38.

Luongo won Gold, Schneider not.

Luongo led the team to game 7 of the SC Finals, Schneider didn't even lead the team past 1 round. :lol::lol::lol:

Luongo was voted hardest goaltender to score on a year or 2 ago by NHL'ers, Schneider not.

Luongo was a vezina finalist, Schneider not.

Therefore, Luongo >>>>> Schneider LOL!

Guest BuckFoston

Everyone is assuming Schneider would actually want to stay in this hot mess of a city instead of going to a good team that is under much less scrutiny and without fickle fans. I don't think he is that impressed with Vancouver.

But if he did stay and Lu did go to Tampa, for example, and then went further with Stamkos and co. than Vancouver with Schneids.... ooh, now that would be funny.

unless folks have been living under a rock - the knowledge that one of these 2 star goalies would be leaving the Canucks has been well known for several years. So much drama being injected into a situation that everyone knew was comming. If Lou goes folks complain we ran him out - If Cory goes folks complain we never gave him a chance....

Instead of looking to add to the drama look to what it will bring this team for next year - one of these 2 star goalies is on the move and will bring a great asset in return. All the drama in the world is not going to keep both of these great goalies in the same uniform next year - the time has come. I applaud both men for the great play they provided - To luo for leading the canucks to "yearly contender status" and to Cory for putting the team first and staying to grow as a back up and doing so with dignity ( people are forgetting that its not just important to treat Lou with respect but Cory has earned that right as well ).

My only wish on this matter is that the Canucks do what is best for the team ( and without seeing the trade offers we have no way of knowing what that is ), and that they do so in such a way that shows the profound respect and thanks we have for both of these great goalies.

One of the two are on the move folks - accept it.

Archived