to chi: luongo, edler, raymond

keith-seabrook

edler-montador

oduya-leddy

chi acquires the best blueline in the nhl

sedin-sedin-burrows

booth-kesler-kane

the canucks acquire the best group of top 6 forwards in the nhl

Don't think Gillis is interested in giving you guys the one piece you need in exchange for a 3rd line centre, as good as he may be. Our biggest hole is actually a top 6 winger. We have a few guys who could fill in the 3rd line centre spot (Lapierre, Malhotra) but not many who can hold down a top 6 spot long term. Have to think Gillis is holding out for a potential top 6 winger in any Lu trade since we'll most likely be missing out on Doan.

I just don't see us completing your team without getting something significant back. Hence why I don't see a VAN-CHI trade working.

We are just having some fun here, but I agree with you that a Chicago-Vancouver trade won't happen.

If you think Gillis can get a legitimate top 6 winger I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. Even Nash couldn't bring that type of return. Gillis is a good GM, but the only way you're getting a top 6 winger is if he can use some Jedi mind tricks on an opposing GM.

We are just having some fun here, but I agree with you that a Chicago-Vancouver trade won't happen.

If you think Gillis can get a legitimate top 6 winger I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. Even Nash couldn't bring that type of return. Gillis is a good GM, but the only way you're getting a top 6 winger is if he can use some Jedi mind tricks on an opposing GM.

Could we get Kane? here is my proposal

Van.

Luongo

Raymond

Edler

2013 2nd

Malhotra

Chi.

Kane

Saad

2nd or 1st in 2013

conditional 6th(If Kane gets more than 30 goals it goes to Chicago if not it goes to the Canucks)

and sign Arnott to 1 year 1.2 mil contract

Lineup

D.Sedin,H.Sedin,Burrows/Kane

Booth,Kesler,Burrows/Kane

Higgins,Lapierre,Hansen

Volpatti/Weise,Arnott/Schroeder,Kassian

Would be nice because Kesler works well with Kane/Burrows and the sedins would get a scorer on their line any way and if Kes ain't ready for the season Schroeder or Lappy can move up to second.

Hamuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Garrison

Connauton/Alberts-Tanev

Solid defense and our offense would make up for it.Ballard would be able to rush with Garrison holding the fort

Schneider

Lack

Could sign Ellis too

With this lineup we would not even need doan and Arnott could

move up and down the lineup

Could we get Kane? here is my proposal

Van.

Luongo

Raymond

Edler

2013 2nd

Malhotra

Chi.

Kane

Saad

2nd or 1st in 2013

conditional 6th(If Kane gets more than 30 goals it goes to Chicago if not it goes to the Canucks)

and sign Arnott to 1 year 1.2 mil contract

Lineup

D.Sedin,H.Sedin,Burrows/Kane

Booth,Kesler,Burrows/Kane

Higgins,Lapierre,Hansen

Volpatti/Weise,Arnott/Schroeder,Kassian

Would be nice because Kesler works well with Kane/Burrows and the sedins would get a scorer on their line any way and if Kes ain't ready for the season Schroeder or Lappy can move up to second.

Hamuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Garrison

Connauton/Alberts-Tanev

Solid defense and our offense would make up for it.Ballard would be able to rush with Garrison holding the fort

Schneider

Lack

Could sign Ellis too

With this lineup we would not even need doan and Arnott could

move up and down the lineup

Nothing is for free. If you're referring to Doan then it will cost the Canucks $7.5 million/season for a few years. The Canucks would obviously be a better team with Doan and other clubs would be less included to help Gillis with his Luongo situation.

The current Luongo/Schneider situation reminds me of the Khabibulin/Huet situation we had a few years ago. Nobody would take Khabibulin in a deal or on waivers. Luongo is better than Khabi so he will be dealt, but it won't be easy.

You do know Gretzky was traded. Gretzky > Crosby.

It would have to be an overpayment... just to do this fast Stamkos, Hedman, st.louis and a 1st and they'll take Martin back with crosby

If you meant Canucks proposal for Crosby then I'd have to go to cap geek and Overpay while taking cap back, too much work.

Archived