The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans, Do You Continue To Watch Playoffs?

mark3

Hi, everyone.

My name's Mark.

I was just wondering - do you continue to follow playoffs or not?

I'm asking because I don't know what to do anymore after...our loss to LA... I mean, for me, it's like playoffs already ended and there's no point in continuing to follow the other series. Am I the only one who is too pity to watch playoffs? What do you think - is it worth continuing to follow playoffs or not?

I do. I am loving every minute of every game. The only difference is I don't really mind who wins (although I would quite like to see the Sens do it) and I watch them at a civilised hour instead of staying up till the early hours of the morning and crawling into bed at dawn.

In order to fully appreciate the thrill of victory, you also have to experience the agony of defeat - so I know our time will come and it will just be that much sweeter in that we've waited so long. But hate it after we're ousted, although, I don't know that I could withstand another long run if we didn't take it all. So maybe it's easier this way?

I will still watch every game of the playoffs until the end (well, we are in a pool so it adds some extra incentive). Of course, with no emotional attachment now, but I love sports and I don't just watch for the results, I watch for the game(s) themselves. A lot of great hockey action to be had, I simply don't have the passion connected to the games if the Canucks aren't involved.

Oh and - go Claude Giroux...keep racking up those points for us! My son and I have led the pool throughout, based mostly on 4 Philly players. Stand in pretty good position to take it all right now, as we only have 2 players out and most others have at least 4-5 out.

All my "second choice" teams are out as well, so pulling for Philly.

Heartbreaking to watch our team work so hard over the year to end in only 5 games of the first round. But this is the fastest and most dynamic sport there is in the regular season. The playoffs are way beyond that. Nothing beats OT hockey. Real OT without European soccer methods to end it if things take too long. Enjoyed watching our rival Blackhawks go down. Will enjoy tonight when our rival Bruins are beat as well. Lots of good hockey to come in the 2012 playoffs. Lick our wounds, make some informed and tough off season changes, and do it all again next year.

We still have a Canadian team in. Go Sens Go. 19 years since the cup has been in the country that gave birth to Hockey and loves it the most.

I will be watching less hockey, especially since soon the sun will be comin outg and I want to enjoy summertime. However I am still following the playoffs and once I get over the loss (lol) I will start watching more games as long as I have time.

I'll will watch west highlights cause there won't be much going on unless they calling penaulties. West will be defencive boring low scoring trapping hockey.

Will watch the exciting Higher scoring eastern games though.More scoring and excitement atleast watching Philly.

No absolutly not!!!!!!

The Canucks are the only team that matters, here is something i tell my habs fan freind.......

There are two types of hockey fans

Canucks fans and those who wish they were Canucks fans!!!!!!!

(although at this point with the way they lost i do question that statement slightly) and my freind is rgging on me pretty hard, oh well thats the price you pay for being a cocky Canucks fan i guess!!

I've been following the panthers this year, they're a fun team to watch. They play hard and never say die, they even came back from letting in 3 goals in the first ten minutes of game 3. Other than that I'll read stats, watch a game here or there and hope the finals is a good match up

I'll watch if I am home.

When the Canucks are in it, I do everything I can to make sure I am free to watch every game. Now that the Canucks are out and I am not following any particular team I'll just watch whatever game is on that night, but I won't make any extra effort to make sure I'm free for the game.

It's just too long to the start of the CFL season. Playoff hockey, no matter the team, is still better than most the crap on TV.

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of the games even when the Canucks were still in it. I'm really interested in seeing how far Ottawa can go.

I probably won't bother watching much in the West though. Like others have mentioned, all of the defensive teams are matched up now, sounds like boring hockey to me. Philly and Ottawa will be my teams to watch going forward. :)

Archived