The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nash doesn't want to go to Canada

In fairness to Steve Nash - he is 37 years old, and his only option to play in Canada is the Toronto Raptors, who are as likely to make the playoffs as the Leafs - going nowhere fast - and Nash has never won a Championship. His decision is as understandable as if Shane Doan decides to sign with a contender.

Rick Nash on the other hand... I don't care much what he wants to be honest. IMO he is in a class with Heatley, Spezza, Thornton (not exactly the top wrung of Canadian character players). I'm just glad all this has brought the Nash to Vancouver proposals to a halt. I'd take a guy like Doan or Morrow over Nash in an instant.

Oh please! Nash has been probably the most dominant power-forward in the NHL since Bertuzzi plowed that guy who wouldn't fight him! Interestingly, a dominant power-forward is exactly the player we've needed since exactly the same time...

And, Nash is right now the 16th highest paid player in the NHL. 16! The most dominant power-forward in the game should be a lot closer to #1 than 16, seeing as it's the most sought-after position after #1 Center.

Oh yeah, and Nash is 28 - and his contract only runs for 6 more seasons. Yeah, so it's just absolutely ridiculous paying a (dominant) player until his early-30's!

Archived