The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

You are full of s*** fans only turned on Cloutier, messier, and well Lou. Don't know what your thinking with the rest? Sure AFTER they were not a Canuck any more some got booed when they came back but that was nothing to do with how they got treated as Canucks. Quit making up bs and support our new tender.

So, I was looking up some stats on NHL.com and I was just curious as to how different goalies stats vary according to the situation. It seems to be far more common to compare and contrast forwards/defensemen special teams stats, but we don't see the same comparisons with goalies.

For what its worth Cory Schneider was the best PK goalie in the NHL last year

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20122ALLGAGALL&sort=powerPlaySavePctg&viewName=specialTeamSaves

He had a .959 sv% on the PK then next comparable goalies would be:

Tuuka Rask: .923

Johan Hedberg: .921

Brian Elliot: .912

Martin Brodeur: ..911

Some might say that it is because of the Canucks PK unit being super good. For those people we can just look at Luongo's PK sv% which is .870 which is not quite the same...

Even with the best PK in the League last year both of NJD goalies had significantly worse PK sv% than schneider. I just thought that this was an interesting thing that nobody seems to have brought up.

Archived