The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-signing] Hartnell in Philly

The contract extensions Philly has handed out over the past few years is mind boggling. Carter, Richards, JVR, Briere, Pronger, Bryz, Giroux, and even the Weber offer sheet. Giroux & Briere is realistically the only ones that will play and hold their value & finish their contracts. JVR is gone, Pronger is probably done with the concussion, and everyone knows about the Bryz situation. The way Hartnell plays the game (#hartnelldown) he would probably start to decline in production in the later years of his contract. Hope I'm wrong but Im just thinking realistically. Great player, would love to have him on the Canucks, but I think Philly should've realistically given him a 3 or 4 year max extension. Especially with this new CBA coming into effect eventually...

The contract extensions Philly has handed out over the past few years is mind boggling. Carter, Richards, JVR, Briere, Pronger, Bryz, Giroux, and even the Weber offer sheet. Giroux & Briere is realistically the only ones that will play and hold their value & finish their contracts. JVR is gone, Pronger is probably done with the concussion, and everyone knows about the Bryz situation. The way Hartnell plays the game (#hartnelldown) he would probably start to decline in production in the later years of his contract. Hope I'm wrong but Im just thinking realistically. Great player, would love to have him on the Canucks, but I think Philly should've realistically given him a 3 or 4 year max extension. Especially with this new CBA coming into effect eventually...

Archived