#61 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

LOL do not fire DJ DAVE.

Seriously cut down ticket prices and for sure the arena is going to get louder.

That'll happen.

"Hey, Mr. Aquillini! You know that hockey team you own, the one that sells out every game possible and have for a number of years? You should definitely lower ticket prices and lose a bunch of money, because that might make the arena they play in slightly louder."

He didn't get to own an NHL franchise because he is stupid.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#62 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

with lower ticket prices the games might actually sell out, instead of being "sold out"

#63 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

with lower ticket prices the games might actually sell out, instead of being "sold out"

How much of an impact do you really think that has?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#64 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

How much of an impact do you really think that has?

on what? what do you mean?

#65 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

on what? what do you mean?

How many tickets in how many games do you think it happens? I assume you mean the team buying out unsold tickets to ensure sell-outs.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#66 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

How many tickets in how many games do you think it happens? I assume you mean the team buying out unsold tickets to ensure sell-outs.

most regular season canucks games aren't actually sold out. as far as i'm aware the "sellout" statistic is based on tickets distributed, not actually purchased by the end consumer. that's why on the night of virtually every canucks home game there is a "tickets just released" announcement, and those rarely all sell out. yeah, most of them are singles and it's not a huge number, but i still refuse to acknowledge the sellout streak as a real thing.

#67 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

most regular season canucks games aren't actually sold out. as far as i'm aware the "sellout" statistic is based on tickets distributed, not actually purchased by the end consumer. that's why on the night of virtually every canucks home game there is a "tickets just released" announcement, and those rarely all sell out. yeah, most of them are singles and it's not a huge number, but i still refuse to acknowledge the sellout streak as a real thing.

Good for you. The point was actually whether they legitimately sell-out 400 and something consecutive games or not, the point is that they have no problem selling tickets, thus have no reason to lower ticket prices.

Simple supply and demand. High demand + limited supply = high prices.

I don't know of many others things I'd rather spend $100 of disposable income on, personally.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#68 tas

tas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Good for you. The point was actually whether they legitimately sell-out 400 and something consecutive games or not, the point is that they have no problem selling tickets, thus have no reason to lower ticket prices.

Simple supply and demand. High demand + limited supply = high prices.

I don't know of many others things I'd rather spend $100 of disposable income on, personally.

oh, don't get me wrong, i wasn't saying it made fiscal sense to reduce ticket prices.

#69 DW23

DW23

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

I don't understad why there is no noise during the games. not Rogers Arena particularly. I mean all the NHL stadiums

over here, we have people with drums ans flags and a "fan corner" with hardcores who usually get tickets from team. they are starting team songs, wave flags etc

obviously, I don't know about the rules in Canada but I was usually no even allowed to bring in a tennant or a small flag.

I think they should "create" a corner for hardcore fans and give them tickes to every home game. then they should bring flags, posters, drums etc to every game and get paid to create noise

but that's just me

sig courtesy of luongorox

#70 StenMan.EXE

StenMan.EXE

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Here's another idea on noise in the arena: Let fans who bring noisemakers to the arena use them.

2 years ago, i went to a game against Florida, and i brought my blowhorn, wooden rattler and drum with me to the game and had no problems, used them all at appropriate times, and all the fans around me loved my noise.
Last year, i went to a game against Winnipeg and i brought the same items with me and had to spend like 8-10 minutes, talking and negotiating with security and like 3-4 host service people just to be able allowed to have it in the building, let alone be able to use it. Fortunately, i was allowed, and all people it loved it, even the Jets fans.

A lot of hockey arenas are seeming to be banning noise in arenas and it ruins the fun and atmosphere of the games. Its a hockey game, not theatre.

#71 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Here's another idea on noise in the arena: Let fans who bring noisemakers to the arena use them.

2 years ago, i went to a game against Florida, and i brought my blowhorn, wooden rattler and drum with me to the game and had no problems, used them all at appropriate times, and all the fans around me loved my noise.
Last year, i went to a game against Winnipeg and i brought the same items with me and had to spend like 8-10 minutes, talking and negotiating with security and like 3-4 host service people just to be able allowed to have it in the building, let alone be able to use it. Fortunately, i was allowed, and all people it loved it, even the Jets fans.

A lot of hockey arenas are seeming to be banning noise in arenas and it ruins the fun and atmosphere of the games. Its a hockey game, not theatre.

Air Horn is a little much in an indoor facility.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#72 StenMan.EXE

StenMan.EXE

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Air Horn is a little much in an indoor facility.

The horn I have isn't one of those aerosol boat horn things. Mine is an older-style vuvuzela, I've had it since 2001. I guess I should've pointed that part out. I don't go for the aerosol horns, but I'm all for the other ones, provided the ones who have them know how to use them, not like the soccer people in South Africa.

#73 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

The horn I have isn't one of those aerosol boat horn things. Mine is an older-style vuvuzela, I've had it since 2001. I guess I should've pointed that part out. I don't go for the aerosol horns, but I'm all for the other ones, provided the ones who have them know how to use them, not like the soccer people in South Africa.

Fair enough. I got one from a Lions game way back in the day, they are a riot.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#74 StenMan.EXE

StenMan.EXE

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

>

Fair enough. I got one from a Lions game way back in the day, they are a riot.

Nice. It saddens me that a lot of hockey arenas are starting to become so sensitive towards noise and noisemakers and the like. It's stupid.

#75 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

a sellout means all the tickets have been purchased, whether or not people actually use them is another story.

#76 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I think it should start off all fans, then play our goal song with fans chanting "Vamanos, vamanos!"

If we could get that in unison it'd be amazing.

Posted Image

#77 bringhomethecup

bringhomethecup

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Personally I'm not a huge fan of DJ dave. I think the music he plays is meant for the car radio of 16 year old girls. Way too mainstream not enough classic pump up music. Also our goal song is laaaame! Bang Bang Bang Vamenos Vamenos

#78 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Drunk fans do not make better fans. Especially those that become violent and crude.

Exhibit A : 10 Cent Beer Night

#79 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Rogers arena certainly isn't the MTS Centre but it is definitely up there in my opinion.

I think I've said this before but if you want a quiet arena/crowd go to a game at the ACC in Toronto. The crowd at Leaf games are PATHETIC. You can literally tell that Leafs fans know their team sucks but are there only out of obligation for having already dropped the $200 per ticket.

When I went to the Canucks @ Leafs game last December the building was completely silent by about halfway through the first period and almost half empty halfway through the 3rd period. It was almost laughable how annoyed and disgruntled the group of Leafs fans around me were when they started counting the passes the Canucks were making between possession in the Leafs zone. I think they counted 17, then about 2 Leafs passes before they turned the puck over before the Canucks passed the puck 11 times (not counting shots on net in between) before the next whistle.

The Leafs fans around me generally left with the attitude of "I can't believe I wasted my hard earned money on this joke of a team" and the atmosphere of the ACC generally reflects that sentiment on a nightly basis.

As bad as we think we have it, it gets much MUCH worse. Personally, I'm grateful the Canuck organization actually cares about the quality of the team/product they put on the ice. I think the crowd at Rogers Arena reflects that as well. Only thing I can think of doing is getting rid of the joke of a DJ, the song selection he puts on every night is a joke.

Edited by rbcanucks87, 08 August 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#80 KillerOrca

KillerOrca

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

- Terrible music :Black Eyed Peas, U2, Akon and cheesy electronic dance tunes.

- As much as I like Fin, Johnny Canuck should be the mascot he is bad-ass!

- Over priced beer

- Over priced tickets

- True fans are in pubs or at home. Not wearing suits in the front row giving the stink eye to any one who shouts, fist pumps, swears, chants, sings, dances or drinks a beer.

This.. Thisthisthis!
Posted Image

#81 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

The crowd noise in Rogers arena is pathetic. There needs to be something done about the lack of energy in the building throughout the regular season and even in the playoffs.

I have been trying to think of ways the canucks could create a better atmosphere at the home games.
From my experience attending canucks games, I noticed that the music played between whistles and the goal song that comes on after a goal drowns out noise created by fans. The only thing fans can hear is the song blasting out of the speakers, not the other fans cheering.

When we score a goal, the song that comes on continues playing right until the restart of play. When the puck is dropped the music stops and the crowd has settled down. I feel that if there was just a horn signalling a goal and the fans were left to cheer and hear the other fans in the building cheering it would create a more passionate response throughout the duration of the game.

When we go on our California trip and our fans pack the (ducks kings pheonix sharks) stadiums. After each of those games I always feel that the crowd was amazing and it was almost like a home game for the canucks. there are two reasons why this occurs in my opinion - no goal song when we score!! and also - fans are more diehard and drunk than usual.

Does anyone have any ideas to increase fan involvement during games?

Imo there is too much tripe talked about music during a game. Let's face it, one person's hit is another persons coaster. There hasn't been decent get up and go music since the 60's.

No it's the team on the ice that gets the crowd involved. If the crowd are quiet............it means only one thing, we are sending them to sleep. Of course you could also say that too many corporate fans have season tickets.......but even corporate fans get excited if the game/team is exciting.

If you want proof just watch the Olympics in London. These people are men women and children from all walks of life who are being carried away by supreme effort and achievement. My own countryman Sir Chris Hoy almost forced the roof of the velodrome yesterday.
Kevin.jpg

#82 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

I bring it in the nosebleeds!! Always hooting & hollering at our team. during the regular season, it is pretty low key but during the playoffs, man can that place just be deafening.

#83 krazysl

krazysl

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

The solution is simple: Cheaper beer. :lol:

:canucks:

cheaper beer and legit security.... I was at a couple games now were someone near my seat was a little drunk and cheering loud. after intermission a new older couple came and sat in their seats, i asked how they got to sit there. security sold them the tix outside. They kick you out and sell your tix...plus on the jumbo screen they have a number you can text if someone is annoying you...dont cheer or you get kicked out... Going to the games is a joke.

Edited by krazysl, 08 August 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#84 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

Keep in mind guys (and girls) that when General Motor Place was designed and built, the building was designed in way to absorb some noise to make concert viewing more enjoyable. It's a double edged sword because it contributes to the quiet in Rogers Arena.

Sidenote: I always turn the crowd noise way up and the commentary 2 notches less in NHL12. The crowd so loud you can hear the play-by-play. Awesome!
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

View Postdajusta, on 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#85 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

well there wasn't much to cheer for in the playoffs this past year. As for the ref. season, I think the fans were like the team, found it hard to get energised (cheer as loud as they could/should) when we had such a commanding lead in the NW. I don't care how loud the crowd is tbh, as long as we hear them in june ;)
Posted Image

#86 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

There is nothing to fix here...every games I have went to it was LOUD~!

#87 Fubtastik

Fubtastik

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

I think this is a great topic. I am a die hard Canucks Fan and also die hard Riders fan. I have season tickets to the Nux and the atmosphere is pretty terrible.

We only have one real chant and its the exact same as 5 other Canadian teams...... Here we go oilers is the only Canadian different one!!!! It's a joke. Are we not a people capable of coming up with some original chants and songs??

So here is a way to get some chants and songs into the Canucks Live Experience. Have locally grown celebrity ie: Steve Nash, come on the big screen and start the new chant. This can be repeated during the game by Fin. At least this way we are going to get variety and more opportunity to make some noise for the boys.

A cool sounding one we came up with was like the J-E-T-S from the NFL.

C-A-N-U-C-K-S getting faster and faster

The live experience is stale. T shirts and kiss cam and fin and dudes scraping the ice and ice cream give aways

#88 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

The solution is simple: Cheaper beer. :lol:

:canucks:

sounds about right
Posted Image

#89 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

cheaper beer and legit security.... I was at a couple games now were someone near my seat was a little drunk and cheering loud. after intermission a new older couple came and sat in their seats, i asked how they got to sit there. security sold them the tix outside. They kick you out and sell your tix...plus on the jumbo screen they have a number you can text if someone is annoying you...dont cheer or you get kicked out... Going to the games is a joke.

Not only a chump thing to do but completely illegal, sorry but I call B.S. on your story.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

View PostTheChosen1, on 03 February 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#90 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

need a supporters section. if we had it we could get some cohesion.(not going to happen i know)

we need a few songs. it really is not that hard to follow the game while chanting. not being able to follow the play tends to be the main reason and it is a crapty excuse..

then there are people who try to create chants all the time but it either doesn`t pick up cause no one is sure what is being said or it is super repetitive.

if people do know what is being said there is always large participation.

i suggest we just steal some of the whitecaps supporters songs to get going. there are several that can transfer right over into hockey. for the most part they have just taken them from teams all over the world anyways.

Edited by NoShowWilly, 08 August 2012 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.