The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Toronto and New Jersey Available)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Once people learn to start taking compliments and insults with a grain of salt, the league will function properly.

I'm not a FH vet by any means but I've been on these boards and I creeped Fantasy for enough time to know that McCabe and Strachan weren't always these "douchebags" you guys believe them to be. You guys need to realize that they started off in an era with the likes of Shawn Rocker, Bionic Bunny and The Ehrhoff Effect who would be just as relentless as they are to you guys now.

McCabe was once an equivalent to a UMB/DMND. Probably made some dumb trades and annoyed people but the part where he acted differently is that he probably didn't take half of the insults and comments directed at him to heart.

And with that said, I can probably say a lot of that is through age. A lot of these new GMs are young but they're learning. The best thing to do is to put up with them and help them grow so that this board can perhaps create a core of good GMs. The outlook doesn't look great now but it doesn't mean it can't get better.

----------------

TL;DNR

- New GMs: Suck it up and take things with a grain of salt. Learn from mistakes and learn the tendencies

- Old GMs: Patience. I understand its Fantasy Hockey and you don't want to be bothered with the stupidity of the new guys but if you want the old days to come back, you might have to try and convert what you have.

--------------------------

TL;DNR

- New GMs: Suck it up and take things with a grain of salt. Learn from mistakes and learn the tendencies

- Old GMs: Patience. I understand its Fantasy Hockey and you don't want to be bothered with the stupidity of the new guys but if you want the old days to come back, you might have to try and convert what you have.

-Mash: Stay golden, you beautiful bastard.

Once people learn to start taking compliments and insults with a grain of salt, the league will function properly.

I'm not a FH vet by any means but I've been on these boards and I creeped Fantasy for enough time to know that McCabe and Strachan weren't always these "douchebags" you guys believe them to be. You guys need to realize that they started off in an era with the likes of Shawn Rocker, Bionic Bunny and The Ehrhoff Effect who would be just as relentless as they are to you guys now.

McCabe was once an equivalent to a UMB/DMND. Probably made some dumb trades and annoyed people but the part where he acted differently is that he probably didn't take half of the insults and comments directed at him to heart.

And with that said, I can probably say a lot of that is through age. A lot of these new GMs are young but they're learning. The best thing to do is to put up with them and help them grow so that this board can perhaps create a core of good GMs. The outlook doesn't look great now but it doesn't mean it can't get better.

----------------

TL;DNR

Yeah man. I also groomed a lot of GM's, but the one thing I also find is that some people 'only' participate in sim leagues, and don't take it to the next level in a 30gm fantasy pool. The hardest league to play in. In sim leagues you could fluke your way to victory. In fantasy pools it requires a lot of skill in drafting and trading. In sim leagues you can just take the Chicago Blackhawks and trade their entire farm and become stacked.

Yeah man. I also groomed a lot of GM's but not so much now. One thing I also find is that some people 'only' participate in sim leagues, and don't take it to the next level in a 30gm fantasy pool. The hardest league to play in. In sim leagues you could fluke your way to victory. In fantasy pools it requires a lot of skill in drafting and trading. In sim leagues you can just take the Chicago Blackhawks and trade their entire farm and become stacked.

Yeah man. I also groomed a lot of GM's but not so much now. One thing I also find is that some people 'only' participate in sim leagues, and don't take it to the next level in a 30gm fantasy pool. The hardest league to play in. In sim leagues you could fluke your way to victory. In fantasy pools it requires a lot of skill in drafting and trading. In sim leagues you can just take the Chicago Blackhawks and trade their entire farm and become stacked.

But does that pool have 30 GM's that have to stay under the cap, that do in-depth homework on players (RE: trades, signings), have 30 knowledgeable GM's and are as competitive? So much harder when you're playing with 30 knowledgeable GM's with stricter guidelines. You haven't played a fantasy pool, until you've played one on CDC.

But does that pool have 30 GM's that have to stay under the cap, that do in-depth homework on players (RE: trades, signings), have 30 knowledgeable GM's and are as competitive? So much harder when you're playing with 30 knowledgeable GM's with stricter guidelines. You haven't played a fantasy pool, until you've played one on CDC.

Archived