The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Romney announces VP pick

G.K. Chesterton

Well they already knew they werent getting the black vote and Romneys "deport the mexicans" stance has completely alienated latinos so hes not getting their vote. You can no longer win in America like that.

Florida senator Marco Rubio would have been a fine choice to bring some diversity to the party ticket. Get minorities a feeling like Romney cares even a little about them. But he just couldnt do it.

Not that Romney will beat Obama, but too bad his VP pick wasn't running in his place since Romney has far more decision making clout than Ryan would as VP (all Ryan could do is break ties in the Senate).. cutting trillions from the US budget would do them good, but we all know Romney will cut two things, jack and ****.

Not that Romney will beat Obama, but too bad his VP pick wasn't running in his place since Romney has far more decision making clout than Ryan would as VP (all Ryan could do is break ties in the Senate).. cutting trillions from the US budget would do them good, but we all know Romney will cut two things, jack and ****.

Well they already knew they werent getting the black vote and Romneys "deport the mexicans" stance has completely alienated latinos so hes not getting their vote. You can no longer win in America like that.

Florida senator Marco Rubio would have been a fine choice to bring some diversity to the party ticket. Get minorities a feeling like Romney cares even a little about them. But he just couldnt do it.

Even if he cut "trillions" from the budget...it'd be things that were essential, like Medicare, privatizing Social Security...and even more despicable...cutting taxes for the millionaires while raising taxes on us here in the middle class. I have no use for such an absolutely toxic human being, and the two of them deserve each other, in my opinion. Romney just committed political suicide. Thanks for coming, Mittens.

Dude everything is "essential" nowadays, the US Social Security is going to be bankrupt well before I can ever draw any when I retire thanks to pulling funds out and issuing pointless IOU's that never get put back in, tax cuts as a long term solution combined with this heavy spending is one (large part) of several things that is bringing the US economy down and forcing the government to try and hold it up by spending more money it doesn't have, something that will continue to worsen until they let the economy crash and normalize.. or US money becomes completely worthless and the economy crashes as it should anyways, we'll see which happens first.

Once the US government can solve this debt problem first, then one can talk about essential services.. the US government can't provide any decent service right now without using funds for that service for other pork projects, golden parachutes, or ridiculous wars. That government is not one that should be given more authority or more money due to how piss poorly they manage it. The federal government in particular needs to be drastically chopped down.. it's too much of a mess.

I'll clarify..."essential" to me and my parents, then...my father is going through the opening stages of dementia...and social security was doing nothing for us..and then Obamacare kicked in and now we can afford the medicine and treatments he needs to keep some semblance of a normal life going on. If Romney gets in, he will repeal Obamacare, and we'll be right back up sh** creek again.

That won't solve the problem of costly medical care, all this is doing is forcing more people into highly uncompetitive private healthcare at government's behest, pinning more costs upon taxpayers they cannot afford on top of an already insane deficit-laden budget, not addressing at all the issue of healthcare costs which would be best defined there by actual competition.

If Romney gets Obamacare repealed, it will have virtually no effect on the bigger picture except it won't be yet another enormous added weight onto taxpayers (read: with Bush tax cuts going on over 10 years now combined with ridiculous spending will be a higher deficit and a worthless dollar) backs. If you already spent all of your money and don't bring in enough, barely making interest payments on your already large debt, would it make sense to take out more credit cards and spend that too to fund more? No.

It's nice for everyone to have healthcare, it's also nice to first consider the costs and if you can afford it. The US cannot afford anything else, it's financial situation is dire. Cutting huge chunks of budget deficit is highly required far more than finding more ways to spend non-existent funds.

It's solved problems how? Because you and your father can now afford excessively costly care on taxpayers shoulder so government can continue putting off an ever increasing major problem for the next generation to figure out of how to fix a broken economy and insane deficit? I don't see a solution, I see exacerbation of a problem.

In the US my medication costs me $150 a month even with insurance ($350 without), here in Ontario without prescription insurance it costs me $21 a month, with prescription insurance only a $4 dispensing fee from the pharmacy.

There's a very obvious mess to clean up first.

It's allowed my father to live longer for one thing...without this new insurance plan and Obamacare we were having to pay upwards of $1600 a month for all of his medicines plus treatments. As it stands, he only pays a $30 co-pay each on all of his prescriptions, and while there may be a mess to clean up, and I agree...as far as I and my family are concerned, we're just glad we no longer have to pay the pharmaceutical companies an arm and a ****ing leg so he can continue to live.

I'll wait until you can form an argument that doesn't need the crutch of your father to try and gain the upper hand. Funny how I didn't use my sister in California who went through 20 years of fighting leukemia and the extremely tiny odds of surviving relapse after relapse (i.e. bone marrow transplants).. even after beating it is now permanently in extreme amounts of pain, highly susceptible to other forms of cancer, and can hardly drive on a very rare occasion and forget about flying somewhere because of being in a near permanent state of illness (takes, guaranteed, far more meds than your dad).. oh, right, the entire country paying private insurance costs (5x higher than state MediCal) sure is a great idea suddenly? No, it sucks. This is not a good thing, it's a bad thing. If one day government can't afford to subsidize this insane costs what is your dad gonna do then? Maybe the better idea is for people to be more sensible and fix the problem on a broader scale rather than consider the small scale illogical, selfish, one.

Now please, get more angry about your dad to avoid rationally discussing the issue.

This is easy for what to cut:

Defence

Welfare (cutting able bodied people who refuse to work)

National Parks / Recreation

All corporate subsidies

Education (college tuition subsidies)

NASA (particularly space travel)

You've now got 2 trillion dollars cut which leaves a fiscal budget surplus, the surplus being used to pay into interest and into debt to inch toward a elimination of the deficit, overall balanced budget, with consideration then for what taxes and expenditures are necessary for a reasonable health care system.

The US is creeping toward interest expenses being as high as (egregiously high) defence expenditures.. expenses in GDP are approaching 100% if not already over it.. not sure what it's going to take for people in the US to figure out the kind of trouble the US is in and why government should be held at gunpoint from spending a penny more.

Archived