The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV or Torts?

canucksfan10123

I've always thought coaches were there to, well, coach. Watching AV behind the bench, basically ignoring the players, not coaching them, not even giving the crucial instructions when there is a time out... I'd take Torts any day, at least he seems to do the actual job, not just stand there, chew gum, and watch the assistants.

Torts wouldn't let this Raymond, Ballard, Rome BS happen. He'd use them or get rid of them.

He also would have went bonkers at the refs over the number of BS calls and he'd pull the media attention AWAY from our players -- which served as huge distractions in the past.

With that said, I'm not sure we'd win back to back President trophies. However, I'd doubt we'd have as many first/second round exits or significantly underperforming games.

I got nothing against AV, but Torts all the way.

He's the motivator our team would need come playoff time, he would help our players find that extra gear.

I expect the Rags to win a cup in the next few years, he will be one of the big reasons why.

if I was thinking style of coach motivator, intense, will keep a fire lit under players that need it, doesnt play favourites, I prefer that coach, but I do not like the arrogance, anger issues, and insanity that is Torts, but i would prefer a coach like him to AV. Him personally no. AV coaching style makes players complacent, also makes other players dislike him. The locker room should be the coaches not the players, AV lets his players manage themselves which is great to a point, but when u need to kick players in the ass not many players will do it. I just wish this was more of a what type of coach i want not the person. Cause personally I want neither, but if I had to choose I'd say AV cause Torts' craziness actually hurts him more than helps.

Torts wouldn't let this Raymond, Ballard, Rome BS happen. He'd use them or get rid of them.

He also would have went bonkers at the refs over the number of BS calls and he'd pull the media attention AWAY from our players -- which served as huge distractions in the past.

With that said, I'm not sure we'd win back to back President trophies. However, I'd doubt we'd have as many first/second round exits or significantly underperforming games.

Archived