The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Romney announces VP pick

G.K. Chesterton

But it's okay that everyone else is now paying the arm and leg for you rather than just holding politicians accountable and electing ones that can both manage a budget and a health care system? Yay Obama.

"As long as I get what I want, who cares who I'm screwing over."

If you wish to go the effeminate, emotional route.. it helps by not burdening taxpayers further on overpriced mediocre-coverage private insurance courtesy of Obamacare.

If you wish to talk about the latest issue that's being debated on this topic about healthcare rather than the sleazy Jerry Springer stuff, read on.

The bills are the problem because private insurance is too highly priced in the US, due to it not being part of a free market.. instead it's part of excessive government involvement. Normally government involvement wouldn't be bad in a more accountable sense called universal healthcare, but we're talking about the US government and how poorly they handle almost anything.. since Obamacare also wants to subsidise private insurance, it's not about addressing ridiculous service costs to make healthcare and prescriptions more financially manageable, it's just going to pile on a mountain of debt due to the insurance industry getting favourable legislation as it cozy's up to Obama.

Again you are wrong ,

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Obama health care plan)

Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 140px-US-GreatSeal-Obverse.svg.png Full title The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Acronym PPACA Colloquial name(s) Affordable Care Act, Health Insurance Reform, Healthcare Reform, Obamacare Enacted by the 111th United States Congress Effective March 23, 2010

Most major provisions phased in by January 2014; remaining provisions phased in by 2020 Citations Public Law 111–148 Stat. 124 Stat. 119 through 124 Stat. 1025 (906 pages) Legislative history

• Introduced in the House as the "Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009" (H.R. 3590) by Charles Rangel (DNY) on September 17, 2009

• Committee consideration by: Ways and Means

• Passed the House on October 8, 2009 (416–0)

• Passed the Senate as the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" on December 24, 2009 (60–39) with amendment

• House agreed to Senate amendment on March 21, 2010 (219–212)

• Signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010

Major amendments Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010

Comprehensive 1099 Taxpayer Protection and Repayment of Exchange Subsidy Overpayments Act of 2011 United States Supreme Court cases National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA),[1] informally referred to as Obamacare,[2] is a United States federal statute signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010. Together with the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act, it represents the most significant regulatory overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965.[3]

PPACA is aimed primarily at decreasing the number of uninsured Americans and reducing the overall costs of health care. It provides a number of incentives, including subsidies, tax credits, and fees, to employers and uninsured individuals in order to increase insurance coverage.[4] Additional reforms are aimed at improving healthcare outcomes in the United States while updating and streamlining the delivery of health care. PPACA requires insurance companies to cover all applicants and offer the same rates regardless of pre-existing conditions or gender.[5][6] The Congressional Budget Office projected that PPACA will lower both future deficits[7] and Medicare spending.[8]

On June 28, 2012, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of much of PPACA in the case of National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius.[9][10]

THE CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE DISAGREE'S WITH YOU , THEY PROJECT THAT THE PPACA WILL ACTUALLY LOWER BOTH FUTURE DEFICITS , AND MEDICARE SPENDING .

So you run amok on this forum trashing Christians and religion, calling people morons, and report someone for "insensitive remarks"? Teapot meet kettle. :lol:

Oh, and for the trifecta, make sure to tell me about how you have nothing more to say to me. It's looking more and more like you have an inability to discuss simple topics with people without getting far too personal and far too emotional.

Any reasonable mod might suggest you avoid these discussions if you can't discuss them without crying like a baby because someone debated you on the subject of healthcare and didn't let you use daddy to win an argument.

Ok, "Rush", first of all, Running down an institution and a brain-washing method is not a personal attack...it is an attack on the thought processes, the belief systems, the philosophy being employed to explain away everything by way of a fairy-tale book and a supernatural invisible sky-man...what you said to me, and in reference to my father...was the very definition of a "personal" attack. You're a toxic human being, and it's very fitting that you had to cowardly hide behind a keyboard to make the comments you did. You should pull your lower lip up over your head, swallow, and put yourself out of other people's misery.

Yes and I bet calling me "Rush" is just attacking a thought process right? Teapot and kettle are getting well acquainted.

This is what you overreacted to:

Oh boy that's such a terrible thing to say about your father. :lol:

If you can't handle discussion and debate just because the discussion by some very partial degree includes your father (who is not a wedge for this debate by the way, you think mentioning him in a debate allows you to shut someone up from continuing to defend their point) I don't know why you bother discussing at all. OTOH, the fact that you keep crying about reporting people, insulting forum posters, and continuously declaring you're done responding to people or done with the topic pretty aptly describes your dramatics.

Edit: Never mind, even though watching this kid overreact and rage at me is funny, I did point out we should actually discuss the topic so until I get a worthwhile topic-related response or find a topic-related post to respond to I'll bow out.

It is not funny .. it just confirms you act like a trolling cretin .. I would not be surprised if many folks here just refuse to respond to any of your posts .. if you act this way in person, it would explain why you have few friends .. "no man is an island" ..

Ok, on topic...I pay my taxes just like anyone else in this country, I'm in the lower middle class, and this entire ticket, Romney/Ryan...is absolutely poisonous for anyone who isn't a millionaire. Seeing as how I actually LIVE in the US, I don't see, quite frankly, how anyone who DOESN'T has any frame of reference to even be in this conversation, much less insulting anyone's intelligence about it. And before you start up on things like "It will affect us indirectly" yes, you may have a point...but it will affect ME and other US citizens directly, so I'd say our voices are far more important on this issue.

Ok, on topic...I pay my taxes just like anyone else in this country, I'm in the lower middle class, and this entire ticket, Romney/Ryan...is absolutely poisonous for anyone who isn't a millionaire. Seeing as how I actually LIVE in the US, I don't see, quite frankly, how anyone who DOESN'T has any frame of reference to even be in this conversation, much less insulting anyone's intelligence about it. And before you start up on things like "It will affect us indirectly" yes, you may have a point...but it will affect ME and other US citizens directly, so I'd say our voices are far more important on this issue.

Here's the deal: there's a delicate balance between presenting your political stance and, in that, also managing to keep a sensitivity when others disclose personal information in making theirs. To continue to hammer a point across with little regard for that painful disclosure is rather cold and heartless. If it includes insults and prodding, it becomes something more and will warrant a time out.

Time for everyone to move past fighting and focus on the topic without any further insults....

once again we will be handed a "which do you hate less" type of ticket. Ryan will be painted by the Dems as "just another Republican that wants to do exactly what Bush wanted... which is what got us into this mess." Which means the right will then throw out "see, all he does is blame other people.. he's still blaming Bush for this mess."

While introducing his new running mate, Romney said here is the "next president" of the United States. I think he is predicting the future in four years, 2016. Ryan may well be the president in four years.

Face it, presidents are not elected on policy. Its funny everyone on these thread argue right vs left, when its often comes down to the likeability of the president and Obama comes way ahead of Romney in every poll. Obama policies may suck but he will win in November simply because he is popular. Romney is stiff like a robot.

In the age of 24 media, it is image that counts. Who cares if Obama is a empty suit who did little while in office. All you need to do is look good and sound good.

That certainly applied to Ronald Reagan. He accomplish little in office, but managed to act and look as a president. Of course since he was an actor in earlier life you never knew when he was just acting. But he was know as the "great communicator". Just like Obama who is a great orator.

Archived