The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

Luongo gave up almost 1/2 a goal a game more than Schneider in a tight NHL. What part of that don;t you people get ? You are spotting a team a lead when Lou's in goal.. over Schneider. If stats don;t matter then I;m glad that Lou lovers like TM085 don;t run this team !!

Luongo gave up almost 1/2 a goal a game more than Schneider in a tight NHL. What part of that don;t you people get ? You are spotting a team a lead when Lou's in goal.. over Schneider. If stats don;t matter then I;m glad that Lou lovers like TM085 don;t run this team !!

I want Luongo gone and replaced by Schneider but I'm not trying to make a case that goal tending is the only issue for the team and the only reason we lost to LA and last season to Boston and so on, and I would assume the others like me who want Schneider arent saying that either.There are other weaknesses that have to be addressed, but I believe Schneider will give the team a better chance than Luongo.

I want Luongo gone and replaced by Schneider but I'm not trying to make a case that goal tending is the only issue for the team and the only reason we lost to LA and last season to Boston and so on, and I would assume the others like me who want Schneider arent saying that either.There are other weaknesses that have to be addressed, but I believe Schneider will give the team a better chance than Luongo.

The fact is that, fans in Vancouver are always blaming the goalie (Luongo) on almost every loss. If we lose, it's the goalie's fault, if we win, the goalie had nothing to do with it. (majority of the time)....

People in Vancouver think that Schnieder is our saviour, he'll take us to the finals and win us a cup. I can almost gaurantee, that there will be a time soon enough that people are gonna say, "Man, if we had luongo, he could have won us that game... etc, etc."....

We all know that luongo is a proven starter and has been for the past 12 years and will be for the next 5-6 years (hopefully). I agree, losing luongo is gonna be a very big loss. Luongo has proven to carry the team at times when all other doors are closed shut. That two month stretch when the team wasn't doing jack all, it was luongo that carried the canucks with that brilliant record the canucks had.

Don't get me wrong here... Im a huge luongo fan, straight up, but I also support schnieder cuz he is one hell of a goalie.

Schnieder is built of athleticism just like quick, whereas, luongo plays off his size and plays big. Honestly, I believe Schnieds ever-ready... the only thing I want him to prove is, could he hold the load of starting 60+ games. That's all i'm concerned about.

Whatever decision gillis makes, I'll be really happy with it knowing that either goalie is a solid one!

Don't hate on my opinion but just thought i'd state it anyways!

I'm really excited to see what's gonna happen...

Nonetheless, Go Canucks Go!

Our Window and chance to win a championship is now...

Luongo gives us that best chance to do it, especially with the core of players we have now. The Sedins aren't getting any younger and their contracts are expiring in 2 years, Kesler goodness how long he can continue to stay healthy to play as a workhorse, Booth isn't getting any yonger, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Higgins, Edler, Hansen and Ballard the core are hitting their peaks now. The fact is that we aren't getting any younger, and our core players that we have now are the best chance we have to win. That window is slowly closing now...not saying the future isn't bright because it certainly is bright, but wont be as promising like this group we have now.

I believe that our chance is to win now...no I'm not going to pin my hopes to win the championship in 3-4 years down the road, I want to win now...and Luongo gives us that beset shot believe it or not.

Overall, this city is undeniably more comfortable with Schnieder, Vancouver will never forgive and never forget should he be traded and we continue with the same playoff disappointments of previous years. The way I see it, this is the biggest and only real deciding issue, we can argue endlessly about stats, chokes, trade returns or the mental states of our 2 tenders, but nothing changes, it's time, Canucks need to move on. Lu, goodbye and good luck.

you are literally too idiotic for words, Schneider is not going to be some miracle and never allow more than 2 goals a game when he takes over. He has played 68 games over 4 seasons, he will play more than that next year alone as the starter. If you think he's not going to have any bad games you're in for a real shock there buddy.

You probably started watching hockey last year during the cup run, that would explain alot. Over the last 2 seasons their stats are almost identical, and Luongo has played alot more games. if Schneider had played that many games I bet their stats would be equal. Hey maybe we should trade for Drew Mcintyre of the Islanders he only played 2 games and had a 1.40 GAA. HE MUST BE GOOD!

You are far too emotionally invested in Luongo to have this discussion. You prove it post after post.

Look, let me help you along. The Schneider/Luongo issue isn't about 1 thing or another. Most of us are capable of thinking in more than such singular simple thoughts. It isn't JUST about GAA, or composure, or salary, or age. It is about ALL of these things as a whole.

So drop the name calling when you're feeling hurt and grow up.

Archived