The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buffalo - Lecavalier

Vancouver - Vanek

Tampa - Luongo

Obviously there would be more add ons to this three way but what do people think about these three guys as the center pieces? Suggestions of add ons? Just to summarize Vancouver gets a top line sniper to play with the sedins, Tampa gets a goalie who is proven to be a star, and the Sabres get the #1 center they've been looking for (not only a leader but could mentor hodgson). Apparently sabres have been shopping vanek in a trade for stastny so he's not untouchable, just unreal. All have big salaries, tampa and van would have to throw in extra pieces becauses Van is getting the best player, and tampa is trading the lesser of the three.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

I think Tampa has decided that they are going to give Lindback a go for this coming season.

If it were the case that they were open to getting Luongo, then this wouldn't be a bad proposal.

Vaneks contract is pretty scary, but it ends in 2 years, and I think he might sign at a smaller hit, somewhere around $6million.

Only real issue is that Buffalo is pretty close to the cap already, and I don't think they would want the extra 700k towards a player who isn't quite as good as what they are giving up.

I don't think I would take the deal as it is, but it is a interesting proposal that could easily be altered into something good.

Yzerman would be a hero to the Tampa organization and a villian to their fans if they got rid of Vinnys full NMC 7.8 mil dollar deal. The fans want him retired there as their franchise captain.

The team wants him out of there because hes going to become a third liner in 2 years and there is no way to get rid of that 7.8 mil cap hit or salary . You cant put him on waivers even.

I cant even imagine Sedins walking around as 3rd liner paying him 7.8 million until they are 40 with no hope of getting rid of the contracts. With Luongo he only has an NTC so we can threaten to bury him in the minors if he doesn't provide a list of teams to go to.

If Tampa can unload Vinny it will be a landmark victory for Yzerman but the fans will hate him for sure.

Vanek is skilled but overpaid and takes games off. He does not fit into our system and will suffer here much like Ballard does.

Would love to have Vanek to play with the Sedins, the guy is an absolute warrior, he takes tonnes of abuse in front of the net but actually has the ability to put the puck in the net on a consistent basis. Can't blame him for his salary as EDM offered sheeted him but don't think he would fit financially here.

IF Yzerman hadn't traded for Lindback and was interested in Lou then I think a three team trade would be very intriguing for these teams. All have big contract players. Tampa needed a goalie, Buffalo needs a center, Vancouver needs a second line right winger. I definitely could see buffalo interested in LeCavalier.

Here is a variation:

To TB: Hodgson, Luongo

To Buf: LeCavalier, Vancouver 1st rounder, Tanev

To Van: Pominville

Why for Tampa:

Hodgson replaces Vinny in the lineup and plays beside his friend and former teammate Stamkos. Lou becomes a force in the net and the team also saves cap space and money.

Why for Buffalo:

A big, strong, captain material center is their #1 need. The value of LeCavalier differs in many people's minds but I think Vancouver needs to add pieces to make it more fair which is why they add Tanev and the 1st.

Why for Vancouver:

Pominville would be a dream player to go with Booth and Kesler on the second line. Top notch Canadian player who can score and assist.

IF Yzerman hadn't traded for Lindback and was interested in Lou then I think a three team trade would be very intriguing for these teams. All have big contract players. Tampa needed a goalie, Buffalo needs a center, Vancouver needs a second line right winger. I definitely could see buffalo interested in LeCavalier.

Here is a variation:

Why for Tampa:

Hodgson replaces Vinny in the lineup and plays beside his friend and former teammate Stamkos. Lou becomes a force in the net and the team also saves cap space and money.

Why for Buffalo:

A big, strong, captain material center is their #1 need. The value of LeCavalier differs in many people's minds but I think Vancouver needs to add pieces to make it more fair which is why they add Tanev and the 1st.

Why for Vancouver:

Pominville would be a dream player to go with Booth and Kesler on the second line. Top notch Canadian player who can score and assist.

Here is a variation:

Why for Tampa:

Why for Buffalo:

Why for Vancouver:

This is a solid proposal! Vanek with the twins would be beastly!

But i think Tampa is gonna have Lindback as their starter next year so how about this deal instead:

Canucks:

T. Vanek

Sabres:

V. Lecavalier

2013 3rd Rounder (VAN)

Panthers:

R. Luongo

2013 2nd Rounder (TBL)

Lightning:

B. Campbell

Archived