The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's The Chances Booth, Ballard And Luongo Get Traded (Not All To The Same Team)?

Italia2006

Ballard---He's not going anywere. Not because Gillis won't want to move him but because no GM in their right

mind will take him right now. He's got a big cap hit and he's signed for, what, the next 3

years? He hasn't

shown anything to justify his contract so his trade value is nonexistant. The only thing that can really be done

with him is to play him again next year and

hope he returns to form.

Luongo---He's moveable, but its going to be tough. I still think people who are hoping for a top 10 pick or an

impact player are dreaming. I'm thinking something more along the lines of a second round pick would be a

good return for Lu.

The only player that possibly and probably will get traded is Luongo. No questions asked, anyone that doesn't see that is blind. Both Booth and Ballard have played great despite the consequences. It's a no brainer that the Canucks would keep Schneider over Luongo, as Luongo wouldn't want to be a back up and is willing to waive his no trade clause. I doubt they can sign both again.

I suspect MG will pull one or two surprise moves this summer and trade a player, or players, that we didn't see coming.

It all depends on which free agents come to Vancouver. If we did pick up Parise, Booth is surplus to requirements - Booth is not a 3rd./4th. line player.

I would rather see a first line right winger coming in to play with the twins, and a new second line centre coming in for Kes. When Kesler is fit, and only when he is 100% fit, I would like to see him play right wing on line 2.

Our D needs a shake up - will Salo sign again, retire or move? Will MG stun us all and move Edler or Bieksa, but not Ballard?

What will come our way for one of our goalies?

An interesting summer awaits!

I would trade Booth.

I would trade him now (because he had a decent season) and use him as a means to get Perry or Getzlaf for the Sedins.

How many times have we cried out for a tough presence in the top line..........but that tough presence HAS to be prolific too.

Booth and Raymond for Perry

I don't see Booth as being any better than Higgins, so we would have a 2nd line of Higgins - Kesler - Burrows.

Personally I would rather use Higgins + ? for Evander Kane.

I'd happily trade Ballard for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, then go looking at the UFA list for a cheaper top-4 defenceman who plays more physically and is much bigger.

Let Raymond walk, that's 7 million freed up, and sign Salo to 1 year for 1 million and make it 8 million more to play with and spend on maybe 2 quality defencemen.

I suspect MG will pull one or two surprise moves this summer and trade a player, or players, that we didn't see coming.

It all depends on which free agents come to Vancouver. If we did pick up Parise, Booth is surplus to requirements - Booth is not a 3rd./4th. line player.

I would rather see a first line right winger coming in to play with the twins, and a new second line centre coming in for Kes. When Kesler is fit, and only when he is 100% fit, I would like to see him play right wing on line 2.

Our D needs a shake up - will Salo sign again, retire or move? Will MG stun us all and move Edler or Bieksa, but not Ballard?

What will come our way for one of our goalies?

An interesting summer awaits!

why is Booth involved in this? I understand the rumours surrounding Luongo and Ballard is a bit much for what AV uses him for, but Booth? He played quite well here in his first year. He could have been better yes, but so could Kesler, Edler, Raymond, etc.

Booth (and Kesler for the matter) will come back next year looking to dominate that 2nd line. I see a good 40-60PTS+ for both of them (hopefully it will be even more)

why is Booth involved in this? I understand the rumours surrounding Luongo and Ballard is a bit much for what AV uses him for, but Booth? He played quite well here in his first year. He could have been better yes, but so could Kesler, Edler, Raymond, etc.

Booth (and Kesler for the matter) will come back next year looking to dominate that 2nd line. I see a good 40-60PTS+ for both of them (hopefully it will be even more)

no chance.

Luongo, Ballard and Booth all have more value to this team than they do on the trade market. If the Canucks move all 3, they will be weakening the organization.

Booth will be sticking around reguardless, as Im sure Gillis wants to see what he's capable of after coming in mentally prepared to play as a Canuck. It was a huge issue for him to be traded last season. Now that he's got some time to settle, focus, and adjust to the expectations of this market, hopefully we'll see some more consistent results. 16 goals in 56 games with a legnthy knee injury in mid season tells me that he could very well be capable of popping 30 if healthy, not to mention that hes probably our most physical forward, in terms of hitting quality, not just quantity.

"If" Parise signs in Vancouver (doubt it)... its more likley that someone else is moved or cut to make the cap room (Raymond + Malhotra + Alberts = 6.275 million)

Though I think the Canucks most pressing issue is a puck moving Dman capable of QBing the PP:

If we can fix the PP, we'll be just fine. SO important to convert PP chances in the post season. Having a threat from the point that can hit the net with regularity will be of major importance. Most people have thrown Gragnani under the bus, but Ive followed his carreer for a while now, and he's shown at every level that he can be a very, very good PPQB. He may be 25, (still quite young for a d-man) but he's had to play behind a relativley deep D in Buffalo and has yet to have the chance to addapt to the quickness of the NHL. Its likley how long a guy like Connaughton will take to adjust to the NHL aswell.

Hes recorded 47 goals, 159 assists, for 206 points in 283 AHL games. And 7 points in 7 games for Buffalo in last years playoffs. Thats some stellar production from the blueline. Canucks fans should have some patience with this kid, he might just turn out to be a beauty.

I still can't believe all the flack booth has been given over his bear hunting expedition. Hunting, fishing, camping...these are activities we associate with the "good ol BC boys" everyone loves. What do you guys think hamhuis, Webber, Willy Mitchell, et all do or did in their spare time growing up in northern bc?

We seem to love these small town bc boys, but when booth does the same thing we throw him under the bus? What the h e double hockey sticks?

I still can't believe all the flack booth has been given over his bear hunting expedition. Hunting, fishing, camping...these are activities we associate with the "good ol BC boys" everyone loves. What do you guys think hamhuis, Webber, Willy Mitchell, et all do or did in their spare time growing up in northern bc?

We seem to love these small town bc boys, but when booth does the same thing we throw him under the bus? What the h e double hockey sticks?

Lui almost cetrinatley gets moved. I think Booth will be here in October. Ballard won't be moved. At 4+ mil I just don't see a trading partner. Money aside he's not a bad dman. He finished the year strong. Still think he's better than Rome and Alberts.

Archived