Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#61 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

1) source? you think the cap will go out after the lockout?? that seems backwards doesnt it? Cap will stay the same then eventually go down next year is best case scenario.
2) yes other players will be dumped but those players need to be replaced. and you need to pay those players as well.
3) He wont ask for Parise money but considering Burr and his scoring the last few yrs I think he will get at least 4mil.

1)Wrong, the cap definately won't go down, and it definately hasn't peaked yet.
2)I don't know how highly you value Raymond and Malholtra as hockey players but for me, finding a replacement won't be too difficult...
3)4mil is completely reasonable for Burrows and it doesn't handcuff at all.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#62 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thats exactly what TEAM 1040 said this morning,

Im going to paraphrase but something along the lines of

( we know what Doan can bring for the Canucks but what can the Canucks bring to Doan, stanley cup contender? theres about 4 teams that can provide that. Also will Doan, who is a respected man in the nhl want to be part of all the finger pointing/biting, diving, whining fans that run their greatest goalie of of town, that have come with being a vancouver canuck. Thres a reason why the canucks are the most hated team in the league, will Doan want to be part of that? )

I think were the most hated team because we chirp a lot. Lapierre accompanied by Kes and Burrows could drive anyone crazy :P

AND COULD YOU IMAGINE GETTING BEAKED BY THE HONEY BADGER :lol:
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#63 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Ballard, Raymond, Luongo, Alberts, and maybe Malhotra are gonna be gone ( Unless he takes a discount)
That's more than $15 million gone. Lots of money to sign players.

Hansen about $2-$3 million.
Edler for about $5-$6 million
Burrows about $4 million
Lapierre about $1.5-$2 million
Higgins about $3 million
Tanev about $1.5$-2.5 million

so 15 million free cap space... I will take the best case scenario and use all your suggested salaries(lowest ones)

Hansen 2mil + Edler 5mil + Burr 4mil + Lappy 1.5mil + Higgins 3mil plus Tanev 1.5 mil = 17 million.

PLUS! on the roster you need to replace Ballard as a 3rd pairing Dman, Raymond who is top 9 forward- Malhotra as a 3rd/4th line centre who kills penalties and takes defensive faceoffs, Alberts who is first off the press box in case we dont have a miracle season and everyone on defence stays healthy for 82 games.

That will cost you another hmm, 5 mil? 4 mil if you want to load up on rookies and roll the dice... so 17 plus 5 = 22 which = 7 mil over the current cap space.

#64 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

I think were the most hated team because we chirp a lot. Lapierre accompanied by Kes and Burrows could drive anyone crazy :P

AND COULD YOU IMAGINE GETTING BEAKED BY THE HONEY BADGER :lol:

No we are the most hated team because we Dive, we bite fingers and we point fingers at scapegoats every year.

#65 Aestheticon67

Aestheticon67

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Its by by Raymond! Burrows isnt going anywhere and neither is Edler!

bye
Daniel Sedin when not playing for his national team, passes it up to Pavol Demitra gathering speed through the neutral zone to battle in deep, a quick centering feed to Henrik Sedin as he dazzles the D and slides it under Patrick Lalime. Dany Sabourin stones Sami Kapanen who tried the wraparound but was denied by the paddle down. Sidney Crosby was taught how to win at hockey by Ziggy Palffy.

#66 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

I love how people overthink things so much on the forum. Believe it or not, a year is a long time down the road.

The only thing I'd be worrying about is the bargaining agreement, but that will affect ALL teams, not just ours. A lot of players, especially the ones finishing their contracts next year (Edler and Burrows included) would likely have to take pay cuts if the cap goes down substantially.

EDIT: All those long contracts teams have signed players too will bite them in the butt,

Edited by The Lock, 01 August 2012 - 12:03 PM.

This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#67 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

The way I see it, if funds were that big of an issue, MG wouldn't be offering Doan anything, instead, concentrating on the Lou deal. It's obvious, to me at least, that MG knows a little bit more than we do about the situation and has a plan moving forward. I think all the doubters out there should have a little more faith in our GM and let him do his job.

#68 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

I don't think MG is thinking that by signing Doan (if he does) he's already ruled out having Edler and Burrows in Canucks uniforms next year. Obviously he feels confident in resigning these guys after next season, or even during the season.

#69 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Next year when Edler and Burr need new contracts

Canuck fans drooling over the possibility of a new toy, happens every year, i even read posts about why we didnt sign alex semin or should we go after andrei kostitsyn? To be fair i do believe that Doan is a piece that we could sorely use, a tough rugged leader. However to pay him 6 mil or more for 4 years would be absoloutely bonkers!

" well our window is closing and we need to win now".. This is garbage because if a team is ran properly thru drafting and economical free agent signing well then there is no window. Just ask the red wings, i guess their window is 15 to 20 yrs?

We have 2.5 mil left on our cap, if we sign Doan to a 6 mil contract it will put us 3.5 mil over the cap. "well we can trade lu for picks and prospects" if you think gillis is getting low balled now on lu offers what do you think other gms will offer when they know we need to get rid of 4 mil in 3 weeks? This is why teams rarely go over the cap in the summer because other teams will rape them in trade offers.

Speaking of windows, our team strength the last 2 president trophy years have been our depth and not just the sedins. How do you propose we compete next season when we wont be able to afford Edler and Burrows who are both entitled to massive raises. Not to mention Lappy, higgins, Raymond are all ufa and Tanev an rfa. ??

I can also see it now this time next year " mg is the worst gm!! Why isnt he signing free agents on the market!!"

This will be the headlines next summer when canuck fans are left out of the party and sweepstakes. W. big name players like getzlaf,perry,iginla,morrow,hartnell,semin,Lupul,roy,zajac,clowe are all on the market as free agents!!

I will be the first to welcome doan w. Open arms if he signs but im not so sure its not a better idea if we wait 1 more summer for players on the same mold that are younger and would cost less (zajac, clowe,hartnell)

Ummm there's salary to dump to pay elder and burrows or one of them. Ballard, Raymond, maholtra etc

#70 Konman

Konman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Next year when Edler and Burr need new contracts

Canuck fans drooling over the possibility of a new toy, happens every year, i even read posts about why we didnt sign alex semin or should we go after andrei kostitsyn? To be fair i do believe that Doan is a piece that we could sorely use, a tough rugged leader. However to pay him 6 mil or more for 4 years would be absoloutely bonkers!

" well our window is closing and we need to win now".. This is garbage because if a team is ran properly thru drafting and economical free agent signing well then there is no window. Just ask the red wings, i guess their window is 15 to 20 yrs?

We have 2.5 mil left on our cap, if we sign Doan to a 6 mil contract it will put us 3.5 mil over the cap. "well we can trade lu for picks and prospects" if you think gillis is getting low balled now on lu offers what do you think other gms will offer when they know we need to get rid of 4 mil in 3 weeks? This is why teams rarely go over the cap in the summer because other teams will rape them in trade offers.

Speaking of windows, our team strength the last 2 president trophy years have been our depth and not just the sedins. How do you propose we compete next season when we wont be able to afford Edler and Burrows who are both entitled to massive raises. Not to mention Lappy, higgins, Raymond are all ufa and Tanev an rfa. ??

I can also see it now this time next year " mg is the worst gm!! Why isnt he signing free agents on the market!!"

This will be the headlines next summer when canuck fans are left out of the party and sweepstakes. W. big name players like getzlaf,perry,iginla,morrow,hartnell,semin,Lupul,roy,zajac,clowe are all on the market as free agents!!

I will be the first to welcome doan w. Open arms if he signs but im not so sure its not a better idea if we wait 1 more summer for players on the same mold that are younger and would cost less (zajac, clowe,hartnell)

First off Burrows is a great player for the money. I'd rather have him than Doan.
Second off, as if we'd get rid of Edler......please stop the glue trip you are annoying everyone who has to read your crap.

#71 Konman

Konman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Knowledge is knowing about the salary cap; wisdom is not believing you know very much about it.

Great quote. Perfect, exactly how I feel about this post.

#72 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

HMMMMM I think you might be on to something..... who knows where the cap is gonna be

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($6.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / BURROWS NEW CONTRACT ($4.000m)
HIGGINS NEW CONTRACT ($2.750m) / LAPIERE NEW CONTRACT ($2.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
EDLER NEW CONTRACT ($5.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
TANEV NEW CONTRACT ($1.750m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,370,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (16-man roster): $6,830,000

BINGO!

Almost 7 mil to fill in a back-up goalie, 6th defenceman and 3-4 4th line type players.

With Schoreder, Jensen, Gaunce, Connauton, Sauve possibly ready to step in on ELC's we have more than enough room.

Ballard is the only one we would have to find a trading partner for. Malhotra/Raymond gone as UFA's unless either can show they've regained their top form.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#73 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

No we are the most hated team because we Dive, we bite fingers and we point fingers at scapegoats every year.

Every team dives to a certain extent, Burrows bit one finger and was able to laugh about it after. It's not like every game we have a 'bite their best player's fingers' strategy.

And I didn't know letting a player know he was under performing was against the law, how does the make us a hated team anyway? Maybe from a player's stand point but team vs team? I don't think so.

When Luongo got lit up two year's in a row against Chicago, why would anyone say "good job, those goals weren't your fault" because if you watch the tape there was no screen and they were routine saves in the playoffs.
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#74 supermanbieksa

supermanbieksa

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I agree with you that we shouldn't sign Doan at 6$ for 4years, but if we did i hope Gillis is smart enough to trade Luongo before that happens.

And i do think we should trade Luongo for picks and prospects, because out prospect pool isn't that deep, not even top 20 in the league.

If not so i would lile to se a trade where we just trade luongo for a top six winger. And then we don't need to sign Doan at all.

#75 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Edler and burrows will combined be paid around 9.5 million next yr. How do we fit that in the cap if we sign Doan 6 mil a year??? Also with the lockout impending dont be surprised if the cap goes down 5 mil!

What are you even talking about? The salary cap has never gone down, not even after the last lockout. The NHL has never been more financially secure than it is right now. Do you really think the NHL would penalize teams spending to the cap limit by making them cut player salaries to meet a lowered salary cap?

Give this man a napkin to wipe his drivel.

#76 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,229 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

The Kings are now the most hated team in the league, imo. Guaranteed their schedule will be tougher than ours this coming season.
Posted Image

#77 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

" well our window is closing and we need to win now".. This is garbage because if a team is ran properly thru drafting and economical free agent signing well then there is no window. Just ask the red wings, i guess their window is 15 to 20 years

Detroits window slammed shut the day lidstrom retired and they failed to acquire Nash or Suter or parise.....you'll see a team very similar to the maple leafs this year, but I have faith Babcock is good enough to make them competitive for 7th-11th-ish

#78 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

You can only think that MG is pulling out all the stops to sign Doan BECAUSE HE WILL MAKE THE CAP WORK. Following the OP logic, we should be afraid of the cap and pass on the opportunity to win a Stanley.

Sure glad you aren't running the organization man!

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#79 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Depth is only valuable if you have the right pieces to begin with. The Nucks don't!!! Doan fills a need that the last 2 years have shown the Nucks sorely need.
Kassian is a few years away from filling the role of power forward and the Sedins will likely be lesser players by the time he is ready.
Doan on a 3 yr deal makes great sense for this core group and their chance to get a cup.

Very well said; the Canucks have the pieces to play the regular season game but when the pressure's on their lack of size gets them pushed around. Doan should prove valuable as a leader on the ice, where he can throw his weight around and provide that extra physical push, not to mention an added offensive punch that could very well be needed to get the team to the top when it matters most.

As well, along with the aforementioned moving of Lu's $5.3 (probably as cap dump), Raymond's $2.275 (after this season he's UFA), Manny's $2.5 (UFA, probably replaced by Alex Friesen as checking center) and Ballard's $4.2 likely getting moved too as a result of taking Shane's salary (if he comes these moves free up $14M and change) the team has enough up-and-coming rookies who would at least be serviceable at the NHL level lower down in the ranks that the team should still be able to keep all of the core pieces even after signing Doan and stay competitive for at least a couple of seasons. I'm sure that management will have the best intentions and be able to make it work.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#80 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Lmao @ the thought of Gillis offering Doan a 4yr. 6 million per season contract. This really doesn't make sense . I'm no Gillis expert , but this doesn't seem like something he would do . My thinking is 3 yrs. at the most and 4.5-5 million per .

I don't know about that . Remember Sundin's contract offer 20 million for 2 years!!!

#81 iceman70

iceman70

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

This is my first post. My speculations is that the cap will go up, and that the new CBA agreement will either limit the number of years a contract can be, or more likely that the front loading contract loophole will get closed. Therefor no more Parise, Suter, or Weber contracts with huge signing Bonuses.

#82 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Really so there is a survey that would confirm we are the most hated team. Through what Eastern Media, or Boston Media? I will admit Vancouver players are not angels but before you call them the most hated team maybe you should open your eyes abit and look around the league. For the most hated team as you claim to be , Tell me the last Canuck player that was suspended for their play during the REGULAR SEASON?
Wasn't it Boston Bruin Marc Savard who bite Dan Carcillo's finger the year before Burrows? Or maybe you should ask Ryan Miller what he thinks about Lucic? Or did you forget What Marchant did to Salo? Are you going to believe the Bruins management and coaching staff that Marchant was only defending himself? How about Andrew Ference flipping the bird at the Montreal fans. Who does Andrew Ference play for Carl? Or are you really going to believe it was unintentional? But somehow you believe that we are the most hated team in the league? You think were the only team that doesn't dive or get cocky like the Oilers of the 80's. Lets be honest here Carl. Every team dives or tries to get the advantage any way they can. Period!
We are the only city that point scapegoats ??? Your kidding! Unlike Montreal , Toronto, or even Boston. Again speaking of Boston Carl ..Weren't they the ones that complained about Vancouver using the media so they can get a suspension out of Marchant but yet wasn't it Boston using the media believing Vancouver as the most dirtest team in the league in the finals? Funny how Chicago,Nashville or even San jose never complained about how Vancouver was playing against them!

Edited by canacks1970, 01 August 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#83 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

:picard:

The Sedins have been waiting for years for a big winger capable of playing with them.

Burrows does an admirable job complimenting them. But as a line they are dead once they loose the puck because with 3 185 lb'ers they cant win the puck back or play D against big match ups. We need a big wing who can do what Burrows does, or we have to start splitting the Sedins to avoid ongoing match up problems. More teams are already realizing stacking their big guys on them is the Twin solution.

And if Doan plays right wing what do you do with Booth? We already have Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Jensen on our left wing depth chart...

[quote,name='The Brahma Bull' timestamp='1343840392' post='10821107']
Burrows is incredible with the Sedins. I doubt Doan meshes that well with them. I see Doan beasting with Kesler on the 2nd line.
[/quote]

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 01 August 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#84 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

How did Lack get in to this picture....lol

#85 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

:picard:

The Sedins have been waiting for years for a big winger capable of playing with them.

Burrows does an admirable job complimenting them. But as a line they are dead once they loose the puck because with 3 185 lb'ers they cant win the puck back or play D against big match ups. We need a big wing who can do what Burrows does, or we have to start splitting the Sedins to avoid ongoing match up problems. More teams are already realizing stacking their big guys on them is the Twin solution.

And if Doan plays right wing what do you do with Booth? We already have Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Jensen on our left wing depth chart...

If Doan plays withe the Sedins, Booth likely plays with Kesler and Burrows.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#86 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,355 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

This is my first post. My speculations is that the cap will go up, and that the new CBA agreement will either limit the number of years a contract can be, or more likely that the front loading contract loophole will get closed. Therefor no more Parise, Suter, or Weber contracts with huge signing Bonuses.

I've been thinking about this too. I feel the limit might be 6-7 years.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#87 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

More like bye bye Raymond.
Posted Image

#88 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,229 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hey, Shane Doan is very religious i hear.

Let's hi-jack this thread and get it locked up like the Manny Malhotra Gay Pride Parade thread too.

On second thought, let's not and say we did.

I figured that thread would be locked up quick. Not because CDC is pathetic, but because people in general are pathetic. Speaking broadly, of course.
Posted Image

#89 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hey, Shane Doan is very religious i hear.

Let's hi-jack this thread and get it locked up like the Manny Malhotra Gay Pride Parade thread too.

On second thought, let's not and say we did.

I figured that thread would be locked up quick. Not because CDC is pathetic, but because people in general are pathetic. Speaking broadly, of course.

The people deserve a second chance.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#90 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

next year we'll get rid of the overpaid plugs (raymond, ballard and Malhotra) and replace them with cheaper more 'bang for your buck' type players on their entry level contracts!

I'm talking of course of:

1) Nicklas Jensen who would already be more effective than Mason 'I belong on Disney on ice' Raymond.
2) Kevin Connauton who, I mean lets face it, can't be any worse than Keith 'livin the dream in the dog house' Ballard.
3) Brendan Gaunce who is already physically ready and mature can certainly handle 3rd line duties next year replacing the need for Manny 'I played with Gretzky ::D ' Malhotra.

All three of these young studs will be cheaper as they will be on their entry level contracts, more effective, and add much youth and energy to a Canucks team that, I mean lets face it, as of right now belongs in a retirement home. Getting rid of the plugs will then provide us the cap to resign such players as Burrows and Edler.

Problem solved.

The end...... You're welcome.

Edited by 6OH!4, 01 August 2012 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.