The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Everyone bitching about this really needs to take a step back and take stock of their lives... if your REALLY against this then you should really stop eating meat all together, because what is the difference between this.. and buy pre-packaged meat that was held in subpar conditions and tortured before being brutally murdered so you can eat. Seriously, don't try and act all high and mighty to everyone.

As long as the animal is consumed I have no problem with it. Rifle, bow, slingshot... I don't care.

My dad, and uncles, and step dad, and many friends of mine hunt for food each year.

If you can get a limited entry ticket, then you're lucky.

Otherwise, you have only a couple days or weeks each year to get an animal, and most people only take one animal a year.

I think that the widespread culling that a lot of non-hunters imagine is quite a ways off base.

By the way, bear meat is very good, as is moose, deer, mountain sheep, elk, never had caribou but it's probably good.

As I said, if he ate it, and took it in season, then don't choke on your farm raised beef trying to be the first to take a stab at him.

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

Everyone bitching about this really needs to take a step back and take stock of their lives... if your REALLY against this then you should really stop eating meat all together, because what is the difference between this.. and buy pre-packaged meat that was held in subpar conditions and tortured before being brutally murdered so you can eat. Seriously, don't try and act all high and mighty to everyone.

Pretty ignorant statement considering that hunting with bait is illegal. Now maybe you should park your carcass high in a tree, standing on a hunting platform (these are not very big) and see if you are still consider yourself not at risk when a bear that size starts to shimmy up the tree to bite your @ss off....I bet the fall to the ground would hurt like hell too.

Stay in the city boy because you know nothing about hunting or the dangers associated with the sport....not to mention the physical endurance expended to take an animal and then get it out of the bush.

Hunting is just as much a sport as any other sport and until you have had to pull an 800 pound animal through a couple of miles of dense bush or had a grizzzly charge you when you are cleaning the animal and are covered in blood, you are not qualified to beak off. For your info, not all hunters are trophy hunters...most are ordinary guys and gals who just happen to enjoy a moose steak better than a Wendys hamburger.

I actually lol'd. Yup those 'hunters got it tough up in that tree. So much so that i often hear of bears catching hunters and hunters falling out of trees. Another thing i have never seen a hunter go out alone. Its like theyre too scared to face a challenge. Will they have beer with them to celebrate an expectly easy victory over the bear? Are they going to have 'bear burgers and eat it?

So far anyone upporting hasnt made any strong points to me. Heres a senario where im cool with hunting a bear(besides one thats killing ppl). I decide i want to have some good ol fashion bear burgers. But since i dont really need them and its more for 'sport its only fair to challenge nature fairly. I would go out into the wild alone. With maybe some water, small rations and a hunting knife. I then build a shelter and carve out either a spear or a bow with arrows. Then i spend time hunting to the best of my abilities and only using what nature has provided me. If i kill a bear i eat it. Use the bones as a trophy(which would have far more meaning through this type of experience) and as well use the fur in my shelter.

To me that would not only be truely sporting, but as well hunting in the true meaning of the word. If i had happened to catch a small animal during my time in the wilderness, that would be fair use in 'baiting. To me this is the kind of true hunting experience. The rest is just exploiting our technology over nature like humans do.

Anyhow you wouldnt find me doing that because i dont need to. And im not interested in eating bear.

Archived