The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Gillis Refutes Reports Of Luongo's Trade List , A Piece About Av As Well

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

Because Luongo has proven to be undependable in the playoffs four years running? Elite goalies let in soft goals, yes, but four years running? That's not even elite at that point. Breezy has been terrible this year, and you can bet your last dollar that if he continues to be bad three years from now, they're gonna be thinking of letting him go in Philly, especially since Bobrovski is waiting in the wings.

What really matters is what Don Cherry thinks....

No, but really, WGAF what Don has to say on the matter - Don's rants, from a Canucks perspective are little more than an attempt to drive a wedge, and shame the Canucks. Stay classy.

All of a sudden he is Luongo's champion... what's next?... advising his friend Burke to throw in a low-ball offer...

This is so true. I go to Vancouver every so often to visit my Dad and I can't stand it. The whole

city reeks of entitlement and there are stuck-up

people with snotty attitudes everywhere. You

can tell by looking in the stands at Rogers Arena

and seeing a bunch of people in suits spending

more time fiddling with their blackberries than

watching the game.

This is so true. I go to Vancouver every so often to visit my Dad and I can't stand it. The whole city reeks of entitlement and there are stuck-up people with snotty attitudes everywhere. You can tell by looking in the stands at Rogers Arena and seeing a bunch of people in suits spending more time fiddling with their blackberries than watching the game.

I still don't think its for sure Lu will be moved. Depends on where they feel Lack is in his development, the return Schneider could potentially bring back could be worth while to move Schneider instead.

It is a business .. and nothing we say on this Forum effects any Canuck one iota .. if Luongo goes, then AV should be gone with him .. a fresh start is needed .. much of the "reason" for Lui being in the situation he finds himself falls at the feet of his Coach .. the beginning of the end was when Lui dictated to AV that he was staying in the net last year versus the Bruins.

Cory just needs a solid, veteran goalie to mentor him and back him up for 25-30 games next year .. the Lack comes up in 2013-14 ..

Wakeup and smell the java, Babe - he's as good as gone... It's gonna be hard to tell the Lu's from the boos as Roberto leaves town, but either way HE WANTS OUT, and I don't blame him. Gillis and AV forced his hand by sitting him for last 3 games. Kind of dirty pool by Gillis IMO, even in business, employees shouldn't be treated like that. Lu was totally embarrassed by being benched in he playoffs - waving his NTC was the obvious outcome. Well done Gillis you p.o.s.!!

Two years ago, after the loss to Chicago, I came on this site and stated that the Canucks would keep Scheids over the next couple of years as an insurance policy against Lou not regaining the form he had in 2007 and potentially trading him. Over the next few years I came on here and reiterated why I though Schnieder was a better goalie.

As a result, I had people act like 12 yr olds not responding to my critisisms of Lou's play and how (while he is still a very good goalie), didn't bring the same things to the game that the Kid behind him did. Those things included, mental toughness, the ability to make very difficult saves in key games and key times to keep his team in it, to steal games like he used to, rebound control, and positioning.

All that I got back from the adolescents on this site was vitriol. Comments such as troll, you are not a fan, leave, on and on. I was suspeneded from the site numerous times for stating facts, and I suppose inciting the villiage idiots, and my last one was deserved as I played the game to show those on here a mirror, one that proved the childishness of many on here.

That being said. I came back on for one reason, and one reason only. For those who said I didn't know what I was talking about, challenged my hockey knowledge, just because I had a view that Schnieds was a better goalie..

I say touche..I say I was right, I say AV and MG have agreed with my view that I called two years ago. I say most in the hockey world include many on here agree (based on the simple fact they believe Schnieds would get more in a trade)

Thank You as I TAKE A BOW.

GUESS WHAT Bertuzzi Babe. I was right.

Archived