The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

you wait to long and other teams move on,Gillis by no means has all the cards in his hands as he needs to make a deal with one of the goalies and with rumours of Luongo declining teams already and public knowledge of his preferred destination being the panthers his value keeps on getting lower by the day

But Burke going to Vancouver rushing to get this done has logic. He wants Parise as well. The last thing he wants is to hang in the middle like how he lost out on Richards last year and settled for Connelly.

Edit: wait the comparison to last year is wrong,,, but you know what I mean.

Why does everyone care what Burke is doing when Luongo has said he doesn't want to go to Toronto? Quite frankly, Toronto would be a terrible fit for Luongo and he knows that full well. The fans and media in Vancouver are amateurs compared to Toronto. He would be run out of town within a year in Toronto and he knows it.

Why does everyone care what Burke is doing when Luongo has said he doesn't want to go to Toronto? Quite frankly, Toronto would be a terrible fit for Luongo and he knows that full well. The fans and media in Vancouver are amateurs compared to Toronto. He would be run out of town within a year in Toronto and he knows it.

Have you heard Lou say he will not go to Toronto? Until I hear him say it then it has not happened.

You may very well be the dumbest person on this forum. The equals sign with a dash through it means not equal to. It's idiotic fans like you who think we can get gold for garbage that give us a bad name. You REALLY must know nothing about the NHL at all. Raymond and Gragnani have very low value up against Petrovic and Mathias. As another poster responded earlier, Gragnani wasn't good enough to recieve a qualifying offer from us, and Raymond is bound to have a pay cut. There is no way these two get us a 3rd line center we needed, and a young defensive prospect out of FLA.

I really hope you learned something from this post, it just goes to show you aren't very knowledgable in matching value in trades.

Might wanna do your homework next time!

наилучшими пожеланиями,

Матушка Россия

I hate when these kinds of threads get put into one...

Personally, I prefer the multiple threads about the same player... I find it kind of tedious going to a thread where there are 10+ pages... 99% of the posts are useless and waste my time, and I have to sift through all the new ones just to find out there is nothing new and it is just people arguing with each other or making useless comments... Much easier to just click onto a new thread with a more specific title... I can click through 20 different threads to see the opening post in the same time as I can sift through a conjoined thread to find what I am looking for.. I like being able to just click a thread and see the opening post to see if there is any new info...

Just my preference... This is the first time I opened this thread in a couple of days I think (and I'm always on reading everything)...

I know Hockeyy Insiderr is considered as invalid source but I found this interesting:

@HockeyyInsiderr

#Leafs I can 100% confirm that another #Canucks player being discussed apart from Luongo is Mason Raymond. From sources within his family.

@HockeyyInsiderr

Another player the #Leafs would like included in the deal is #Canucks Yann Sauve.

@HockeyyInsiderr

The big piece that the #Canucks want going back from the #Leafs is Lupul. Sources unclear whether or not Burke is ready to accept this.

@HockeyyInsiderr

Another name #Canucks would like to get is Kulemin. #Leafs ready to part with him IF the deal is right.

@HockeyyInsiderr

Also, Burke would like to include Komisarek in the deal. Swap 2 bad contracts. Seems Gillis is ready to take him. #Leafs #Canucks

I'm so sick of this swapping 'bad contracts'. When one of the guys can singlehandedly get your team into the playoffs after you've been out for years it's not a bad contract. Toronto needs to shut up and and be thankful for Luongo. Guy's a beast.

Archived