Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Chances the "Russian Rocket" gets selected this year into the HHOF = 100%

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
212 replies to this topic

#211 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,254 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Jim Robson had some strong thoughts on Pavel Bure's HHOF nod, and on his relationship with the Canucks.

307mg00.jpg

#212 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

My ex used to do that...stand by the radio and listen to the games. Fact of the matter is...Canucks games weren't televised all that much back then believe it or not. Maybe not considered one of the the more premium teams/games or the eastern teams were favored more it seemed, and all the hockey games simply weren't televised. It was selective. So different now. The viewership Canucks attracts. The multiple mediums available to catch all the games. Too bad you couldn't catch Bure on tv or live...it's something else. One helluva exciting player to watch...none other since. He gets people to get off their chair whenever he touches the puck. The guy is in a league of his own...like Gretzky's league and Lemieux. HHOF players should do exhibition games...can't imagine how much those tix would cost and the viewership. We all always long to see those guys on the ice and see them play again.

This is just a testament to how electrifying Bure was. He could get a 9 year old kid to stand by the radio for 2.5 hours. I don't know if any other player could do that. The only time I got to see Bure play was when my Grandparents sent me VHS tapes. I would watch games that were 2 months old over and over and over again.

Times sure have changed since then.

Shiznak at his best: 

Considering their cap hit and age, I'd still take Bonino over Kesler. 

#213 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm so glad that he did get the call. He was a very explosive player that could shift the momentum of the game.
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.