The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Avery is just a neanderthal. Sherman is a smart guy. Listen to his interviews, he knows how to pick his spots. Don't be a hater, you would kill to have him on your team, everyone would. He's a stud.

Brad Marchand is a pretty good hockey player too. Doesn't mean I would take him on my team, there is a fine line between agitator and clown, and these guys all tend to cross that line eventually.

Brad Marchand is a pretty good hockey player too. Doesn't mean I would take him on my team, there is a fine line between agitator and clown, and these guys all tend to cross that line eventually.

You are implying Sherman is a dirty player, because that is exactly what Marchand is. Show me a video of Sherman being a dirty rat. Not even a comparison. And to say a guy that talks trash will eventually low-bridge someone is just plain ignorant.

Wouldn't mind a Ravens and 49ers Super Bowl.

Can't believe Atlanta actually won. I thought we would see a 49ers and Seahawks physical revenge game that would have been epic.

Oh well it's still going to be a good game but Atlanta is not as physical as the Seahawks or 49ers.

Ravens vs Patriots the rematch is gonna be awesome. Would love to see Ray Lewis and Ed Reed possibly too go out with rings.

You are implying Sherman is a dirty player, because that is exactly what Marchand is. Show me a video of Sherman being a dirty rat. Not even a comparison. And to say a guy that talks trash will eventually low-bridge someone is just plain ignorant.

LOL.... what? My point was that just because a guy is a good player, doesn't mean I'd take him on my team. I didn't make the Marchand comparison.

I don't care how smart the guy is. He acts like an idiot. It's one thing to showboat and trash talk after you make a big play. It's another to not be able to keep your mouth shut after someone just burned you for a TD (Roddy White today), or to literally ask someone to punch you in the face, and then cry like a girl when they do (whatshisname last week), I could go on....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7znBBazafA

The guy is an arrogant prick. Very nice that his big mouth will be shut for a few months at least.

BAgz04RCcAMlGRN.jpg

BAiFEd3CEAEGpAc.jpg

Edited by Champions of Nothing
  • Upvote 1

So I went ahead and created a league.

League ID: 64214

Password: afcnfc

here's the url: http://hockey.fantas...om/hockey/64214

draft is set for Wednesday night at 8:30pm, if you guys would rather do Thursday night at 8:30pm let me know. It's head to head points scoring, live online draft, 45 seconds allowed per pick so the draft is less than an hour long.

edit: I also made it a little interesting to add a different perspective. Added points rewarded for penalty minutes, hits, and goalies get -1 point for losses, and also points for +/-

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Interesting dynamic on how winning a game can change the way the media and outsiders look at a situation. If the Patriots lost this game, would Bellichick get any flack for clearing Gronk to play when he maybe shouldn't have? A couple of reporters have said that Gronk was favoring his arm big time during the game.

Obviously a baller like Gronkowski is gonna say/do whatever he has to, to be able to play.

Edit:

Also Patriots related. Was having a conversation with a friend from Boston of mine. Who owes who more? As in, does Brady owe Bellichick for his success, or Bellichick Brady?

It's actually really really interesting if you think about it. Looking back at the 3 Super Bowl wins, a solid defense was a part of those victories - something BB provided, but also not to ignore the comeback drives. Another thing is the success they've had since those wins, the Patriots have not had good defenses or overall rosters, and the Patriots have been consistently successful - largely because of Brady's elite play.

Edited by JollyJet

Interesting dynamic on how winning a game can change the way the media and outsiders look at a situation. If the Patriots lost this game, would Bellichick get any flack for clearing Gronk to play when he maybe shouldn't have? A couple of reporters have said that Gronk was favoring his arm big time during the game.

Obviously a baller like Gronkowski is gonna say/do whatever he has to, to be able to play.

Edit:

Also Patriots related. Was having a conversation with a friend from Boston of mine. Who owes who more? As in, does Brady owe Bellichick for his success, or Bellichick Brady?

It's actually really really interesting if you think about it. Looking back at the 3 Super Bowl wins, a solid defense was a part of those victories - something BB provided, but also not to ignore the comeback drives. Another thing is the success they've had since those wins, the Patriots have not had good defenses or overall rosters, and the Patriots have been consistently successful - largely because of Brady's elite play.

Interesting point. Maybe that's why the Patriots haven't had that great of a success to win maybe another one or two Superbowls for Brady? Over the past couple seasons though, I've noticed our defence was abysmal to the point where they looked like high schoolers out there, costing us games sometimes. (see game @ Seattle this season). Our secondary has been lacking severely sometimes allowing the opposition to come back into the game. Never seem to play consistently. Good one week, then absolutely terrible the next.

Edit:

The great thing about Belichick and Brady's relationship is that BB let's Brady do what he needs to do to be successful. BB takes care of what he feels he needs an absolute say in (secondary, linebacker assignments, offensive line) but he gives Tom full authority to make changes to the offense which he feels are neccessary. The point I'm obviously getting to is that they both owe each other, which doesn't make sense and doesn't answer your question but in my mind it makes sense; they owe their success to each other. Would Brady still be as successful in his career if he played for a coach who didn't give him full control of audibles and changes to the offense? Would Belichick have the same great career if he was given a QB like Sanchez to run the offense but was still able to produce a great defense?

Interesting question, who deserves more credit for that magical 07 season, Brady, Belichick, or McDaniels? Obviously Brady was the one physically throwing the ball out there, but McDaniel's playcalling and game planning that season, especially in utilizing moss and welkers talents had a huge impact.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I like the point one of the commentators brought up, and that is how Talib has changed the secondary. It reminds me of when Sundin came here and changed the play of Kes and Hank. Talib gives the other secondary players more freedom to play loose instead of playing stiff due to worries about the other teams top receiving threat.

Bellichek/Brady were just "lucky" (maybe lucky isn't the word... fortunate) that they found a counterpart that fit their own strengths and weaknesses so well. They are so much on the same page like few coach/QB combos ever get the chance to be. It tooks years to develop a relationship to the level that they have, which requires an incredible amount of success to allow a team to have the same coach and QB for that long to allow establishing such a relationship. I believe Drew Brees and Sean Payton are on their way to something similar, and I believe Payton Manning had something similar with his old OC Tom Moore.

It's something that produces some real greatness. Walsh/Montana, Noll/Bradshaw, Landry/Stabauch.

The great thing about Belichick and Brady's relationship is that BB let's Brady do what he needs to do to be successful. BB takes care of what he feels he needs an absolute say in (secondary, linebacker assignments, offensive line) but he gives Tom full authority to make changes to the offense which he feels are neccessary. The point I'm obviously getting to is that they both owe each other, which doesn't make sense and doesn't answer your question but in my mind it makes sense; they owe their success to each other. Would Brady still be as successful in his career if he played for a coach who didn't give him full control of audibles and changes to the offense? Would Belichick have the same great career if he was given a QB like Sanchez to run the offense but was still able to produce a great defense?

Interesting question, who deserves more credit for that magical 07 season, Brady, Belichick, or McDaniels? Obviously Brady was the one physically throwing the ball out there, but McDaniel's playcalling and game planning that season, especially in utilizing moss and welkers talents had a huge impact.

Brady is a good QB regardless of the ability to 'audible'. Although, I don't think there is a single QB in the league who isn't allowed to audible a play if he sees something different at the line. Bellichick on the other hand had 3 really good defenses that helped him win 3 SBs, but they won those because of clutch QB play from Brady. If Bellichick didn't have a clutch QB, still had let's say Bledsoe...it's hard to see him have overcome that to win those games. So I think Bellichick owes more to Brady, I really think Brady saved his coaching career.