The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's The Chances Booth, Ballard And Luongo Get Traded (Not All To The Same Team)?

Italia2006

Why are people saying Low? Luongo is gone for sure in my mind, Ballard does not have a spot on this team, so he will be shipped off. The only guy who is unlikely is Booth. But that can change, depending who and what we get at free agency. If we get a guy like Parise, bye bye Booth.

I still can't believe all the flack booth has been given over his bear hunting expedition. Hunting, fishing, camping...these are activities we associate with the "good ol BC boys" everyone loves. What do you guys think hamhuis, Webber, Willy Mitchell, et all do or did in their spare time growing up in northern bc?

We seem to love these small town bc boys, but when booth does the same thing we throw him under the bus? What the h e double hockey sticks?

We will not win a cup with Luongo.

I'm not a Luongo hater or saying that we will win the cup with Schneider.

Luongo may still win a cup before he retires but not here.

Booth and Ballard should stay.

Ballard has never been given the freedom an offensive defenceman needs.

Booth needs a different center. Him and Kesler just don't mix.

Maybe if they moved Kesler to wing, or put a playmaking winger with them.

If Ballard could have been traded, MG would have done it by now. There was no reason not to considering how big of a cap hit he has and how little he was being used. There is

absolutely no market out there for Ballard right now, his stock is as low as it gets. I'm not saying he can't turn it around next year, but right now we're stuck with him.

Luongo is not worth $5.3 mil considering the way he's played. No team is going to be falling over themselves trying get a hold of a player that doesn't perform like their cap hit dictates

that they should. No team is actually going to give up a prime asset to acquire a liability. If I'm wrong, we'll know it when Gillis picks up a top draft pick or a bigtime impact player in return for Lu. I don't see it happening. Check out the

Leafs boards and the Panthers boards. Their fans don't want him at all, that should tell you something.

I'm pretty sure Mike Gillis doesn't care what the fans say or think. If that was the case any Gm here wouldn't have a job. So unless Booth is investing into dogfighting or that Bear hunting is illigal who cares. It has nothing to do with us.

Kesler and Booth told the media they plan on working together in the off season to work on their chemistry when they never really had a chance to work on during the regular season.

Booth is not going anywhere he has not even a full season here. Gillis will stand by his decision. This whole bear thing is ridiculous. Unless you are a vegetarian or vegan then you can't say anything. People who order steak at a restaurant or at a grocery store and complain about hunting are hyprocrites. Eat meat that is hearded, cattled and slaughtered is way better.

Booth is not going anywhere he has not even a full season here. Gillis will stand by his decision. This whole bear thing is ridiculous. Unless you are a vegetarian or vegan then you can't say anything. People who order steak at a restaurant or at a grocery store and complain about hunting are hyprocrites. Eat meat that is hearded, cattled and slaughtered is way better.

Like I said, Booth should go to a slaughter house take a video and then show him buying it at a grocery store and post that. Then maybe people will get off his back. He did nothing wrong, he never broke the law. Only thing was that he under estimated the crazy in Vancouver.

Like I said, Booth should go to a slaughter house take a video and then show him buying it at a grocery store and post that. Then maybe people will get off his back. He did nothing wrong, he never broke the law. Only thing was that he under estimated the crazy in Vancouver.

Ballard contract is terrible. Luongo brings popularity, good and bad, and fans to a team. Elite top 5-10 level goaltending, sometimes even higher when he's 'on', and on a mid-ranged caphit. Teams would like him and his contract. It's a broken, unfair one, hence why the league got so sour on it. Why? Because it's cheap how they made the caphit low, and therefore awesome if you're the team that got away with it.

Booth is whatever. Decent top 6 guy.

No Chance Booth gets moved cause MG is trying to add more guys lie him to the team (Power Forward)

Either Lou or Shnieds has to be moved

Ballard value right now is not very high and unless there desperate to move him then dont count on it happening

No Chance Booth gets moved cause MG is trying to add more guys lie him to the team (Power Forward)

Either Lou or Shnieds has to be moved

Ballard value right now is not very high and unless there desperate to move him then dont count on it happening

Both of those teams are considered possible trade partners for Gillis and yet the fans over there seem to prefer the guys they already have.  If Luongo was truly the superstar he is always billed as, they would ship Reimer or Markstrom out of town in a second to acquire him.  It wouldn't even be a question.

If Booth appealed to the Ducks at all, I would trade him as part of a package for Perry in a heartbeat.

I am desperate to put a player like Perry on the Sedin line to totally screw up the opposition defensive theories. We saw signs with Bitz but let's face it Bitz just doesn't hit the scale at any 1st line level. Perry being fed by the Sedins and molesting the opposition goalies would be epic for our cup chances.

I am concerned that we have seen the best of Booth and he will become a millstone round our neck at $4.2 if we don't trade him while he is decent.

I see him slipping down to the third and maybe the 4th if he doesn't start playing his line mates in with early passes. We should have put him with the Sedins when Daniel came back against the Kings.

If Booth appealed to the Ducks at all, I would trade him as part of a package for Perry in a heartbeat.

I am desperate to put a player like Perry on the Sedin line to totally screw up the opposition defensive theories. We saw signs with Bitz but let's face it Bitz just doesn't hit the scale at any 1st line level. Perry being fed by the Sedins and molesting the opposition goalies would be epic for our cup chances.

I am concerned that we have seen the best of Booth and he will become a millstone round our neck at $4.2 if we don't trade him while he is decent.

I see him slipping down to the third and maybe the 4th if he doesn't start playing his line mates in with early passes. We should have put him with the Sedins when Daniel came back against the Kings.

Archived