The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Deciding between 2 Job Offers

FlappyLappy

Which ever job you like, if that is the case at all. If you hate what you're doing at both, then obviously take the one for 53k.

BUT enjoyment over money at a job is most important. If you hate waking up going to work everyday your life is going to be miserable. This is the case with most people.

Take the higher paying job. You will learn new things which is great for your career. I wouldn't worry about being fired/shorter leash. The fact that they are willing to train you means they are willing to spend a lot of money on you to get you up to speed. They are not gonna let you go for no reason unless your a total dick and completely incompetent which I doubt you are. In the end, the new responsibilities and learning something different will be more satisfying, not to mention the money.

Which ever job you like, if that is the case at all. If you hate what you're doing at both, then obviously take the one for 53k.

BUT enjoyment over money at a job is most important. If you hate waking up going to work everyday your life is going to be miserable. This is the case with most people.

Thanks for your reply.

I havent done either job, int he past I have done a similar position I enjoyed. The problem with the one at 53k is there are tasks that I have never done in a work environment but I have the educational background for it.

Im not sure if I will hate the job is more of a fear of I i cannot produce then ill get fired and I cannot have that.

My wife is having twins and my parents both have disabilities and dont work and live with me so ltos of responsabilities

Vancouver will be in recession in a few years. Alberta is recession proof for a century. My biggest regret is working 9 years in Vancouver whereas I could have been richer working in Alberta. Now my friends in Alberta are way ahead of me in terms of assets like house, cars, etc.

Needless to say, work in Calgary.

Vancouver will be in recession in a few years. Alberta is recession proof for a century. My biggest regret is working 9 years in Vancouver whereas I could have been richer working in Alberta. Now my friends in Alberta are way ahead of me in terms of assets like house, cars, etc.

Needless to say, work in Calgary.

Archived