The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Year Is A Mulligan. La Is Just On Fire!

Italia2006

I agree with you to a certain extent. We were fed a bunch of bs as far adderesing our needs. We didn't get tougher and we let go Torres (which was stupid to me) and yes La does deserve credit, they're playing great. My point to this thread is that we didn't come in to this series healthy and next year we will have a better team and hopefully our big guns can be healthy going into next year. If Daniel and Kesler where 100% that series would of been different in my opinion. That's why I say it's a mulligan. I look forward to next year with the goalie trade coming, Jensen, Schroeder and Connauton coming up.

This year it was injuries...last year it was injuries and reffing...the previous year it was a stacked Hawks team...

Kes isn't back until at least November and maybe December. So take off your rose colored glasses for a minute and explain why you think we will be better next year. Oh right...we're going to trade Lui for a good prospect and a decent pick...maybe even take back another bad contract short term...that should make us better.  Oh you're probably one of those fans who thinks we're also going to go out this summer and get Shea Weber, Gary Suter, Alex Semin, and Jordan Staal.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So once again...get real.

Get real? Really? How many times have the Canucks won the president's trophy? Let me help you, twice.The Canucks haven't had a team this good ever. Kesler will be healthy hopefully next year and we will make "REALISTIC" moves that will help us become a better team next year.

Get real? Really? How many times have the Canucks won the president's trophy? Let me help you, twice.The Canucks haven't had a team this good ever. Kesler will be healthy hopefully next year and we will make "REALISTIC" moves that will help us become a better team next year.

I'm sure you'll be there game 1 next season getting all emotional as the team raises its President's trophy banner. Also pretty sure that the remaining teams playing for the STANLEY CUP are already planning ahead to next year for how to take the Presidents Trophy from the defending two time winners!

Right, now we know...you're one of those fans. So because I'm not jumping up and down waving pom pom's saying how great this team is and how wonderful everything is I'm not a fan? LOL!  I've been a fan of this team  longer than you've lived on this earth...so spare me.

It's frustrating to read the comments about Luongo and Daniel (play and not playing) causing the Canucks to lose the series against LA. Not the case at all.

The Canucks were outcoached, they were not ready for LA and they didn't show up until it was too late. There was an air of entitlement "we're the best in the league, 2 years running" which translated in lack lustre play in game 1 and 2.

Gillis has some work to do if he wants to turn this team into a Cup winner. We need scoring. Relying on a playgirl model to win games obviously doesn't work. Taking Burrows off of the Sedin line???? HUH. Keeping no-show Raymond on the ice????

Sorry folks, as much as I like him, AV has got to go. He's gone stale.

I used to gripe about defensive teams taking over the game and how the dead puck era is back, but now that I'm done sulking about our loss I can see objectively that the Kings are not some ultra defensive boring team. If you watch them, you'll see that in fact they attack quite aggressively and they're not a boring team at all. Even though they've maintained a strong defensive system under Sutter, it appears as if Sutter has taken the reins off his players, so to speak, and exploiting his more skilled players' talents. Guys like Kopitar, Brown and Richards are playing to their capabilities and bottom 6 guys like Stoll and King are providing good secondary offense.

I don't feel nearly as bad about losing to the Kings. Let's face it, they're a damn good team. They've got the stud goalie in Quick, they've got a rock solid defense complete with a legitimate #1 in Doughty along with stable defensive vets like Mitchell and Scuderi, and they've got the top end talent up front in Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown and Williams and a whole slew of effective, physical two way players throughout the lineup. They're quite the complete team and the only reason they're taking anyone by surprise is because as a team they majorly underachieved for the last 2 seasons. The Canucks probably still should have been able to beat them but they are a well oiled machine right now and when you have a team coming together nicely like that in the playoffs, seeds just don't matter.

Lastly, I'm actually happy for the Kings. For a franchise that has actually been in existence longer than the Canucks - they were part of the 6-team expansion in 1967 - and only has one SCF appearance and, nevermind that, only ONE division championship to their name, this run is huge for them. I have to admit, though, I'll feel a tad bitter if they actually win it all. Shoulda been us last year.

Archived