The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not a fresh start?

miles.p

I'm sure the OP intended to post on the Toronto Maple Laughs website and landed here by mistake. President trophy two years running, first place in the league and, once again, exited the playoffs as a result of injury and the new NHL style of bully hockey and you write this type of article? Blow them up!! Get rid of the best players in the NHL two years in a row and the Selkie winner?

OMG, it just gets worse and worse with the hot weather.

by failing you mean producing almost a point per game in the last 3 play offs?? #33- 42GP 39Pts #22 39GP 36Pts.. Thats pretty impressive.. thinking that maybe they maybe they might need some tweeks to there supporting staff?? or maybe a couple of bounces will be enough...

They were one game away from a cup..

It would be nice to see absolutely no one reply to such a ridiculous post... This is exactly what he wants, these reactions. He wants people to get mad and say that he is dumb or retarded or a bandwagooner blah blah blah. You guys are all just as bad as the trolls themselves.

Hmm, I agree that a radical change in direction is needed but I disagree with almost all the rest of the OP. Firstly I think that trading the twins is a total non starter for a couple of reasons. First they are a package; no GM in the NHL would give fair market value for just one of the Sedins so you would have to trade them as a pair which IMHO lowers their value to the point where they are more valuable to the team if we simply keep them. Secondly they still have a LOT left in the tank; it is up to GMMG to maximize their potential for the remaining years of their stay in the NHL. How to do that? Simple: create a new first line and put them back on the second line for the remainder of their carers. Remember they were the best second line in the world for awhile there and there is no reason to think that they would not be otherwise again. They would be playing against lesser opposition and their cycle game doesn't require much in the way of speed or strength so they could concievably play till they are both 40. Their game is all about hockey sense and the great thing about that is that your brain will usually last longer in hockey than your body.

I think Kassian is a couple of years away from being a really good power forward for us and, with the right linemates, could anchor a great first line. Kesler could slowly make his way to the third line (if we don't trade him) where he could concentrate on his defensive game (sorry folks but he isn't getting 40 goals ever again). Add a gorilla or two on defense (maybe somebody could clone Willie Mitchell or something) and we have a really good team. Pity that GMMG didn't come to his goalie conclusion about 3 years ago; our "window" was a lot wider then and with Cory the new #1 I feel we will contend but not dominate because we have gotten weaker in almost every other position. Just my 2 cents.

When i used to want to quit i remembered that if you give up your not going to win. my dad says that if you want to be good at something you need to work hard for it so i do and when i see a post that wants to quit i think, hey, don't quit. So have some faith and never forget who you are ok? So i sent Shane done a email with this painting i did and maybe he will listen to me and we can win cup shanedone.jpg

Archived