219 replies to this topic

#151 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Canada does very little for its citizens abroad.

I have friends who had to be evacuated during the first gulf war and had to rely on the americans while the yokel canucks showed up late.

They were also largely no shows during the conflict in libya as my company was trying to evac canadian citizens

The british/canadian gentleman who was a victim of saudis coverup of terrorist attacks in the earlier 2000s had some interesting perspective of his dealing with both the brit and canadian diplomats while he was being tortured in a saudi prison.

Well, this news pretty much validates your statement. Why doesn't Canada give a crap about their citizens abroad? Even Americans abroad get a lot of support from their diplomats. The fact that there still is a group of people in Washington operating to provide basic services to Iranian-Americans abroad, while Canada will not be providing ANY as of now says something about our government.

Posted Image

#152 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Iranians aren't brown buddy. They are Aryans (Indo-Europeans) and some are white and look Caucasian. The only thing Harper cares about is Israel. I wonder if Mr. Harper had a sleepover tonight at Mr. Netanyahoo's house. I bet they are having butt sex right now.

Homophobic attacks FTW?

#153 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Iranians aren't brown buddy. They are Aryans (Indo-Europeans) and some are white and look Caucasian. The only thing Harper cares about is Israel. I wonder if Mr. Harper had a sleepover tonight at Mr. Netanyahoo's house. I bet they are having butt sex right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#154 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Homophobic attacks FTW?

How is it homophobic? I mentioned the fact that Harper and Netanyahoos relationship is pretty tight and you go ahead and make accusations like this? Wow, talk about being judgemental.

Posted Image

#155 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

The problem is, both sides are so full of crap, that it neither is really worth reading.

Maybe so, but at least I can point to the pile of crap. I got nothing from the Iranian side right now.

#156 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Maybe so, but at least I can point to the pile of crap. I got nothing from the Iranian side right now.

Learn Farsi

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#157 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

How is it homophobic? I mentioned the fact that Harper and Netanyahoos relationship is pretty tight and you go ahead and make accusations like this? Wow, talk about being judgemental.

Tight to the point of having buttsex? So it's not a derogative statement aimed at Harper or Netanyahu?

#158 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Posted Image

Yeah, too bad you didn't get the point that they are Indo-European also known as Aryan (not brown as in not a descendant of Indians but more mixed). If you don't know what Aryan is, you should google it. Just because Ahmedinejad looks like a monkey, doesn't mean the whole Iranian population look like that. Some look brown due to their mixed race with Indus people from middle-south Asia. I did say some are brown, didn't I? But technically calling all Iranians brown people or linking them to Indians is pretty ignorant.

Posted Image

#159 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Tight to the point of having buttsex? So it's not a derogative statement aimed at Harper or Netanyahu?

Also, if I mention buttsex, how am I implying it as a positive or a negative point?? I would be implying that they have a relationship that might go beyond a friendship. You seem to be more of a homophobic if you think my comments were homophobic as I never intended my comments to be taken as homophobic.

Posted Image

#160 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

What about the Iranian side? You don't need to know about the Iranian side when there are a lot of people in government (including Canada) that oppose this action. Did the British completely cut off diplomatic ties with Iran after that British embassy crisis? Did Americans completely close the line of communication between Washington and Tehran? nope. The fact that Canada completely terminated diplomatic ties knowing that US and Britain have an even worse relationship with Iran is seen as an overreaction and a drastic measure on Canada's part.

Posted Image

#161 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Learn Farsi

Burton Farsi edition snowboard pants

Posted Image

got these 2 seasons ago , they are my all time fave ski-pants , and i have the matching jacket . Derka-Derka

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#162 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

Burton Farsi edition snowboard pants

Posted Image

got these 2 seasons ago , they are my all time fave ski-pants , and i have the matching jacket . Derka-Derka

Just make sure they don't detain you for questioning when you are wearing those pants. After all, they might think you are a terrorist lol! Also, avoid wearing them if you are crossing the US boarder.

Posted Image

#163 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Just make sure they don't detain you for questioning when you are wearing those pants. After all, they might think you are a terrorist lol! Also, avoid wearing them if you are crossing the US boarder.

I live in australia mate :) And the ski-patrol at mt.hotham considered me a terrorist long before i started wearing the farsi :lol:

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#164 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

I live in australia mate :) And the ski-patrol at mt.hotham considered me a terrorist long before i started wearing the farsi :lol:

Were you called a raghead, sandnigger or a suicide bomber? Maybe there is a new term used in Australia to describe those middle eastern "terrorists".

Posted Image

#165 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,320 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

<p>

What about the Iranian side? You don't need to know about the Iranian side when there are a lot of people in government (including Canada) that oppose this action. Did the British completely cut off diplomatic ties with Iran after that British embassy crisis? Did Americans completely close the line of communication between Washington and Tehran? nope. The fact that Canada completely terminated diplomatic ties knowing that US and Britain have an even worse relationship with Iran is seen as an overreaction and a drastic measure on Canada's part.

Methinks Harper overestimates our importance on the world stage.

Edited by nucklehead, 09 September 2012 - 06:27 AM.

biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#166 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

<p>

Methinks Harper overestimates our importance on the world stage.

I seriously believe Harper only says and does what his Muilti-national Petroleum overlords tell him to do .. he is a puppet of the worst ilk ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#167 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

"When did a terrorist attack happened here? "

Read up on Air India and The Squamish Five.

#168 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Iran sucks. get rid of these spies (diplomats).

#169 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

"When did a terrorist attack happened here? "

Read up on Air India and The Squamish Five.

What does Air India have to do with terrorists from the middle east? And Squamish Five were a bunch of white guys. What I meant was when did a terrorist act happened here that was committed by Iranians? Air India, Squamish Five are all isolated incidents unrelated to terrorism committed by Muslim extremists.

Posted Image

#170 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Iran sucks. get rid of these spies (diplomats).

I hope you mean the regime sucks because It is offensive to me if you are saying our whole country and people suck. Iran is a beautiful country and you've never been there, so I suggest you keep your comments to yourself.

Posted Image

#171 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Air India was an example of religious terrorism, in this case it was a few Sikhs rather than a few Mulsims.
The Squamish Five were a few eco-terroists
The FLQ were a few political terrorists
The point remains Canada has seen terrorism.

#172 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Air India was an example of religious terrorism, in this case it was a few Sikhs rather than a few Mulsims.
The Squamish Five were a few eco-terroists
The FLQ were a few political terrorists
The point remains Canada has seen terrorism.

Yeah, and so have most of the countries in the world. My point is that those terrorism was unrelated to terrorism caused my Muslim extremists. We have yet to see a terrorism here in Canada caused by Muslim extremist to the same level as United States.

Posted Image

#173 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Well, this news pretty much validates your statement. Why doesn't Canada give a crap about their citizens abroad? Even Americans abroad get a lot of support from their diplomats. The fact that there still is a group of people in Washington operating to provide basic services to Iranian-Americans abroad, while Canada will not be providing ANY as of now says something about our government.

I bet most of you did not know that Canada strips Canadian citizens abroad of their right to vote after five years.

#174 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Given that the States is 10 times our population, one could argue that the Air India bombing was at least the equal of 9/11 in terms of death toll,
Humans seem to need an enemy of some kind, and when one fades away a new one is invented.

#175 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yeah, too bad you didn't get the point that they are Indo-European also known as Aryan (not brown as in not a descendant of Indians but more mixed). If you don't know what Aryan is, you should google it. Just because Ahmedinejad looks like a monkey, doesn't mean the whole Iranian population look like that. Some look brown due to their mixed race with Indus people from middle-south Asia. I did say some are brown, didn't I? But technically calling all Iranians brown people or linking them to Indians is pretty ignorant.

I didn't actually state that ALL Iranians were brown. I simply said Harper doesn't care about brown people as a play on Kanye West's 'Bush doesn't care about black people' bit. But I suppose that went over your head. It's ok. It was fun watching you throw a fit though. ;)

Oh, and i'm not your buddy, guy.

#176 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

I seriously believe Harper only says and does what his Muilti-national Petroleum overlords tell him to do .. he is a puppet of the worst ilk ..

Why are you keeping slagging Harper when, Obama, the left wing president, has the same hardline policy toward Iran? How about some hatred against Obama.

All the leftists on this forum applaud OBama, yet never criticize him on his anti-Israel policies. When the bombs fly, its the Americans that is going to the job, not Canada.

And what oil overlords? Perhaps the Jewish Overlords? This has nothing to do with oil. It all comes to down to the protection of Israel.

#177 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

So after taking some time to think about Canada's embassy closure in Iran, i've begun to think that perhaps it's not a terrible message to send to Iran.

I of course understand and empathize with the Iranian-Canadians who hold dual citizenship and want to be able to see their families and be able to have some semblance of a safety net while there.

However, the Iranian gov't and this regime in particular hasn't actually been a working partner with our Gov't for a very long time. Even after strong protest, and urging, and insistence of the release of Zahra Kazemi, she ended up being beaten and killed, in what was essentially state sanctioned murder.

It's the Iranian gov't that has been and continues to be the irresponsible and unprofessional partner in the Can-Iran relationship.

So, in some ways, this sends a message. Is it the best message? That's debatable. Is it the only message that the Iranian regime has seemed to listen to? It seems so.

Iranians who have dual citizenship will be the ones most affected by this, and yeah, that's unfair and unfortunate. However, Iranians should be focusing their ire on the country that precipitates the worsening of relationships between the two countries and recognize that closing the embassy is really the only strong message that Canada can send on behalf of them and all Canadians, to Iran's regime that it won't put up with their crap any longer.

Unfortunately, when two states clash, it's the people that pay. I only hope that the people of Iran are able to overthrow this regime that's trying to make Iran an even more closed country. I hope this is a case of needing to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. In the meantime, Iranians are taking their own risks in going back to a country that doesn't seem to recognize their dual Canadian citizenship and never really has when they wanted to apprehend them, imprison them, torture them or kill them. That's not Canada's fault and perhaps it's about time Canada protested that more formally and forcefully.

#178 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Why are you keeping slagging Harper when, Obama, the left wing president, has the same hardline policy toward Iran? How about some hatred against Obama.

All the leftists on this forum applaud OBama, yet never criticize him on his anti-Israel policies. When the bombs fly, its the Americans that is going to the job, not Canada.

And what oil overlords? Perhaps the Jewish Overlords? This has nothing to do with oil. It all comes to down to the protection of Israel.

Those 'leftists' such as myself, applaud Obama when there are things to applaud and those such as myself criticize and speak out about those things that Obama's administration does that warrant critique.

For example, I heavily criticize the continued military support/subsidy of Israel, by the Obama administration. I understand why it's politically done, but I still criticize it. However, I applaud Obama's curtailing of 'Netenyahoo's' desire to attack Iran, something that has strained Israeli/U.S. relationships over the past few years.

Harper is far more slag worthy on any number of fronts and issues, however, if he does something non-Harperish, then i have no problem giving him credit for it. It all depends on the specific situation, and more often then not, Harper's decisions have been terrible, imo.

#179 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

I didn't actually state that ALL Iranians were brown. I simply said Harper doesn't care about brown people as a play on Kanye West's 'Bush doesn't care about black people' bit. But I suppose that went over your head. It's ok. It was fun watching you throw a fit though. ;)

Oh, and i'm not your buddy, guy.

And the fact that we aren't brown people, how does that statement mirror Kayne West's comments about Bush? It might have been more accurate if you said Harper doesn't care about Muslim people or Iranians. But you can believe whatever you want to believe, you could've even said Harper doesn't care about yellow people (would've been as accurate as what you've said).

Posted Image

#180 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Slagging Harper?? .. I am stating the obvious .. he is unable and/or incapable of making any international unilateral decision without the consent of the Petroleum interests .. such is my opinion .. where did I say Obama, and the US political apparatus in general, is not controlled by Big Petroleum, Big Insurance and Big Pharma? .. I have never said such or even intimated any such thing ..

Besides, Harper is MY PM, and I think he is a "tool" .. in all ways possible!!! .. I do not hate him, and besides, what does this have to do with "bombs"? .. Harper withdrawing our embassy was NOT his idea IMO .. unless you have evidence to the contrary .. rather, it is likely the first step in a series of acts that will lead to military action by the West and their Israeli puppet-state .. :lol:

Edited by Tearloch7, 09 September 2012 - 01:40 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.