The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

carlweezer

I agree at $6M on a 4 year it gets a bit scarey. Of course, that also depends on how they structure it and how much is front-loaded. The current CBA allows the Nucks some room to be creative.

I think Gilman has a pretty good handle on the cap issues and what is likely to come out of the new CBA so have no worries about how they will manage to fit in the "core" players as their contract some up.

One of the problems with waiting for next year's crop of FA's is, you don't know who will still be available, if they will be the right fit or how much they will cost. Doan looks to be available, he is a proven commodity the Nucks lack and they know how much he will cost (we don't yet). To me, it's worth the gamble. I woudl love to see our top 6 play with the confidence and aggression a player like Doan would allow. No more speed punching Hank or taking liberties with our talent. That alone would be worth every penny. The fact Doan can also score is a huge bonus.

Edler is "entitled to a massive raise"???? That throws out your theory right there. Other than the fact all salaries escalate over time, Edler hasn't done anything to even justify the salary he is making now, let alone be "entitled" to receive a "massive" raise.

You are deluding yourself if you think Doana is an "enforcer" of any kind .. he will only fight to defend himself, and only if he is cornered .. have you not watched him play?? .. the sheer idiocy on these boards lately has reached an all time zenith .. :picard:

Edler is "entitled to a massive raise"???? That throws out your theory right there. Other than the fact all salaries escalate over time, Edler hasn't done anything to even justify the salary he is making now, let alone be "entitled" to receive a "massive" raise.

Yeah I don't know about that neighbour. Detroit hasnt really been a threat for quite a few years and when they were they had a pretty stacked line up inluding a Steve Y and Nick L...We don't have either nor any of equal Caliber. Those were big time leaders on the ice.....and THAT is what we lack. Hence the Doan threads.

Lmao @ the thought of Gillis offering Doan a 4yr. 6 million per season contract. This really doesn't make sense . I'm no Gillis expert , but this doesn't seem like something he would do . My thinking is 3 yrs. at the most and 4.5-5 million per .

1) The cap is likely to go up at least 4million

2) Other players with be dumped to help afford Burrows and Edler (Malholtra,Raymond etc)

3) I don't think Burrows is going to ask for rediculous money considering what Vancouver did for him. We took a chance on him, after he went undrafted and put him on a line with our two best play-makers. He should count his blessings before asking for Parise money.

I never said he was an "enforcer". MG and AV don't believe in such a player and in the playoffs, they are useless.

I'm talking about a player who hits hard and will retaliate on cheap shots/hits to his teammates. I have watched him and seen this. This is far more effective than a "fighter" or "enforcer" largely because he is on the ice with your top players while the inftraction is taking place, unlike a 4th line goon.

Doan would not likely have fought Marchand when he was abusing Hank, but at some point, he would have run him and his ugly little rat face through the boards. Other teams know this and are less likely to take liberties. We have no-one on our roster that will send that message or play that role. If you don't see that kind of player as a need, you are the delusional one.

1) The cap is likely to go up at least 4million

2) Other players with be dumped to help afford Burrows and Edler (Malholtra,Raymond etc)

3) I don't think Burrows is going to ask for rediculous money considering what Vancouver did for him. We took a chance on him, after he went undrafted and put him on a line with our two best play-makers. He should count his blessings before asking for Parise money.

That being said, i hope people here don't think Doan is some sortof superhero or saviour.

Just remembering how Sundin was supposed to be great for us. Yeah, no. Doan's not quite as done as Sundin was, but he's also slowing down. The biggest benefit of getting Doan would be tapping into the league-wide respect that comes with him.

That being said, i hope people here don't think Doan is some sortof superhero or saviour.

Just remembering how Sundin was supposed to be great for us. Yeah, no. Doan's not quite as done as Sundin was, but he's also slowing down. The biggest benefit of getting Doan would be tapping into the league-wide respect that comes with him.

Ballard, Raymond, Luongo, Alberts, and maybe Malhotra are gonna be gone ( Unless he takes a discount)

That's more than $15 million gone. Lots of money to sign players.

Hansen about $2-$3 million.

Edler for about $5-$6 million

Burrows about $4 million

Lapierre about $1.5-$2 million

Higgins about $3 million

Tanev about $1.5$-2.5 million

Archived