Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nail

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

2,398 posts in this topic

Hmm, it sounds alright I guess. Kinda seem's like the same ol' stuff every year?

The new skating engine, didn't they make that a couple years ago? What could they have possibly done differently to advertise this as a game changing feature?

1000 new aminations? Didn't they just add 1000 new animations last year?

EA Sports Hockey IQ? Now I'm almost positive that was added last year, it's not new, you guys made changes to it.

The Be A GM, now that's pretty cool. I myself, and a lot of my friends, have wanted this for awhile. Smart move by EA, this mode is going to get used a ton.

All in all, no matter what I always buy it anyways, hopefully they release more information between now and September with some little things they've added, like contract extensions, line chemistry, bring back the emotional metre or whatever it was.

The (major) problem is not the game-play or all these new gimicks,

its the online servers and how crappy it is to be a high-ranked team in EASHL for PS3 - it literally can take up to 45mins - 2 hours to JUST find and play a game without either:

1) dodging

2) some sort of dressing room glitch

3) unable to connect to any teams

4) game freezing up / ready glitch

Even if they fix those things, there's a huge issue with lag when playing teams not in the western server (with the majority of teams in the east). Words cannot express how long my team and I have spent staring at a loading sign practically every night until we disbanded because of these issues.

Until they fix this, EA can go f*ck themselves.

The (major) problem is not the game-play or all these new gimicks,

its the online servers and how crappy it is to be a high-ranked team in EASHL for PS3 - it literally can take up to 45mins - 2 hours to JUST find and play a game without either:

1) dodging

2) some sort of dressing room glitch

3) unable to connect to any teams

4) game freezing up / ready glitch

Even if they fix those things, there's a huge issue with lag when playing teams not in the western server (with the majority of teams in the east). Words cannot express how long my team and I have spent staring at a loading sign practically every night until we disbanded because of these issues.

Until they fix this, EA can go f*ck themselves.

Sounds great ^^

Gonna get it since I didn't bought NHL 12.

The skating looks soooooooo much better and realistic.

I realize that the point of the game is to make money for EA Sports but every year for the past 3 years I've been disapointed when I bought the game and tried it out. I don't know how the developers cannot feel a little guilty about selling basically the same game every year. It seems like they just slap a new cover on the disc and box and ship i out.

Some of the player head shots are two to three years old. The very least they can do is upgrade those.

The create a team options also need to be expanded. I don't see what the big deal in adding more team names and logo options. Have a expansion team option. Allow users to create custom jerseys for their favorite team and use them i game. Let the user design goalie masks. Have a retired player list that has hundreds of former players that can be selected for use.

While I realize that draft rankings change from week to week, have a downloadable realistic prospect rating system for the CHL players. I'm tired of getting Yakupov, Murray, Rielly, Dumba and Ceci all in the same draft with 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders. It doesn't have to be perfect but would be a very easy upgrade.

Make the fighting more enthusiastic and not so staged. I like fighting but it gets old when every fight looks the same and the characters repeat the same actions in the cut screens every time. While your at it, change the frickin Stanley Cup presentation that you've been using for 5 + years! Make the team photo have a full team on it instead of a dozen players or so.

On BeAGM, fix the contract problems. I don't want to develop a young play for three years in the minors only to have to pay him over 3 million after never playing a game in the NHL! If a player is on the Free Agent list for weeks on end, start decreasing his salary demands quicker. This will solve the problem of players rotting away unsigned.

Basically what I'm saying is fix the presentation and give us some added features and stop trying to adjust the skating physics every year.

After seeing some of the changes they have made over the last ten years, it seems to me like most of the things I mentioned would not be that difficult to do.

Hopefully someone at EA in charge of design ideas actually reads this forum. If not, they're not doing their job.

End of rant.

If new skating animations are what EA is promoting, hopefully there will be a variety of diferent skating strides available based on height, weight and attributes.

They really need to fix how you can quit a game within like the first minute and have it not count at all.

"

EASHL, the EA SPORTS online hockey league has received a number of new improvements including the ability to choose club captains, a region based matchmaking system designed to reduce lag and the addition of procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game."

I'm really loving the addition of captains.

I wonder what these "procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game" are.

"

EASHL, the EA SPORTS online hockey league has received a number of new improvements including the ability to choose club captains, a region based matchmaking system designed to reduce lag and the addition of procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game."

I'm really loving the addition of captains.

I wonder what these "procedures created to encourage users to play through a full EASHL game" are.

Funny that the updates aren't really even updates. EA does it once again with new features that are already in the game or were in the past.

This is the third year where they've said "real physics". You would think they would get it right.

Region based match making already happened in NHL 12. Not even a new feature lol

Online Be a gm so far is the only hook... That stanley cup thing is stupid and a money grab. All hut is a money grab.

I'll probably buy the limited edition thing just so I can get NHL 13 money so I can buy some upgrades for my EASHL guy.

Thank god.

NHL 12 was garbage. The AI was stupid, the gameplay was stupid and the addition of legendary players being the biggest addition made it the worst EA NHL game on current gen consoles.

This is a huge step forward, congrats EA and don't forget guys this is the first announcement, there are many to come. As of right now it looks good.

Now with all that info released, I hope presentation has been greatly improved.

On a side note, I don't understand why everyones saying "Oh they're adding something that they already had". Look at it this way, when a new console comes out those whole design of a game has to be completely changed and re-made with a whole new system, anything that was on PS2 or XBOX wasn't as good as now and I welcome these additions they brought back and improved with open arms. When it comes to a sports game like EA's NHL, they don't have as much time and resources as a big game company has just like Bethesda, Rockstar, etc... to make a game.

"The AI will be much better this year" - said no one ever.

Why don't they start by making the goalies at least half decent? Like seriously, today I was in a game, outshot the other guy 31-9.... He beats me 5-1. Absolutely brutal. And the goals he scored were literally all my goalies fault. Meanwhile, his goalie was outstanding, making save after save, doing the splits, everything. My goalie was Quick, his was Niemi. I'm pretty damn sure Niemi isn't even close to Quick.

Fix your whole game EA.

Why don't they start by making the goalies at least half decent? Like seriously, today I was in a game, outshot the other guy 31-9.... He beats me 5-1. Absolutely brutal. And the goals he scored were literally all my goalies fault. Meanwhile, his goalie was outstanding, making save after save, doing the splits, everything. My goalie was Quick, his was Niemi. I'm pretty damn sure Niemi isn't even close to Quick.

Fix your whole game EA.

Does 'updates to HUT' mean no salary cap? :bigblush:

which would translate to lets watch me beat a kid who spent 60 bucks getting Hall,Stamkos , Lundqvuist, with an AHL squad

which would translate to lets watch me beat a kid who spent 60 bucks getting Hall,Stamkos , Lundqvuist, with an AHL squad