The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Movie: Where son/daughter meets father for first time?

Burnsey

Hello there.

I'm looking for a movie where a son/daughter and father meet for the first time after an extended amount of time apart. To be more specific, a movie where the father abandoned his son/daughter and they meet.

Any help would be great. I am newly graduate from a media course and am thinking about making a short film about the same topic. Just want to get a little research done first.

Depends on the circumstances you are looking for. I saw this movie a while ago, and it has an interesting take:

MV5BMTc4OTEyMTk3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjU2NTY2._V1._SY317_.jpg

There are 4 generations involved. There is a widowed father and his young son, living with the boy's great-grandfather (Michael Caine). Then the grandfather of the child (Christopher Walken) suddenly shows up, after being gone for years. So you get both the interaction of an elderly father with his estranged son, a new father with his own estranged father, and a young boy meeting his grandfather for the very first time.

The movie leads up to why Walken left in the first place. It's a bit slow of a movie at times, but has a good story, and some interesting scenes.

Gardens of the Night.  A girl is abducted and lives with her abductor, Tom Arnold, for many years.  Eventually she gets back to her parents.  A very sad movie but an interesting story about how she can't fit back into her old life.  While she was kidnapped she believed her parents had abandoned her.

Guest BuckFoston

I like how the OP's "research" is putting up a question on CDC, then sitting back and letting everyone else provide the "research." CDC is the new Wikipedia.

What about, Igby Goes Down. Doesn't meat his father for the first time but finds out who his father is.

Also Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. There's an episode where Will meets his father, who quickly abandons him again.

Archived