Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Canucks Have Company In Embellishment Accusations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Canucks Have Company In Embellishment Accusations (93 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with the embellishment accusations?

1. Yes (35 votes [37.63%])

Percentage of vote: 37.63%

2. No (9 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. I Hate Boston (49 votes [52.69%])

Percentage of vote: 52.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Ugh, so everyone is supposed to be happy with a Rangers win, with their crappy style, because LA dives a lot?

I hope all that 'character' and whatever Doughty and Brown blabber on about equates to them simply diving less. Only because a Rangers win would mean that yet another American o4 team gets it's post-cap cup.

Yeah. It's a fix. Either way. Cheers.

TOML

If the Rangers win, they'll finally be able to claim they won a Stanley Cup without a huge payroll advantage. Their 1994 team had the second-highest payroll in the league that year, and five of their players earned $1,000,000 or more. Mark Messier earned $2,533,000 during the 1993-94 season. The Canucks, in contrast, only paid two players $1,000,000 or more.

http://www.dropyourg...GordyHowePoints

Edited by WeatherWise, 20 May 2012 - 07:51 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#32 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Every team in the league can be accused of diving, not just the Canucks or LA or Boston.
I think the diving is more a result of the refs not calling it by the book. What was a penalty in the 1st period is not a penalty in the 3rd period so players get frustrated. Some teams (like Boston) get away with almost anything while another team gets a penalty. Just call it by the book and the diving will go down drastically.
And stop these stupid' Eww he sprayed snow in my face....I want a penalty' garbage calls.

Edited by bluesman60, 20 May 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#33 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'm hoping that people will realize that these Kings are a bunch of divers. Kings don't deserve all the credit they are getting.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#34 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Flagrant dives should be reviewable...to get that crap out of hockey...to be enforced by the next stoppage in play or when notified by video review...ie a 2 tier diving call 1) diving as per usual 2) Flagrant dive..which will supercede the initial call (if any)

#35 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

I think teams who are more successful on the power play, like the Canucks, feel more inclined to embellish a little. It can be very tempting when you know how good your special teams are.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.