The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Pretty good game. I like to see a defensive game. Too many shootouts in the NFL now days. The game has changed a lot over the past several years. It's good to see this type of game once in a while. Only thing missing is the weather, some snow or a little rain would be nice to see in a game like this.

Not all do. In fact many don't. Sure, most will make a few adjustments in play-calling or whatnot, but few change the whole system. Pete Carroll is one, that is the whole point of my argument.

For the rest of your post, I definitely agree.

Well, that's the difference between successful teams and unsuccessful teams. You should play to the skills of your most important player.

Divisional Round schedule is set

Next Saturday

Broncos play at 430 eastern against winner of Colts/Ravens

San Francisco plays Green Bay at 5PM

Next Sunday

Falcons play winner of Seahawks Redskins game at 1PM eastern

New England plays houston at 430 pm eastern

Edited by canuckbeliever

Well, Mike and Kyle Shanahan had to change their system of offense for RG3. Neither has ever worked with a QB like him. I don't think they regret drafting him :P.

Well obviously they knew what they were getting in for when they traded up to get him.

My point was more for Wilson, many teams were likely unwilling to switch their systems for a knew/different style QB.

Mike Shanahan may have never had a QB like RGIII before, but in high school he played QB in a Wishbone offence, which was kinda like the Spread option of the 70's. It was innovative, new, and used lots of read option plays.

Edited by Champions of Nothing

Here's a brilliantly fantastic article on the Skins offence. Great lead-up for the game tomorrow, I suggest everyone give it a read.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/46484/why-the-seahawks-are-built-to-handle-washingtons-offensive-revolution

Can't say I've read a ton, but Chris Brown is by far the best football writer/blogger I've seen.

Well obviously they knew what they were getting in for when they traded up to get him.

My point was more for Wilson, many teams were likely unwilling to switch their systems for a knew/different style QB.

Mike Shanahan may have never had a QB like RGIII before, but in high school he played QB in a Wishbone offence, which was kinda like the Spread option of the 70's. It was innovative, new, and used lots of read option plays.

Well that plays into my point that teams that don't adjust their systems to suit their QBs may not have the success they could have.

Even though it was on way way short notice, I don't know why the Vikings practically abandoned the read option with Webb tonight.

Kaepernick was my other example of a coach adjusting to a QB's skill set and finding success. Good coaches do it.

Edited by JollyJet